Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Milan Mandaric has targeted leicester!

From the looks of it, I'm in the minority, but I don't want him anywhere near Leicester. Pompey may have had money, but it was in turmoil as well. The way he would go through managers (Redknapp, Zajec and Perrin) and the way he would interfere in the transfer market concerns me.

From the looks of it, I'm in the minority, but I don't want him anywhere near Leicester. Pompey may have had money, but it was in turmoil as well. The way he would go through managers (Redknapp, Zajec and Perrin) and the way he would interfere in the transfer market concerns me.

The way we would bring in players capable of getting us promotion to the premiership and staying there :D

I'm staggered.

Some of you lot would sell your soul for 40 miserable pieces of silver.

This club is perfectly capable of looking after itself given any sort of luck in the next few years.

I'm not going to spell it out but we've pretty well enough assets to survive in this League as it is.

Sell a couple (I'm not going to say which though I have my views) and pay nearly half the debt off without irretrievably weakening the side.

Then bring the next group through over the next 12/18 months: Dodds, Gradel, Sheehan and Chambers.

Plan to sell two more and that's the problem pretty well solved solved.

No need for a group of foreign mercanaries who don't have any connection or specific interest in our football club other than what it can do for them.

I wouldn't be altogether comfortable but I can equate with people like Martin George who have shown a long term interest in Leicester City and a few others with some mileage under their belts where City are concerned but foreign speculators, no thanks.

Hullfox may say where's the affinity of investors in other clubs but I don't give a shit about other clubs. I've said before. Leicester should set its own standards and its own agenda.

I don't want our club thrown to some random speculator like some piece of meat to a predator.

We've survived 100 years without those sort and we can survive some more. And go forward thank you very much.

I'm staggered.

This club is perfectly capable of looking after itself given any sort of luck in the next few years.

I'm not going to spell it out but we've pretty well enough assets to survive in this League as it is.

No need for a group of foreign mercanaries who don't have any connection or specific interest in our football club other than what it can do for them.

I wouldn't be altogether comfortable but I can equate with people like Martin George who have shown a long term interest in Leicester City and a few others with some mileage under their belts where City are concerned but foreign speculators, no thanks.

Hullfox may say where's the affinity of investors in other clubs but I don't give a shit about other clubs. I've said before. Leicester should set its own standards and its own agenda.

I don't want our club thrown to some random speculator like some piece of meat to a predator.

We've survived 100 years without those sort and we can survive some more. And go forward thank you very much.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

The way we would bring in players capable of getting us promotion to the premiership and staying there :D

You build football clubs not buy em. That's where the fun lies, where the achievement lies and where the whole point of the bloody game lies.

I'm staggered.

Sell a couple (I'm not going to say which though I have my views) and pay nearly half the debt off without irretrievably weakening the side.

Then bring the next group through over the next 12/18 months: Dodds, Gradel, Sheehan and Chambers.

Go on, say who you would sell to make that money?

Weren't you the person who said we could get £10 million for david connolly?

I like Milan, he's a character, but I'm talking to a Pompey fan who reckons that he'd sack RK at the first sign of trouble (and I don't think it'd just be doing the opposite of hanging on too much lke when did Levein), he sacked Alan Ball, Stevie Claridge and Tony Pulis all within a year of their appointment, and Perrin in 7 months, including the close season.

On the other hand, he does seem to enjoy football more than his opponents give him credit for, and he has money (although I do oppose football being made easy by pumping tons of cash into the club, the O'Neill years felt good because the club had made it under their own merit.)

he'd be good if you got him cos he wants success and doesn't put up with under achieving for long, he cares about the supporters and listens to what the fan's want. He regularly went to various supporter's club meetings to talk to fans, went to pubs after games and put money behind the bar, set up the Supporter's Advisory Panel and stuff like that.

He backed almost every manager, apart from Perrin and bankrolled us by putting money into the club when ITV digital meant that everyone else was bankrupt.

So, I'm not too sure, but I certainly won't be rushing to protest outside the Walkers if he does come.

A bit more:

he has made a habbit of buying shitty clubs for very little, turning them around and then selling them

I must admit this worries me, if he did bring us success, he could easily leave us in the hands of some useless bastard who sends us back down the shitter.

I'm staggered.

Totally agree.

Go on, say who you would sell to make that money?

Weren't you the person who said we could get £10 million for david connolly?

Time honoured selling ploy.

You can always come down from a price. You can't go up.

