Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Milan Mandaric has targeted leicester!

Example = Portsmouth

Example = Reading

We will get nowhere without money, Mandaric taking over would be a great thing for the club, and would certainly get us promoted much quicker than if he doesn't take over. We'd have money, players would be attracted to us, we'd have financial stability. If we want to become a Burnley, or a Stoke, then we can stay how we are, but the only way we're going to fast-track ourselves into the top flight again is if someone like Mandaric comes in and profides the funds needed to buy quality players. I'm sure some of the beloved youngsters will get a chance too, but to compete with the relegated clubs, and even Coventry or Derby now that they have some cash, we are going to need money, that's all there is to it. I'm sure most of you would swap our position for Portsmouth's right about now.

The idea that we need a sugar daddy to rescue us from our current plight is as ludicrous as it is abhorrent.

Watford managed OK last season without one, and they have a far smaller fan base than we do.

Mandaric has taken far more out of Portsmouth than he's put in. OK, so they're in the Premiership now, but Redknapp's already walked out on them once, and if he did it again, they're fcuked.

There aren't any quick fixes out there - at least not footballing ones. If it takes three more years to build a Premiership-strength squad, so be it. That's the only sustainable way of rebuilding our club.

Oh I am sorry I forgot that makes them immune from valid criticism 3 years down the line.

What have they done since? They have taken us to the worst 3 year period in recent times and have attracted little or no outside investment because they don't have the gumption to do so.

Still lets keep on this course and we'll be okay, eh :thumbup:

They were naive enough to trust two managers who proved not to be up to the jobs they were asked to do.

But previous boards did likewise, and with far more disastrous consequences!

If you really think that our salvation lies in paying £40 a time to watch some third-rate Eastern Europeans or Africans, acquired in dubious circumstances, then you're VERY much mistaken!

The idea that we need a sugar daddy to rescue us from our current plight is as ludicrous as it is abhorrent.

Watford managed OK last season without one, and they have a far smaller fan base than we do.

Mandaric has taken far more out of Portsmouth than he's put in. OK, so they're in the Premiership now, but Redknapp's already walked out on them once, and if he did it again, they're fcuked.

There aren't any quick fixes out there - at least not footballing ones. If it takes three more years to build a Premiership-strength squad, so be it. That's the only sustainable way of rebuilding our club.

Do you live in that LCFC Utopia with Thracian, or are you the same person, just forgetting to change log ins?

Watford are not saddled with a 30 million debt so they are in a much better state than us regardless of their fan base.

The Club can not afford to be out the Premiership, so if someone can come along help reduce the debt and get us to where the money is making the Club financially viable again, I fail to see where the issue is.

Do you live in that LCFC Utopia with Thracian, or are you the same person, just forgetting to change log ins?

If you read any other posts than your own (and replies to them) you'd know the disagreements Thracian and I have had on all kinds of topics. This is probably the first time he and I have been in agreement on anything. So the suggestion that he and I might be the same person is highly amusing! :D:D:D

Watford are not saddled with a 30 million debt so they are in a much better state than us regardless of their fan base. ?

Man Utd and Arsenal owe over a BILLION in debt between them and yet they're in a far better position than we are, so that's not really a reliable yardstick, is it?

The Club can not afford to be out the Premiership, so if someone can come along help reduce the debt and get us to where the money is making the Club financially viable again, I fail to see where the issue is.

Have you ever heard of Robert Maxwell? Or Bill Archer? Or Rupert Lowe?

All three were "investors" who ended up running their clubs into the ground. We have been through much to let the same thing happen to us.

leicester were run into the ground by investors with no money :blink:

the simple choice remains , if we have the chance would we rather have amateurish investors with no money who rescued our club but have struggled ever since because of poor decision making or a rich investor who has invested in other clubs and for my knowledge has not sent any of them down and has left pompey in a far , far better position than he found them?

Why does he need connections?

That was my point.

Did he have any connections that led him to take over Pompey?

