Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Milan Mandaric has targeted leicester!

Why so negative, people moan that we cannot buy like other clubs. Fans at Leicester seem to have a chip on their shoulder about lack on money and act like we have been hard done by. However half of you at least don't want the chance to be taken by the club when an investor comes knocking. Plus, on the subject of Mandaric and Portsmouth, it was he who built the foundations for the team to initially win promotion. Another factor i will press upon are the the current board running the club who at times make bewildering decisions.

Spot on, Dan. It beggars belief that anyone would fail to choose, if the chance arose, Mandaric over the shower that run the club at present. Must be masochists or something.

Fuks sake the other day there was a thread looking at the most richest people around the area wishing they would put some money into the club, now someones rumoured to be putting money into the club, fair enough there not local but moneys, money!

I know the majority of people want the take over but the people that are against it :thumbdown:

TBH i'd be happy about a take-over not because it would give Rob some money to prehaps play with but i'd be looking at money to pay debts off and just be happy there is money in the club to keep it afloat and with the safty of the club fairly secure.

i get the feeling that some poeple are hoping that another o'neill happens along , that we can reach the premier league selling players and that by using their business accumen the board will rid us of our crippling debts :blink: though i think some are massochistic and enjoy painful displays and moaning :P

He won't be pouring money in. He'll be lending it. If you can't see the difference, I can probably find you a loan shark who'll pour money in to fund your next holiday.

Surely the point would be that if he or anyone else took over we'd have put them through the appropriate vetting process, and made him sign some kind of legal document so that this isn't an issue as it has been for other clubs (assuming such a thing would stand up in court). There is the FA test to get through as well (which he must have been through with Pompey). I would hope that, if this situation arises, the people in charge would go through the proper procedures before handing the club over as we are not required to sell and apparently the people in charge are 'big Leicester fans'.

Surely the point would be that if he or anyone else took over we'd have put them through the appropriate vetting process, and made him sign some kind of legal document so that this isn't an issue as it has been for other clubs (assuming such a thing would stand up in court). There is the FA test to get through as well (which he must have been through with Pompey). I would hope that, if this situation arises, the people in charge would go through the proper procedures before handing the club over as we are not required to sell and apparently the people in charge are 'big Leicester fans'.

Or not just be circumvented in any number of ways once the company is back in the hands of an individual, of course.

Why so negative, people moan that we cannot buy like other clubs. Fans at Leicester seem to have a chip on their shoulder about lack on money and act like we have been hard done by. However half of you at least don't want the chance to be taken by the club when an investor comes knocking. Plus, on the subject of Mandaric and Portsmouth, it was he who built the foundations for the team to initially win promotion. Another factor i will press upon are the the current board running the club who at times make bewildering decisions.

I've never moaned about not being able to buy. I get sick of people thinking the answer is always to buy from somewhere else - especially if there are as good or better players already at the club.

I've nothing against genuine improvers coming in like Fryatt and Hume (and, of course, Kisnorbo who I honestly thought was shit at first so I apologise to him).

But so many of our purchases/sigings over recent seasons have been a complete waste of money and the shirt number they were given.

Develop the basic team yourself and buy only what you genuinely need is my view.

I've been at V festival all day so excuse me if i've missed most the 10 pages. I assume most of it boiled down to people arguing whether Milan Mandaric was worthy to take over Leicester etc etc.

For me it is a silly argument....tho like I say for all I know you could have all agreed with me.

Mandaric is hardly the greatest man in the world but imho he is better than what we have now. Whether he cares about leicester or not he'll be prepared to pump money into the club which no1 has done so for a bloody long time.

He might not support the club but what exactly does that mean. I support the club but have no money to lend, the guys in charge allegedly support the club but it seems have never stumped up their own cash. If he wants to pay for the clubs rehabilitation I say welcome him with open arms, he may not love the club but in time Mandaric will be sucked in by leicester's charm.

