Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Floating Fox

Today I got a Letter from our Friend peter Jones

I think you should stop damaging the stadium. I suppose you let people come round to your house and bang on the windows?? No? :whistle:

Go and get ya flask of bovril and sit with the Pensioners winging about the Fans who give a shit about the club and Atmospere which is absolute nothing far from dire.

Bring back the Filbert KOP thats the only way to get rid of RED TAPE twats like you.

Go and get ya flask of bovril and sit with the Pensioners winging about the Fans who give a shit about the club and Atmospere which is absolute nothing far from dire.

Bring back the Filbert KOP thats the only way to get rid of RED TAPE twats like you.

I dont recall having to bang on perspex in order to create a better atmosphere at Filbert Street. The fact is the club would not be writing out to fans if they didn't think that there was some damage being done to the stadium.

Get down off your high horse for one minute and realise that we all care passionately about this club; wanting to bang on a bit of plastic just because 'you want to' doesn't make you look like you care about the club and the atmosphere. It makes you look like a child.

I just read this thread, and I don't understand responses like this. Why do people feel the need to make personal attacks on others? <_<

I just read this thread, and I don't understand responses like this. Why do people feel the need to make personal attacks on others? <_<

To inflate their internet penis. It's usually compensation for a small labido away from the computer.

Bullied as a child, most likely. :thumbup:

I can't believe that some of you think that he's being hard done to.

The fact that you have to resort to out and out personal attacks shows a complete lack of sense imo.

The atmosphere at The Walkers is shit for a number of reasons and not one of them relates to perspex not being banged.

I got one too.

Last season i banged it a lot, but some way through the season i got warned and stopped.

I can confidently say i haven't banged it once since, the three young lads who sit next have but each time they've done it one person or another has told them to not bang it. Last season when i got told the steward said "If you bang the perspex again we'll have to eject you, you can bang the metal pole but not the perspex."

I can understand where the club are coming from but all we are trying to do is create a bit of atmosphere.

First off can I saw I'm Trying to Keep My cool this time :thumbup:

In short It said to stop banging on the purplex stuff at the back becasue its casuing structural damage. How does banging on the see-through sheets cause structural damage? :unsure: I cna understand the big metal thing that the others bang on would cuase damage but maybe if they made the stadium from quality material in the first place, or didnt even build it then there wouldnt be a Problem. Also I think the banging vcreates 1/2 the atmosphere in the Kop, its not the same without it. so maybe if they stopped coming up with Childish Idea's Like the Band and just gave us a drum then that would be better.

They also want me to Report the people that do it to the police for criminal Damage :rolleyes::blink:

What do you guys think?

Btw Im emailed PJ as well to let him know and if they put a steward there I will not re-new my S/T

Andy

Standupandsing... you've now reacted in a very childlike manner in a number of threads. One in particular recently springs to mind where you got in a strop for no reason at all... this one is unbelievable. Do you ever read back what you've typed?

It's absolutely ridiculous. Usually I'd just laugh and gently mock you, probably without you even realising. As a mod though *sighs* I should say... seriously pull your socks up... it's a poor showing. It really is.

If the reaction TPH speaks of is when "Stand up and sing" called me a rather nasty name for having the nerve to suggest that the club was going in the wrong direction suggesting "Childish Idea's Like the Band" then I agree, I think he should be reading back on what he's previously posted. Although he has a slight point.

Only got as far as TPH post above before losing my rag so if any of the belowe has already been posted I applogise.

By doing this the board are basically answering all those that have asked "Why is it we can bang the shit out of the stadium during a match, but you can't hold a decent pop concert " With the answer of..... meh you can't do either.

The fuking twats should sort themeselves out, if taking e-mails about a possible fans band, and threatning to prosecute all those that bang on the perspex is all this nob Peter Jones does he should be fuking sacked.

And I agree, If a few thousand people jumping up and down/hitting a soding plastic sheet is going to cause our stadium to collapse then there should be some serious question asked of all those involved with the building of the crisp bowl.

I can't believe that some of you think that he's being hard done to.

The fact that you have to resort to out and out personal attacks shows a complete lack of sense imo.

The atmosphere at The Walkers is shit for a number of reasons and not one of them relates to perspex not being banged.