Because the Wolves rumour was based on the fact he had a good friend at Wolves.

Does he have friends in high places here? (Don't think the Birch counts) :P

My point was the rumour could have substance in it because it's not a rumour based on the fact he has friends in high places here as he did at Wolves.

I'm sure you get my meaning. ^_^

Man Utd and Arsenal owe over a BILLION in debt between them and yet they're in a far better position than we are, so that's not really a reliable yardstick, is it?

All three were "investors" who ended up running their clubs into the ground. We have been through much to let the same thing happen to us.

Man Utd and Arsenal can guarentee pretty much full stadiums week in week out, we can't

Man Utd and Arsenal can pretty much guarentee their premiership status and the cash that goes with it.

So Man Utd and Arsenal are unlikely to do a Leeds.

I'd like the club to be owned by local fans who love the club, but I also want the club to be around for the next 100 years. We need to buy our stadium and quickly. Football is big business these days and that is just the way it is. We are not in a particularly great state as it is, sso i don't see how MM can make it much worse.

People have already offered a "substantial" sum for at least one of our young players unless our Chief Executive is a liar, which wouldn't make a lot of sense.

At this moment we have four young saleable assets:

Kisnorbo (£2m plus extras), Fryatt (£2m plus extras), Stearman (£1m plus extras) and McCarthy (£1.25m). Total £6.25m +. A substantial portion of monies owed for the ground. In any two were sold, other than two centre-backs together, they are just about replaceable. That doesn't count any older players, like Hume.

In 12 months we might have the following saleable young assets:

Logan (£750,000 plus extras), Wesolowski (£1.5m plus extras), Porter (£1.5m plus extras), O'Grady £750,000 plus extras), Dodds (£1.5m plus extras), Sheehan (£500,000 plus extras, if he gets in). Total £6.5m.

In 24 months (saleable young assets):

Gradel (£1.5m plus extras), Chambers (£2.5m plus extras), plus andy King and Eric Odihiambo depending on their progress. Total £4m plus.

These are skillful players with a potentially long future. Sheehan and Stearman, for instance have already appeared successfully in first team shirts and I would rate them right now as perhaps the LEAST promising of all those mentioned.

So while there will be greater and lesser degrees of success, I believe those figures to be what I'd be expecting.

You will doubtless disagree because you don't seem to rate any of them much but people like Fryatt and Hume have already cost fairly sizeable sums. Both, I believe, have increased their value and I believe my assessments stand comparison with the notional values of those two.

Take Gradel for instance. How many goalscoring wingers exist in this country?. They are a rare breed. Gradel gets in the box more than a magician's saw-the-body assistant. And when he does he often finishes.

With Porter you have three priceless qualities. Accurate passing, ability to see and weight a crucial pass and an excellent engine that he's willing to use.

With all the player values mentioned totalling £17m or so over two years, even selling half would net £8.5m. How much do we owe on the ground?

I love the idea of gaining promotion and campaigned to develop an attacking team to that end 12 months ago - but we're only just starting, and already we're six points off the pace this season because of the defensive nonsense we started with. It was a self imposed handicap in my view and totally unnecessary.

Furthermore the team still has unnecessary and well recognised weaknesses which will cost us further ground until they are rectified (goalkeeper, left-back, creative midfield, dominant aerial striker) so the notion of buying the ground before gaining promotion is perhaps more achieveable in the short term.

But I don't mind being wrong on that. Indeed I believe a top six place is still possible, though hardly likely because it would take some radical moves that I can't see being made quickly enough for this season. But we'll see.

I doubt we could "buy" what we still need for a promotion team this season anyway with the transfer window closing shortly. However, I well take Manwell's point, which is why I mentioned Martin George. But then, and not for any particular reason, I'm not sure Mr George would want to be deeply into the current set up.

Man Utd and Arsenal can guarentee pretty much full stadiums week in week out, we can't

Man Utd and Arsenal can pretty much guarentee their premiership status and the cash that goes with it.