And if we got £3m for Connolly what does that make Fryatt worth, just as one example.?

And make no mistake, Dodds and Chambers will be as good, barring injuries or the unforseen.

But they're not our only assets.

Totally agree.

Yeah, that is my main opposing thought. It's not like we desperately need money, and having almost fock all has forced us to invest in youth, which we should have done under Micky.

But if we could get someone in that will give the club a small financial boost to get the best out of us, it does sound tempting.

Maybe it's time for the club to join the 21st century.

I'm all for keeping the club locally owned but let's be honest.

What good has it done us?

How on earth can we rely on selling a few of our up and coming players every now and again? If any do come along we end up selling them for peanuts anyway!

I'm sure if you ask Portsmouth fans they are glad he took them over, turned them around and then sold them because they are now a decent Premiership side opposed to a bottom half Championship side.

Decent? If they're lucky, they might not finish in the bottom 5 this season but that would be something of a change.

Decent? If they're lucky, they might not finish in the bottom 5 this season but that would be something of a change.

They are still a decent side though, the fact they are still in the Premiership makes them a decent side.

They are still a decent side though, the fact they are still in the Premiership makes them a decent side.

If it wasn't for Gaydamak's investment into Pompey, they would be playing Championship football.

If it wasn't for Gaydamak's investment into Pompey, they would be playing Championship football.

That's a fair enough comment.

In all fairness, though, the trouble started when Redknapp left. Perrin was inept - money or no money.

I reckon if Redknapp didn't walk, Pompey would have been fine all along (unfortunately).

Maybe it's time for the club to join the 21st century.

I'm all for keeping the club locally owned but let's be honest.

What good has it done us?

How on earth can we rely on selling a few of our up and coming players every now and again? If any do come along we end up selling them for peanuts anyway!

Developing our own players and selling some always makes sense to me.

And in our present situation why should we not rely on that way forward:

Current young saleable assets:

Stearman,

Kisnorbo,

McCarthy,

Fryatt.

Future young saleable assets:

Logan,

Dodds,

Porter,

O'Grady,

Gradel,

Chambers,

Sheehan

Beyond that:

Tejan-Sie

Odihiambo

King,

Magunda etc etc.

Is he the Weetabix bloke? :unsure:

I'm staggered.

Oh dear. Your attitudes towards football are so backwards :pinch: just because we have some decent prospects doesn't mean we are going to rise to the top of his division off their back alone, you don't have to mention at least one of them in every single post you write that is over 5 lines. Theres no evidence that any of our young players are going to make it at higher level then the one Leicester currently are at, except for Stearmen who is quickly buggering that up for himself.

I admire the attitude of attempting to stay independant but it's not working at the minute is it? You slowly getting what you want, the magic Levi is getting a look in in the first team, COG was also coming through before whatever kicked off concearning him happened, Logans in the sixteen every week, Weslowski is also looking at getting a regular first team place. We are now playing with two "attacking wingers" give Louis Dodds a place on the bench and Alan sheehan a left back start and you have the Thracian all stars. I honestly think if this approach is taken further over the next few months you will see the any dramatic improvement. I reckon we will be in for another bottom half finish. The one of two the bratt pack that actually look any good will be sold to "cover the drop in attendances" and all the other overheads that come with not owning your own ground and being in a mountain of debt.

Look at the clubs that are successful. Chelsea, bought out by a Russian Billionaire, Liverpool may as well play in La Liga. Arsenal is full of imports Wenger as scoured Europe for, Man U haven't produced a decent player for years and are owned by the Glazers. Aston Villa have the most academy graduates holding down regular first team places and they were dreadful last season.

Money is everything in this business these days and if you have it you will more then likley go fowards.

I hate Milan Mandaric with a passion though so can we wait for the next investor please!

In some ways I believe we are stalled because of the Board's lack of realism.

At least one player, perhaps two, should have been sold in the summer - and I said so before the season started.

That's one of the reasons I wanted Kelly appointed so quickly, so plans could be made and contingencies allowed for.

You might think I'd love us to have a team full of Bobby's Babes charging in cavalier towards the title - and one day I might - but for now we've got to sell half of the players we develop and get that ground purchased.

You talk about me being backwards, but it is clear substantial offers were made and I wouldn't have been backwards at all, I'd have taken the money and considered that one major step towards our goal had been taken.

Realistically, as far as youth development is concerned, keeping two out of four is the best we can realistically expect if we want our ground to become a tangible asset rather than a leaden liability anytime soon.

Archived