We should take what we can get, if we are attractive to Mandaric we should be wearing a short skirt and thong

Someone has probably made it all up to plant some seeds and put Leicester on the map. I doubt that the Portsmouth gadje has got an interest.

People in high places at Leicester will hope that this rumor has brought it to the attention of some potential investors, that LCFC is a viable investment.

I cannot for the life of me see the argument against money coming in.

How many people vetted NewFox PLC and the peopel involved when they took over?

The argument that we should rely on a)money from sellling existing players and b)the youth players to take us forward are plain wrong.

End of.

The argument that we should rely on a)money from sellling existing players and b)the youth players to take us forward are plain wrong.

End of.

Agreed.

It's not as if it's somebody we don't know either. not like when Abramovich went Chelsea. We have seen the great job Milan's done at Pompey and I love us to follow suit. His money not only saved Pompey but also made them a class team.

Come and save us Milan please because otherwise we'll probably end up following the likes of Forest, Wednesday and other big club and droping down the leagues.

I Also... how much of their success was down to him and how much down to Redknapp? He gave him a few quid to spend, but as we know well enough money doesn't guarantee anything. Portsmouth success was 90% redknapp and 10% Mandaric IMO.

IMO Kelly could be a far better manager than Redknapp so if Mandarins 10% consists of a big cheque then he'll do for me

Jesus! 10 pages.....

normally when the news of the world says something about a player, its "load of rubbish" and the thread dies.

NOTW have plucked this from the sky. no quote, nothing to even suggest anything about him looking to buy another club.

This is COMPLETE TOSH!

oh well exciting talk this is eh!

What you also have to remember is that he sold Pompey, so he did get a return for his investment. Surely making us a more viable and attractive proposition is better than sitting and hoping our youngsters make it. After all, our recent track record isn't that great. Discounting Piper because of his injuries so we will never know how good he really would be, the only player we've produced since Lineker who has had any success is Heskey.

And it's not like Manderic has a bottomless pit of cash to throw in anyway. It'll be no different to Jack Walker or whatsisname at Wolves' money. Is it the fact that Manderic isn't a City fan that puts people off? Funny, because it looks to me like the same people all for the Tiggers invasion that are against this. Make up yer minds.

What you also have to remember is that he sold Pompey, so he did get a return for his investment. Surely making us a more viable and attractive proposition is better than sitting and hoping our youngsters make it. After all, our recent track record isn't that great. Discounting Piper because of his injuries so we will never know how good he really would be, the only player we've produced since Lineker who has had any success is Heskey.

And it's not like Manderic has a bottomless pit of cash to throw in anyway. It'll be no different to Jack Walker or whatsisname at Wolves' money. Is it the fact that Manderic isn't a City fan that puts people off? Funny, because it looks to me like the same people all for the Tiggers invasion that are against this. Make up yer minds.

I doubt we'd have an Academy for all the faith you seem to have in them.

End of.

The administrators would have vetted the current owners.

They are the facts though, name a player aside from Heskey and Piper who have been sold on for a good profit in the last 15 years.

According to you about 7 in our current crop will make it, I'm not saying they won't it's just that it's very unlikely

The previous record you mention is an indictment on previous regimes.

And the change since Kelly arrived at the club is evidence of the progress being made by the club.

You doubt my "seven" will make it. If defining "making it" is winning a regular place in League football:

Stearman has done it.

Wesolowski would undoubtedly be a regular but for his injuries.

O'Grady has been a regular substitute already.

Sheehan has already in winning matches for the first team.

Porter has already done the same.

Dodds goalscoring record suggests he's sure to succeed.

Gradel has such rare talents that his chances are high.

Chambers is arguably the best of the lot.

Logan is probably a better goalkeeper now than any others we have.

That adds up to nine on reflection.

Even if two go down I'd have a friendly bet with you that my prediction proves correct - that seven will be regular League team footballers within two years.

Archived