So Man Utd and Arsenal are unlikely to do a Leeds.

I'd like the club to be owned by local fans who love the club, but I also want the club to be around for the next 100 years. We need to buy our stadium and quickly. Football is big business these days and that is just the way it is. We are not in a particularly great state as it is, sso i don't see how MM can make it much worse.

if the club is by local fans we will never get out of this league because they dont have the money to put nito the club so for transfer money we have to sell tickets. but if we had just 1 owner with alot of money he could put money nito the club for transfers and other stuff

If you read any other posts than your own (and replies to them) you'd know the disagreements Thracian and I have had on all kinds of topics. This is probably the first time he and I have been in agreement on anything. So the suggestion that he and I might be the same person is highly amusing! :D:D:D

Our Club is already in the ground with no prospect of going anywhere but deeper down.

<_<

People have already offered a "substantial" sum for at least one of our young players unless our Chief Executive is a liar, which wouldn't make a lot of sense.

Kisnorbo (£2m plus extras), Fryatt (£2m plus extras), Stearman (£1m plus extras) and McCarthy (£1.25m). Total £6.25m +. A substantial portion of monies owed for the ground. In any two were sold, other than two centre-backs together, they are just about replaceable. That doesn't count any older players, like Hume.

Logan (£750,000 plus extras), Wesolowski (£1.5m plus extras), Porter (£1.5m plus extras), O'Grady £750,000 plus extras), Dodds (£1.5m plus extras), Sheehan (£500,000 plus extras, if he gets in). Total £6.5m.

Gradel (£1.5m plus extras), Chambers (£2.5m plus extras), plus andy King and Eric Odihiambo depending on their progress. Total £4m plus.

These are skillful players with a potentially long future. Sheehan and Stearman, for instance have already appeared successfully in first team shirts and I would rate them right now as perhaps the LEAST promising of all those mentioned.

So while there will be greater and lesser degrees of success, I believe those figures to be what I'd be expecting.

You will doubtless disagree because you don't seem to rate any of them much but people like Fryatt and Hume have already cost fairly sizeable sums. Both, I believe, have increased their value and I believe my assessments stand comparison with the notional values of those two.

Take Gradel for instance. How many goalscoring wingers exist in this country?. They are a rare breed. Gradel gets in the box more than a magician's saw-the-body assistant. And when he does he often finishes.

With Porter you have three priceless qualities. Accurate passing, ability to see and weight a crucial pass and an excellent engine that he's willing to use.

With all the player values mentioned totalling £17m or so over two years, even selling half would net £8.5m. How much do we owe on the ground?

I love the idea of gaining promotion and campaigned to develop an attacking team to that end 12 months ago - but we're only just starting, and already we're six points off the pace this season because of the defensive nonsense we started with. It was a self imposed handicap in my view and totally unnecessary.

Furthermore the team still has unnecessary and well recognised weaknesses which will cost us further ground until they are rectified (goalkeeper, left-back, creative midfield, dominant aerial striker) so the notion of buying the ground before gaining promotion is perhaps more achieveable in the short term.

But I don't mind being wrong on that. Indeed I believe a top six place is still possible, though hardly likely because it would take some radical moves that I can't see being made quickly enough for this season. But we'll see.

I doubt we could "buy" what we still need for a promotion team this season anyway with the transfer window closing shortly. However, I well take Manwell's point, which is why I mentioned Martin George. But then, and not for any particular reason, I'm not sure Mr George would want to be deeply into the current set up.

What world do you live in?

Where the hell do you get these figures from, with each passing statement your credibility diminishes further.

Whether or not this rumour turns out to be true the reality is that we need investment urgently.

Like it or lump it modern 21st century football requires serious amounts of money to bring lasting success which for us would mean sustained premiership survival and some good cup runs.

so-called "local" clubs are fine in essence but largely languish in the lower leagues.

