Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Milan Mandaric has targeted leicester!

I bit of speculation never hurts anyone Bertfox - an entire betting industry is based on that - and as for support, people clearly have different views on what that is. C'est la vie!

Oh no, you're probably right but when the speculation begins to cause unrest it's not the best!

It's a theory which has yet to be proved or disproved. As such it's open to dispute. I don't believe most FOXES are that gullible.

And would also be massively suspicious, as we would be of ANY club owner who switches allegiances. such behaviour is worse than gloryhunting, in fact it's virtually criminal.

:huh::huh::huh: You're having a laugh. Only a top international PLAYER could boost the gate by 7000, and would be way out of our range right now, even with Bill Gates in charge!

1) Yeah it's open to dispute but it doesn't mean I need evidence to back it up, as was demanded of me.

2) It's a financial thing. We need money. He's got money. I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one because to me, if he comes in and does something about the finances, I don't care about whether he was at Pompey in the past. We have no money and no prospect of any money with the current board in charge. Reading Andrew Taylor's interviews has not exactly filled me with hope regarding the near future in financial terms.

3) Sorry, reading back I didn't mean to put first game. In my original post I said it would boost attendances if he came in and threw a couple of million quid at new players. I stand by that and I think 26,000 is a realistic figure. Again we'll have to agree to disagree and we might find out the reality in the near future but we probably won't!

1) Yeah it's open to dispute but it doesn't mean I need evidence to back it up, as was demanded of me.

2) It's a financial thing. We need money. He's got money. I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one because to me, if he comes in and does something about the finances, I don't care about whether he was at Pompey in the past. We have no money and no prospect of any money with the current board in charge. Reading Andrew Taylor's interviews has not exactly filled me with hope regarding the near future in financial terms.

3) Sorry, reading back I didn't mean to put first game. In my original post I said it would boost attendances if he came in and threw a couple of million quid at new players. I stand by that and I think 26,000 is a realistic figure. Again we'll have to agree to disagree and we might find out the reality in the near future but we probably won't!

If this happens, i'd be happy about the extra fans but the question must be asked, where are these 7-8000 fans now?

Firstly, football sold its soul years ago.

Secondly, we need to be in the Premiership now. Not in three years time.

Thirdly, whilst the current board may have saved the club, does this mean that we should be indebted forever? Does this mean that we must stick with them regardless? I bloody well hope not.

Fourthly, putting values on players who have so little first team experience beggars belief.

Fifthly, I was told that rumours linking a number of our players to other clubs for fees were unsubstantiated and untrue. We had received a bid for one player (before Maybury), and from the list of names given as having no interest, it was clear to see who that player was.

If this happens, i'd be happy about the extra fans but the question must be asked, where are these 7,8000 fans now??

Waiting for something to happen that will give them the excitement to go and watch the team again. I'm afraid the signing of Johnson, Low et al just didn't quite whet the appetite.

Mandaric has been bought out for over £30 mil in which he intends to buy a championship club. If it is Leicester all debts will be wiped out and City will actually be able to boast a transfer kitty. Unless Peter Taylor rejoins transfer money is brilliant for us. Investors only make money if the team is good on the pitch. Mandaric made money out of Pompey because they reached the prem and stayed there, I would'nt be complaining if the same happened to us.

But you'd soon complain if it didn't work and you had to read the accounts.

If Mandaric pays off £Xmillions you can rest assured the club will owe that money, plus interest, to him. Why would anyone hand over an unsecured £10m or more?

Yes, the terms might be better but speculators don't get rich throwing money away.

If things go swampy then Mandaric will be the only one tiptoeing to safety on a duckboard with City's assets most likely being rapidly sold off to facilitate his repayment in the event of no promotion over a relatively short period of time.

And when he looks back we'll quite likely have disappeared beneath the financial quagmire but he'll still be breathing fresh air.

As someone else said. Speculators get lucky sometimes but they rarely, if ever, get lucky all the time.

Firstly, football sold its soul years ago.

Secondly, we need to be in the Premiership now. Not in three years time.

Thirdly, whilst the current board may have saved the club, does this mean that we should be indebted forever? Does this mean that we must stick with them regardless? I bloody well hope not.

Fourthly, putting values on players who have so little first team experience beggars belief.

