Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Why no season ticket

I've just had a phone call from Leicester City asking why I've not renewed my season ticket.

Ironically, I've barely missed a match apart from holidays this season but it seems the club are keen to know the reasons for non-renewels and to pass them on.

Let's hope something positive comes of the canvass.

I've just had a phone call from Leicester City asking why I've not renewed my season ticket.

Ironically, I've barely missed a match apart from holidays this season but it seems the club are keen to know the reasons for non-renewels and to pass them on.

if you don't mind asking, what did you say????

In a nutshell:

That I thought £29 plus extras was too expensive for the sort of football being played and the lack of atmosphere - especially considering what we could be trying to do.

That we should set out to win every game, should choose an attack-capable squad comprising our best players and our best fringe players towards that end and stop playing people who were never likely to take our club forward.

We should then adapt tactics which played to those players strengths not manipulate them to be something they're not.

I think the message got through but when I explained my reasoning I didn't get the impression he had much knowledge about the detail of the team or the way it played.

I apologise to him if I formed the wrong impression but am disappointed if that's the case.

In a nutshell:

That I thought £29 plus extras was too expensive for the sort of football being played and the lack of atmosphere - especially considering what we could be trying to do.

That we should set out to win every game, should choose an attack-capable squad comprising our best players and our best fringe players towards that end and stop playing people who were never likely to take our club forward.

We should then adapt tactics which played to those players strengths not manipulate them to be something they're not.

I think the message got through but when I explained my reasoning I didn't get the impression he had much knowledge about the detail of the team or the way it played.

I apologise to him if I formed the wrong impression but am disappointed if that's the case.

So you basically said you should be manager and if you were you'd have a season ticket?!

What will you say??? :o

Just that I am still paying off last seasons season ticket and that if they want more people to renew they should make the repayment structure over a longer time instead of 3 months, so purpers like myself dont have to get a nasty credit card to get one :mad:

Just that I am still paying off last seasons season ticket and that if they want more people to renew they should make the repayment structure over a longer time instead of 3 months, so purpers like myself dont have to get a nasty credit card to get one :mad:

It should be over the course of the season. So if you renew in May, you start paying from August and it has to be paid by the following April/May when the season finishes. Perhaps they could charge 2% more if they need to to cover costs, etc.

It should be over the course of the season. So if you renew in May, you start paying from August and it has to be paid by the following April/May when the season finishes. Perhaps they could charge 2% more if they need to to cover costs, etc.

Exactly! I think this was discussed on here not so long ago, im not sure what the clubs thoughts are on it though. Maybe they should give me that call.....

Exactly! I think this was discussed on here not so long ago, im not sure what the clubs thoughts are on it though. Maybe they should give me that call.....

Didn't they say something along the lines that if they spread the payments over the season that the money would obviously come in over a period of time hence not being used to strenghten the squad? If they didn't, then they probablt will, the buggers!

Incidently, I didn not renew as I have a lot of other things going on in my life and it's difficult to commit to every game. Saying that, if I go to 10-12 home games which I probably will, it would cost me more or less the same as a Season Ticket.

Didn't they say something along the lines that if they spread the payments over the season that the money would obviously come in over a period of time hence not being used to strenghten the squad? If they didn't, then they probablt will, the buggers!

Incidently, I didn not renew as I have a lot of other things going on in my life and it's difficult to commit to every game. Saying that, if I go to 10-12 home games which I probably will, it would cost me more or less the same as a Season Ticket.

I think that was it Shum :( do they not realise they are, in effect turning fans away? They may think overall that we will fork out for every game but a lot of people can afford to do that even less.

So you basically said you should be manager and if you were you'd have a season ticket?!

City asked what I thought and The Singh asked what I'd told them. Seems good manners to reply in my book.

It's no secret how I think we should play and the results of defensive football these last years give me no reason to change my mind, thanks.

Various people on this forum have welcomed various young players into our team both from the Academy and elsewhere and these, almost to a man have been our outstanding performers these recent months.

I look forward to welcoming several more, particularly Logan and Gradel.

I'd be curious to know if any of your comments about the club would get anywere near the team management. I think all of the responses will be bundled into

1. Poor entertainment
  2. Financial
  3. Moved away

Etc, etc Only by there being a subsantial percentage of Item 1 would it be brought to the attention of RK and the like.

i had one of these phonecalls and then got offered a "bargain 6-match package", where i can pick 6 out of the next 12 matches and pay £99. I dont think he realises that working in the pub industry and not being available saturdays ruled me out of attending pretty much every game this season...

I'd be curious to know if any of your comments about the club would get anywere near the team management. I think all of the responses will be bundled into

1. Poor entertainment
  2. Financial
  3. Moved away

Etc, etc Only by there being a subsantial percentage of Item 1 would it be brought to the attention of RK and the like.

Totally agree. If they want to waste time doing a canvas they don't intend to act on I won't worry. I've answered them honestly, as have others by the sounds of it, and they'll do what they choose. If just a little bit of good comes out of it I'll be pleased and, if not, my conscience will be clear.

...but then that leaves it open for everyone to get pissed off by December and cancel their direct debit mandates.

I agree that the three month offer is too short, but maybe giving someone the whole season is too long. If payment started in June through to November then that might provide the smaller payments that fans would like coupled with the entire revenue being collected before the January transfer window.

Totally agree. If they want to waste time doing a canvas they don't intend to act on I won't worry. I've answered them honestly, as have others by the sounds of it, and they'll do what they choose. If just a little bit of good comes out of it I'll be pleased and, if not, my conscience will be clear.

Most of the responses I have read on this thread have been about financial reasons or poor value for money. Only you and one other I think have wanted to make a statement about the team management. In which case......when asked why the season ticket sales are down, the answer from the canvasers will be "mainly financial" they will then cite the economy, rising fuel prices et al; so your concerns will not get furthered.

I wonder if there is a more effective way of grabbing management by the short and curlies and telling them what the supporters really think? Any managers worth their salt, should welcome constructive feedback.

Most of the responses I have read on this thread have been about financial reasons or poor value for money. Only you and one other I think have wanted to make a statement about the team management. In which case......when asked why the season ticket sales are down, the answer from the canvasers will be "mainly financial" they will then cite the economy, rising fuel prices et al; so your concerns will not get furthered.

I wonder if there is a more effective way of grabbing management by the short and curlies and telling them what the supporters really think? Any managers worth their salt, should welcome constructive feedback.

Trouble is there's clear evidence to show that not everyone wants to go down the young/hungry/attacking route.

They think it's risky.

Trouble is there's clear evidence to show that not everyone wants to go down the young/hungry/attacking route.

They think it's risky.

It is!

But putting any team out is risky!

A point well made. However, if we don't get out of this division and pay off our debts, we will struggle to attract experienced and decent players here, we won't be able to bring them in with no money, and will have no choice but to field younger players. Perhaps blooding 3, 4 or 5 over the course of the season, especially in cup games, wouldn't be such a bad idea?! Might find it difficult to do with no reserve games though...

Trouble is there's clear evidence to show that not everyone wants to go down the young/hungry/attacking route. They think it's risky.

Sometimes you make it SO easy for someone like me (of weak mind) to pass flippant comment :P:D

Archived