Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Let's have a films thread.

Everyone likes films, right?

I just watched the Dark (in the dark, too. The ****s I was watching it with ditched me halfway through and left me alone in the dark watching the Dark) and I have to say it's genuinely scary! SPOILERS though, I have to say the ending was entirely unescersarily sinister / harsh. Yes, yes we get the point, one of the living for one of the dead, we're meant to think that the creepy girl counts but she doesn't and so Bello dies for her daughter. Fair play, beautiful, touching, sad, mournful ending - but with hints of a new begining.

Then they go and do that? Why? For what purpose? Just to break convention, for the sakes of it? Oh let's add on another fifteen minutes in which we'll trash Bello's character to pieces even more? Pft. Fock off.

Also, Dai's "Welsh" accent pissed me off - as did that God-awful line:

Bello: "Do you speak Welsh?"

Old woman: "Only to annoy the English". fock OFF. Twats. Blatantly written by a pom.

Edited by SosbanFach
  • Like 1

I've just watched, well last night I did March of the Penguins

D23178.jpg

Presented and narrated by Morgan Freeman, this magnificent documentary broke cinema box office records around the world. It transports us to the wilderness of the Antarctic and allows us to join the Emperor Penguins as they set out on their annual walk - in single file - to their traditional breeding grounds. From there, we see the magical cycle of life run its course. Both moving and funny, March of the Penguins is a documentary for all the family to treasure.

These must endure the most boring and pointless existense of any crerature on earth. A bird that can't fly, can swim but can't stay underwater for no more than 15 minutes and lives in the South Pole, one of the coldest places on earh.

As an example the male has to stand over an egg for FOUR MONTHS without food, with no daylight as it's night time for 24 hours, all huddled together to keep warm in blizzards with temperatures at -80. If the egg is exposed for more than a few seconds it's dead.

The male and female take it in turns to walk 70 miles every 2/3 months to fill up on food.

All fascinating stuff.

Oh well at least they don't have to pay rip off prices to sit there in the cold ;)

Click

Adam Sandler plays Michael Newman,a workaholic architect working hard to keep his wife (Kate Beckinsale) and kids happy. One night, Michael is on the road in search of an open store that may sell him a universal remote control to make his life easier. At the Bed, Bath, & Beyond store, Michael meets Morty (Christopher Walken), the inventor of a very advanced piece of technology, a remote control that not only controls his TV, but controls his whole LIFE!!! Now that he's using the remote on a regular basis, his work-life and family-life are finally in balance, he's trying harder than he ever imagined to spend more time with his family. Now, frustrated that his stuck up boss (David Hasselhoff) hasn't made him partner at his construction firm yet, he uses the remote to fast-forward through his life until his promotion. What he doesn't realize is that he has skipped through a whole year. The remote is now powered by its memory, and starts to fast-forward through crucial moments in his life, including arguments, foreplay, traffic, and, worst of all, promotions at his job. One year turns into ten years and than another six years. It all comes down to the final half hour of this outstanding milestone film for Adam Sandler. You'll laugh, you'll cry, and you'll love "Click".

I was'nt expecting much from this film, But i really enjoyed it 7/10

================================================

Grandma's Boy

By day, 35-year-old Alex (Covert) is the world's oldest video game tester, but by night. By night, he is privately developing the next big game for the X-Box generation. When one of his roommates(Loughran) spends all the rent money on Filipino hookers, Alex is kicked out of his apartment, and finds himself forced to live with his grandmother (Roberts) and her friends Grace (Jones) and Bea (Knight).

I enjoyed this as its in the same vein as Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle, loads of weed smoking stoners and funny as hell, 7/10.

=================================================

Edited by Leicfox

I watched Meet the Parents again last night some quality lines...

Greg Focker: You can milk just about anything with nipples.

Jack Byrnes: I have nipples, Greg, could you milk me?

Jack Byrnes: "My Mother", by Jack Byrnes. You gave me life, / You gave me milk, / You gave me courage. / Your name was Angela, / An angel from Heaven, / But you were also an angel of God, / And he needed you, too. / I selfishly tried to hold on to you, / While the cancer ate away at your organs, / Like an unstoppable rebel force, / And now we'll meet in Heaven, / And I shall see you / Nevermore, nevermore, nevermore.

Pam Byrnes: Dad, that's beautiful.

Greg Focker: That's amazing, so much love, and also so much information.

Jack Byrnes: I mean, can you really trust another human being, Greg?

Greg Focker: Yeah, I think so.

Jack Byrnes: No. The answer is you can not.

Jack Byrnes: I'm just curious, did you pick the color of the car?

Greg Focker: Uh no, the guy at the window did, why?

Jack Byrnes: Well they say geniuses pick green.

Greg Focker: Oh.

Jack Byrnes: But you didn't pick it.

Greg Focker: Hey Jack, why don't you tell 'em about your little phone call in Thai.

Dina Byrnes: Jack can't talk Thai.

Greg Focker: Oh no, Dina, Jack can talk Thai. Jack talked Thai real well.

Jack Byrnes: I understand you may have had sexual relations with my daughter before, but under our roof, it's my way or the Long Island Expressway. So just keep your snake in its cage for 72 hours.

Bob Banks: What is that smell?

Jack Byrnes: That smell, Bob, is our shit. Focker flushed the toilet in the den so the septic tank overflowed.

Greg Focker: I told you, Jack, it wasn't me, it was Jinx.

Jack Byrnes: FOCKER, I'm not gonna tell you again. Jinx cannot flush the toilet. He's a cat for Christ sakes!

Larry: The animal doesn't even have thumbs, Focker.

[in the car listening to "Puff the Magic Dragon"]

Greg Focker: Who'd have thought it wasn't about a dragon.

Jack Byrnes: Huh?