Fifthly, I was told that rumours linking a number of our players to other clubs for fees were unsubstantiated and untrue. We had received a bid for one player (before Maybury), and from the list of names given as having no interest, it was clear to see who that player was.

a) Because others sell their soul doesn't mean we should.

b) Money won't guarantee a Premiership place and so long as we don't go broke we're better off getting promoted "naturally" in three years time than risking our solvency with a speculator.

c) If someone saved my life I'd be grateful for a bloody sight longer than you seem to be.

d) I'll stand by my valuations and if I'm wrong I'll live with it. Have you seen all the players enough to hazard an opinion?

e) We've already mentioned a bid for one player. And seeing you're lips are sealed about the details there's not much point discussing it I presume.

a) Because others sell their soul doesn't mean we should.

b) Money won't guarantee a Premiership place and so long as we don't go broke we're better off getting promoted "naturally" in three years time than risking our solvency with a speculator.

c) If someone saved my life I'd be grateful for a bloody sight longer than you seem to be.

d) I'll stand by my valuations and if I'm wrong I'll live with it. Have you seen all the players enough to hazard an opinion?

e) We've already mentioned a bid for one player. And seeing you're lips are sealed about the details there's not much point discussing it I presume.

I think it's all about moving on. Some seem more able to do so. I don't think we are actually moving forwards as a club, if you want my honest opinion, and perhaps we do need a change up top. Whether Manderic is the right man is debatable, but I am not cutting my nose off and discounting it for the sake of principles that are at best romantic and at worst staid.

As for your valuations, I've seen enough. I would rather wait and see them at a higher level before slapping million pound price tags on them.

Interesting that this is the largest thread (baring match threads) in days and its all over a totally uncorobarated rumor... personally I'd love this story to be true, see what the guy would offer and judge it from there, but do that when an offer is made and personally i dont expect anyone to have the balls to take a chance on City... love to be proved wrong, coz we're in the "shitter" and have been for three years since the team fell apart at the end of the 2003/04 season.

To be fair City is one of the better Championship prospects for a "big" investor, clubs like Wolves, Derby, WestBrom and Brum are all concentrated in the west midlands and ajut each other's fan bases in a big way, we have a huge potential fan base across the east midlands (esspeically with Forrest still stuck in Division One), deal with the depts and city, with the Walkers as its base, becomes a solid prospect... it'd take balls of steel to see it through though... just hope somone out there can see it, a sucessful, well run city could make a mint!

Who'd have thought investment in the team could prove so contraversial? :mellow::thumbup:

Its strange really, I cannot see the problem with somebody pouring millions into a club that has been skint for years now. Plus Mandaric has a good record in England with his only investment, Pompey, looking like they are about to establish themselves a premiership side for good.

Who'd have thought investment in the team could prove so contraversial? :mellow::thumbup:

In a way its heartening that some city supporters are still so picky... personally I'll take any reputatble investment, and to be fair the way the games going all the big or even medium sized clubs are going to be supported by wealthy investors (often with little in common with the clubs they invest in).

But I'll say it again... Leicester City (or indeed Forrest, if they get their act together) can be very attractive prospects for investors the potential fan base dwarfs anything that the clubs in the west midlands, north west or even London could boast the entire of the east midlands only has the two main clubs City and Forrest... the likes of Wolves, Brum, WestBrom, Derby, Stoke Villa and even Coventry all compete for support in the same region... city can be a great club again it just needs somone with a bit of vision, there's a massive market for a sucessful east midlands club.

I'm against. There's nothing wrong with what's happening to LCFC now. the reality of football isn't what's happening with the chelski's, Portsmouth's and hearts' of the world. I kind of enjoy the struggle at the moment. Can't explain why.

Turning up to a game and turning some one over on a shoe string is magical. I'd hate to be at a club where all of a sudden you have these foreign players who don't care a jot about the club and the fans turn up expecting 3 points.

The day you turn up to a game and you can't watch a player with all the pace in the world, but no football brain (Elvis) and a great football brain and no pace (skills) will be a sorry day for Leicester.

http://www.pompeygirls.co.uk/blogs/pompey_...r_takeover.aspx

After selling his stake in Portsmouth to Sasha Gaydamak, rumours have been doing the round that Milan Mandaric was looking for another English club to invest in, so far Wolves has been mentioned as a destination for his cash but today the News of the World come up with another.