:worship::worship: ( Decided to read a bit further )

I dunno how many of you lot are builders but a broken bit of perspex is not "Structral damage" they are talking about the very fabrics that hold the stadium togther.

:worship::worship: ( Decided to read a bit further )

I dunno how many of you lot are builders but a broken bit of perspex is not "Structral damage" they are talking about the very fabrics that hold the stadium togther.

Does it make any difference? If the fabric of the stadium is getting damaged, the club will have to spend money on fixing it instead of on the playing squad. Brilliant, keep up the support.

Yeah - you're a better fan.

Does that make you happy? :ph34r:

Pathetic.

What a ridiculous thread - the club could just warn people once and then eject them if it's such a problem; the fans who think banging on plastic contributes to "the atmosphere" need their heads testing.

And has anyone thought of the consequences of away fans reading this? If they know our stadium is liable to fall down from a bit of slapping, surely it will only encourage them.

I imagine it's a health and safety issue. Even if what they're doing now hasn't caused any perspex to fall down so far, it must surely be weakening it. How would the "bangers" feel if a child leans on it in future and falls through?

Those people who do this and constantly defend their right to do it would be the first to complain if (and when in some cases):

Parts of the stadium are closed due to health and safety not being happy.

Substantial club fine for above reason.

Ejection of culprits from stadium.

Placing of a steward in the area.

People banging on their windows for 90 minutes despite being asked to stop.

The beauty of this forum is that there are a large number of intelligent people who use it who inject humour and also contribute to healthy debate. It can get a bit heated but generally, good debates are there to be had.

What ruins it is posters who make the same point over and over again refusing to acknowledge the point of view expressed by other posters. It's not debate, it's just monotonous and boring. The fact is, if you post something stupid, it will still be stupid after the 80th time you've posted the exact same thing.

In this case...

The club say you are damaging the perspex. If you continue, they will probably eject you. You will then feel hard done by. You will complain on here. I can actually see it coming. I predict little sympathy and more than a little mirth.

"intelligent people who use it who inject humour" what with a syringe?

I think we should get a large peice of purplex-perspex and strap it to his head then make everyone in the cop SLAP him on the head for trying to break our lovely shiney stadium....

:thumbup:

Those people who do this and constantly defend their right to do it would be the first to complain if (and when in some cases):

Parts of the stadium are closed due to health and safety not being happy.

Substantial club fine for above reason.

Ejection of culprits from stadium.

Placing of a steward in the area.

People banging on their windows for 90 minutes despite being asked to stop.

If you want to pay me £22.00 pp, you and whoever else is intrested are more then welcome to come and bang on my windows for 90 minutes. :D

People seem to have miss read what I have put again. I don't bang the perspex as I would never sit that far from the pitch, it's just sad our sorry lego plastic bowl can't take a bit of banging or a pop concert as it wasn't designed/built properly. It's also a disgrace that that nob Peter Jones threatens people with criminal damage charges, there was no need to include that in his letter. Another example of the club working against the fans instead of with them.

If you want to pay me £22.00 pp, you and whoever else is intrested are more then welcome to come and bang on my windows for 90 minutes. :D

People seem to have miss read what I have put again. I don't bang the perspex as I would never sit that far from the pitch, it's just sad our sorry lego plastic bowl can't take a bit of banging or a pop concert as it wasn't designed/built properly. It's also a disgrace that that nob Peter Jones threatens people with criminal damage charges, there was no need to include that in his letter. Another example of the club working against the fans instead of with them.

I actually agree with the peoples hero manwell ..... also Mr Jones is a very respectable gentleman, have you ever met him, possibly not!

the only thing that needs banging is your lights out!

Well that's only if you cause proper damage to the stadium, they wouldn't arrest you just for banging on the perspex. But if you were to cause damage, and there was sufficient evidence that you caused it, then you will be arrested. Seems fair enough to me. It's just the same as if you were to go down into the concorse and smash the ladbrokes stand up.

Well that's only if you cause proper damage to the stadium, they wouldn't arrest you just for banging on the perspex. But if you were to cause damage, and there was sufficient evidence that you caused it, then you will be arrested. Seems fair enough to me. It's just the same as if you were to go down into the concorse and smash the ladbrokes stand up.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh! But it would improve the atmosphere! :cry:

Archived