Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Piper speaks to City

A fully fit Piper back to his best would make Josh Low look like Conrad Logan on the right wing (which he does anyway.)

Unfortunately the chances of Piper ever getting both fully fit and back to his best are approximately 0.0000000000000000002%

Seems we've replaced false dawns with false hopes. :(

He'll be fit... I have a feeling. I think if we can get him to good fitness he can be a good player for us, just like the old days. He'll need match practice but I'm sure he can do a good job for us.

Piper's knees are fooked, you cant live on the past glories of the player.

Piper's knees are fooked, you cant live on the past glories of the player.

Probably. I think he was just about to re-appear for Sunderland last year, having gone through about a dozen operations when he was laid low with yet another knee injury. You have to wonder if there's any cartilage left now. And even if there was, whether he'd still have the nerve to risk his knees in competitive matches.

But I hope it works out for him.

He'll be fit... I have a feeling. I think if we can get him to good fitness he can be a good player for us, just like the old days. He'll need match practice but I'm sure he can do a good job for us.

I agree, I would love to see him back. Once he's fit again he'll be awesome. Anyone of us could do a better job than Josh Low

Has anyone listened to the interview yet? Anything of note?

Yes

• Has had 11 operations on knees last one six weeks ago and should be fit after 3- 4 months. Surgeon thinks he has 5 years of football left.
  • Is a free agent as Sunderland have released him.
  • Moved back to Leicester to be near his two sons.
  • Leicester physio is helping him recover.
  • Has also trained with Coventry.
  • He was asked if he saw a future at Leicester and responded that the subject hadn't been raised and he will consider all options. On closing the interviewer wished him good luck and looked forward to him putting on a Leicester blue shirt again. His response was "Hopefully"

I would say from his demenour that if offered a chance at Leicester, he would take it

Archived