As things stand can the present incumbants come up with sufficient funds to turn the club around. if not then an outside investor is the only option or we shall remain at best a mid table championship side with perhaps the odd lucky foray into the play offs.

we have a huge debt (and despite thracians thoughts) very few saleable assets certainly none worth anything like the £4 million coventry have just received.

And before anyone spouts on about Watford yes they did well last season but how long will they survive in the premiership and I seem to remember their best days were when they were backed by a certain Elton John.

And to those who say we have managed ok for the last 100 years then it is time to take a reality check. the most successful sides all over europe are cash rich or backed by wealth consortiums/individuals. the only exception is barcelona who have literally thousands of paying members. things have changed.

What world do you live in?

Where the hell do you get these figures from, with each passing statement your credibility diminishes further.

just what I was thinking crazy...totally crazy!!!

just to rubbish the rumours though even more in the same column they write that Preston hope to complete the signing of Ipswich forward STEVE Parkin this week, which is funny as his name is SAM Parkin!!! proves that most of the stuff they write is rubbish!!

this guy has a point your all claiming that the current owners are doing nothing, but when u look at this as a matter of fact, there playing on the future they are building, we have a lot of potential omoney within our team and the fact that most it is in young players then that gives u s a positive future. MM investing would help but will in my eyes ruin 100 years of hard work, without this sorta of thing

leicester were run into the ground by investors with no money :blink:

the simple choice remains , if we have the chance would we rather have amateurish investors with no money who rescued our club but have struggled ever since because of poor decision making or a rich investor who has invested in other clubs and for my knowledge has not sent any of them down and has left pompey in a far , far better position than he found them?

About as simple as falling for a 419 scam. Pompey are in a better position than when he took them over, that's true. But

1) It's clear Mandaric is in it for the money

2) Pompey have only just survived in the Premiership - one of the biggest flukes of recent years - and they must be mightily relieved they're not back down with us (or with Sunderland). They're scarcely an established premiership side.

3) One other reason Pompey stayed up was Mandaric selling out to someone else who did put more money in.

So, to greet Mandaric with open arms, we've got to believe:

1) He's going to be as lucky as he was with Portsmouth

2) If success doesn't come, and he pulls out, he won't want all his loans back

3) If some success did come, the dodgy Eurotrash that he sells the club to won't be a total shark.

We've got more to lose than gain here, I feel.

About as simple as falling for a 419 scam. Pompey are in a better position than when he took them over, that's true. But

2) Pompey have only just survived in the Premiership - one of the biggest flukes of recent years - and they must be mightily relieved they're not back down with us (or with Sunderland). They're scarcely an established premiership side.

3) One other reason Pompey stayed up was Mandaric selling out to someone else who did put more money in.

3) If some success did come, the dodgy Eurotrash that he sells the club to won't be a total shark.

Absolutely.

Also remember what a slum Fratton Park is. Mandaric made many promises to build them a new stadium but never delivered.

How could fans of ANY other club ever trust him after that?

Most of this would surely be sorted out before he was allowed to take control of the club, with assurances and possibly even contracts signed to that effect? If we are careful I see nothing against it... although this is mostly theoretical at the moment.

just what I was thinking crazy...totally crazy!!!

just to rubbish the rumours though even more in the same column they write that Preston hope to complete the signing of Ipswich forward STEVE Parkin this week, which is funny as his name is SAM Parkin!!! proves that most of the stuff they write is rubbish!!

The NotW also said Ashley Cole was joining Newcastle, apparently on the basis he's just married a geordie!

The facts that Newcastle couldn't afford him, and are in any case looking to spend what money they do have on a striker, were somehow considered irrelevant.

Don't believe a word of what you read in that rag.

Most of this would surely be sorted out before he was allowed to take control of the club, with assurances and possibly even contracts signed to that effect? If we are careful I see nothing against it... although this is mostly theoretical at the moment.

Entirely so, I'd have thought.

So in two years time you think that 8 players who probably haven't played 20 games between them will be worth 10.5million plus extras!!!!!!!!

I understand about not wanting Mandaric... but WTF!!!!!

Archived