Greg Focker: Well some people think that 'to puff the magic dragon' means to... puff... smoke... a marijuana cigarette.

Jack Byrnes: Puff is just the name of the boy's magical dragon... You a pothead, Focker?

Greg Focker: No, I pass on grass always. Well not always.

Jack Byrnes: Yes or no?

Greg Focker: No, um, yes, um...

Pam Byrnes: Greg Honey, how are you doing?

Greg Focker: Oh great, considering I desecrated your Grandma's remains, found out you were engaged, and had your Father ask me to milk him.

Jack Byrnes: Greg's in medicine too.

Bob Banks: What field?

Greg Focker: Nursing.

Bob Banks: Ha ha ha ha. No, really, what field are you in?

Kevin: [On who inspired him to be a wood worker] I'd have to say Jesus. He was a carpenter and I figured if you're going to follow in somebody's footsteps, why not the steps of our lord and savior?

Jack Byrnes: [before Greg has a chance to respond] Greg's Jewish.

Kevin: Really?

Greg Focker: Yeah.

[Jack smiles and nods]

Kevin: Well so was J.C...

I watched Meet the Parents again last night some quality lines...

Greg Focker: You can milk just about anything with nipples.

Jack Byrnes: I have nipples, Greg, could you milk me?

Jack Byrnes: "My Mother", by Jack Byrnes. You gave me life, / You gave me milk, / You gave me courage. / Your name was Angela, / An angel from Heaven, / But you were also an angel of God, / And he needed you, too. / I selfishly tried to hold on to you, / While the cancer ate away at your organs, / Like an unstoppable rebel force, / And now we'll meet in Heaven, / And I shall see you / Nevermore, nevermore, nevermore.

Pam Byrnes: Dad, that's beautiful.

Greg Focker: That's amazing, so much love, and also so much information.

Jack Byrnes: I mean, can you really trust another human being, Greg?

Greg Focker: Yeah, I think so.

Jack Byrnes: No. The answer is you can not.

Jack Byrnes: I'm just curious, did you pick the color of the car?

Greg Focker: Uh no, the guy at the window did, why?

Jack Byrnes: Well they say geniuses pick green.

Greg Focker: Oh.

Jack Byrnes: But you didn't pick it.

Greg Focker: Hey Jack, why don't you tell 'em about your little phone call in Thai.

Dina Byrnes: Jack can't talk Thai.

Greg Focker: Oh no, Dina, Jack can talk Thai. Jack talked Thai real well.

Jack Byrnes: I understand you may have had sexual relations with my daughter before, but under our roof, it's my way or the Long Island Expressway. So just keep your snake in its cage for 72 hours.

Bob Banks: What is that smell?

Jack Byrnes: That smell, Bob, is our shit. Focker flushed the toilet in the den so the septic tank overflowed.

Greg Focker: I told you, Jack, it wasn't me, it was Jinx.

Jack Byrnes: FOCKER, I'm not gonna tell you again. Jinx cannot flush the toilet. He's a cat for Christ sakes!

Larry: The animal doesn't even have thumbs, Focker.

[in the car listening to "Puff the Magic Dragon"]

Greg Focker: Who'd have thought it wasn't about a dragon.

Jack Byrnes: Huh?

Greg Focker: Well some people think that 'to puff the magic dragon' means to... puff... smoke... a marijuana cigarette.

Jack Byrnes: Puff is just the name of the boy's magical dragon... You a pothead, Focker?

Greg Focker: No, I pass on grass always. Well not always.

Jack Byrnes: Yes or no?

Greg Focker: No, um, yes, um...

Pam Byrnes: Greg Honey, how are you doing?

Greg Focker: Oh great, considering I desecrated your Grandma's remains, found out you were engaged, and had your Father ask me to milk him.

Jack Byrnes: Greg's in medicine too.

Bob Banks: What field?

Bob Banks: Ha ha ha ha. No, really, what field are you in?

Kevin: [On who inspired him to be a wood worker] I'd have to say Jesus. He was a carpenter and I figured if you're going to follow in somebody's footsteps, why not the steps of our lord and savior?

Jack Byrnes: [before Greg has a chance to respond] Greg's Jewish.

Kevin: Really?

Greg Focker: Yeah.

[Jack smiles and nods]

Kevin: Well so was J.C...

Classic, if only I had that kind of fun with the outlaw's!!!! :D

The Game with Michael Douglas and Sean Penn is worth watching an under-rated but very clever film it reminds me of Sleuth with Laurence Olivier and Michael Caine because of the amount of twists and turns in the film.

After Hours is another very under-rated film!

Edited by Allen

The Game with Michael Douglas and Sean Penn is worth watching an under-rated but very clever film it reminds me of Sleuth with Laurence Olivier and Michael Caine because of the amount of twists and turns in the film.

After Hours is another very under-rated film!

Two superb films, own them both! Had to write a meaty essay on Sleuth during my A-Levels, I ended up watching the film about 5 times before I could even start!

My favourite films;

City of God

The Usual Suspects

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Airplane!

Naked Gun

The Incredibles

Anything by the Marx Brothers

I just dont get it.... I like a load of other B&W stuff including Laurel and Hardy, the odd chaplin and Harold Lloyd, but they are just slapstick, Marx Bros is more "errodite" and "witty" but apart from Groucho the rest are just "fillers"??? :unsure:

My favourite films;

City of God

The Usual Suspects

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Airplane!

Naked Gun

The Incredibles

Anything by the Marx Brothers

absolutely the best film ever made (IMO) my new sig/avatar combo will be involving this film.

also:

empire strikes back

superman 2

king arthur

excalibur

life of brian

titanic :ph34r:

reservoir dogs

jack and sarah

the whicker man (micheal caine)

etc