Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Milan Mandaric has targeted leicester!

Anyone got the News of the World today

From another forum (so Steven should be able to vouch for it)

Former Portsmouth owner Milan Mandaric has targeted leicester as a club he wants to buy.

Mandaric last month sold his remaining shares in pompey to owner Alexandre Gaydamak for £32 million.

Although he stayed at the club as non-executive chairman he is ready to branch out on his own again.

Mandaric made it clear he wants a championship club already equipped to go to the premiership--and stay there.......

Whether true or not do you see this as good news or bad?

good news as his reported interest my make someone else make a bid, like what happened at villa, plus it would mean 1 of 2 things, either kelly gets given more transfer funds or we buy the ground back. that is of course if its true

From another forum (Talking Balls - so Steven should be able to vouch for it)

well i've heard he is good freinds with the birch (i think milan was an owner of a club birch played for in the US) if he is offering some transfer money i would be all for it, he did well with portsmouth

mandaric did well for pompey and didnt do them any harm so i cant see the reason why not.

i think if forest were still in this division or derby hadnt been brought out by a consortium then we would not be so attractive an investment at present.

whats the betting though that if this is true the board make a hash of it and he goes elsewhere :whistle:

I think he would run a mile when he saw the weight of the stadium debt hanging around our neck!!!!

Has he learnt not to tinker with things when they are going well? What he did at Portsmouth by upsetting Harry and bringing in foreign directors of football was unforgivable.

Also... how much of their success was down to him and how much down to Redknapp? He gave him a few quid to spend, but as we know well enough money doesn't guarantee anything. Portsmouth success was 90% redknapp and 10% Mandaric IMO.

mandaric did well for pompey and didnt do them any harm so i cant see the reason why not.

i think if forest were still in this division or derby hadnt been brought out by a consortium then we would not be so attractive an investment at present.

whats the betting though that if this is true the board make a hash of it and he goes elsewhere :whistle:

:yesyes: blummin tvvats, then he'll go and buy cov, or someone, and be really successful! :rolleyes:

I think he would run a mile when he saw the weight of the stadium debt hanging around our neck!!!!

Has he learnt not to tinker with things when they are going well? What he did at Portsmouth by upsetting Harry and bringing in foreign directors of football was unforgivable.

Also... how much of their success was down to him and how much down to Redknapp? He gave him a few quid to spend, but as we know well enough money doesn't guarantee anything. Portsmouth success was 90% redknapp and 10% Mandaric IMO.

Indeed, it would slightly worry me that we'd have someone who doesn't support Leicester falling out with every manager we have.

well i've heard he is good freinds with the birch (i think milan was an owner of a club birch played for in the US) if he is offering some transfer money i would be all for it, he did well with portsmouth

i hope you're being sarccy, 'cause the Birch hates the man with a passion and Manderic once kicked him out of his club.

Birch always goes on about how Milan doesn't really like footy, just has it as his plaything... so if he did come, either way I think the Birch would leave... whether that's a good or a bad thing you decide!!!

From another forum (Talking Balls - so Steven should be able to vouch for it)

It is all at the rumour stage. :whistle::huh::unsure:;):thumbup:

Would be brilliant, but it's probably all made up unfortunately :(

please god let this be true

You do realise he sacked Harry Redknapp, put in some shite foreign bloke, who he could control, only to go crawling back to Harry when he turned out to be shite....

Just playing devil's advocate... :whistle:

You do realise he sacked Harry Redknapp, put in some shite foreign bloke, who he could control, only to go crawling back to Harry when he turned out to be shite....

I can't see it happening, he's no fan of LCFC, and as an investment City would be a bad one, there are other clubs that are more investable!!

But, if true I would welcome it, at the moment I can't see us getting promoted without investment.

He has made a few mistakes at pompey, he's a businessman, so his first priority is the club and there welfare!!!

Exactly, so hopefully he has learnt his lesson and wont mess around like that with the manager situation again!

I'm all for it. We need a bit of cash for some transfers. We just need two or three decent buys (including a quality keeper!!!) and we would be a very strong team in this division. Right now we just lack an edge that you need in the Championship.

we are desperate for some further investement in the club and Milan certainly invests in a club I wouldn't think we are in a position to turn it down however it is from the News of the World which says it all to be honest!! probably just run out of space and needed to fill the page with something

I'm all for it.....

Let him buy it, invest money, fcuk it up if he wants but at least we may have a chance of getting out of the division....

Just remember we will be in this division (or lower) forever unless something like milan mandaric happens to the club....

That way people may realise that relying on a manager and his free transfers is just prolonging the inevitable.

The club needs it's assets in players, once that happens and the premiership dawns again, then they can start worrying about trying to buy back the stadium....

Who cares that they rent it?.

And remember once in the premiership the club looks a whole lot more attractive to players aswell....

I think he will have learned from that mistake, imo i cant see the rumours being true, but i would like to think that maybe it might prompt the likes of david wilson (a genuine fan) or someone similar to think i dont want a muppet like that at my club, *ok i'll wake up now!*

Just remember we will be in this division (or lower) forever unless something like milan mandaric happens to the club.

And how many times in the past have we thought that and still managed to get out. It's all swings and roundabouts. Our time will come again.

I don't care if he's not a fan.

The position of the club at the minute is not good in both footballing and economic terms. Anyone coming in surely cannot make matters worse can they?

It's not as though they can sell off the ground and leave us in the shit - We're already there.

Whilst I know of a few takeovers that ended up with the clubs in a worse state (David Lloyd at Hull City, Some bloke at Wrexham, Lionel Silver at Derby) all of these clubs have come out of the other side under new ownership.

Whilst we are never going to attract the same money as Chelsea, was Abromovich a fan? Was Bates a Leeds fan? Was Pearson a Hull fan?

No, they were and remain business people.

Undoubtedly, any takeover will bring about some hurt and bloodshed amongst the fans and staff (how many people have been priced out of watching Chelsea and Leeds?) but if ultimately it makes us a more succesful club on the field, isn't that what we all want?

I would very much like this to happen.

I know he fell out with Harry by appointing a foreign Director of Football and it all went tits up, however he's not stupid so he would of learnt from that mistake. The rest of the time Harry and Milan had a great relationship.

Whenever I've seen him interviewed he has spoke a lot of sense and came across as intelligent and genuine. I realise a lot of Pompeys success came from Redknapp but he couldn't of done it without Mandariac.

At least Mandariac knows the English game and has succesfully (bar the incident I mentioned before) ran a Premiership football club.

If were managing well on our own and had a current board I 100% trusted then I would not want this to happen, but the fact is our squad desperat;ry needs investment and a lot of fans don't trust a word the board say.

Someone like him is very much needed, to buy those extra players needed and to help keep those we have. With present Board if we don't go up expect quite a few of our young ones to be gone at season end. Our club will never be the same.

I think this would be good, providing he's learnt from his mistakes, if he did buy us I don't think we could go up this season.

PS. Doesn't the club have a system where one person cannot own more than a certain percentage of a club??

Archived