The paper is reporting that Milan has his eye on investing in Leicester. They are saying that Milan has made it clear that he wants to invest in a Championship club already equipped to go up to the Premiership and stay there.

Since there are no quotes or anything else to backup the rumour, this could be the usual making a story out of nothing the News of the World is well known for.

However if true Milan is a hero to Pompey fans and when the original rumours of Milan putting his cash elsewhere came up we were all thinking anywhere but Southampton but with Leicester also being a team Pompey fans love to hate would such a move tarnish the feelings we have for our now former chairman?

I'm up for taking his cash.

And why are we team Pompey "love to hate"?

I'm against. There's nothing wrong with what's happening to LCFC now. the reality of football isn't what's happening with the chelski's, Portsmouth's and hearts' of the world. I kind of enjoy the struggle at the moment. Can't explain why.

Turning up to a game and turning some one over on a shoe string is magical. I'd hate to be at a club where all of a sudden you have these foreign players who don't care a jot about the club and the fans turn up expecting 3 points.

The day you turn up to a game and you can't watch a player with all the pace in the world, but no football brain (Elvis) and a great football brain and no pace (skills) will be a sorry day for Leicester.

Very sentimental but I would rather see us playing premiership football than championship football. Plus if we were to be taken over I don't think we are going to be dominators like Chelsea!

Very sentimental but I would rather see us playing premiership football than championship football. Plus if we were to be taken over I don't think we are going to be dominators like Chelsea!

I would prefer to see us in the premiership on our own merit, not with money being thrown at us. We've already got slated off other fans after the administration fiasco, don't think I could stand getting another free lunch.

I've acclimatised to championship football now and expecting many joyful seasons ahead playing at turfmoor etc.

Lets focus on the YTS, If someone wants to come and invest solely in that with no hidden agenda then do it.

Fuks sake the other day there was a thread looking at the most richest people around the area wishing they would put some money into the club, now someones rumoured to be putting money into the club, fair enough there not local but moneys, money!

I know the majority of people want the take over but the people that are against it :thumbdown:

TBH i'd be happy about a take-over not because it would give Rob some money to prehaps play with but i'd be looking at money to pay debts off and just be happy there is money in the club to keep it afloat and with the safty of the club fairly secure.

Its strange really, I cannot see the problem with somebody pouring millions into a club that has been skint for years now. Plus Mandaric has a good record in England with his only investment, Pompey, looking like they are about to establish themselves a premiership side for good.

He won't be pouring money in. He'll be lending it. If you can't see the difference, I can probably find you a loan shark who'll pour money in to fund your next holiday.

And Pompey's money doesn't come from him. He managed to bring someone in when it finally looked like it was all going tits up (rather than just probably, as in the previous season). And one game doesn't convince me that they are going to establish themselves.

TBH i'd be happy about a take-over not because it would give Rob some money to prehaps play with but i'd be looking at money to pay debts off and just be happy there is money in the club to keep it afloat and with the safty of the club fairly secure.

Ditto... we just need the security to clear the debts and then we'll be ok, some more cash to support the team itself and to provide the resources for the club we really need and we'll have a level playing field (no pun intended), we dont need bucket loads of cash, and to be fair we'd never get to that stage, but some decent resources and an end to this sodding debt and we'd clean up this sodding division and get back up.

At the moment though, without the kind of cash a big investment might bring, i just dont see how the future is anything more than a long, hard and uncertian slog against better resourced, stronger teams than we can ever hope to field :(

He won't be pouring money in. He'll be lending it. If you can't see the difference, I can probably find you a loan shark who'll pour money in to fund your next holiday.

And Pompey's money doesn't come from him. He managed to bring someone in when it finally looked like it was all going tits up (rather than just probably, as in the previous season). And one game doesn't convince me that they are going to establish themselves.

Why so negative, people moan that we cannot buy like other clubs. Fans at Leicester seem to have a chip on their shoulder about lack on money and act like we have been hard done by. However half of you at least don't want the chance to be taken by the club when an investor comes knocking. Plus, on the subject of Mandaric and Portsmouth, it was he who built the foundations for the team to initially win promotion. Another factor i will press upon are the the current board running the club who at times make bewildering decisions.

Archived