Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in a Box

Reception - Hostile?

Peter Taylor says it was not through a lack of effort that things did not work out during his reign as Leicester City manager. :thumbdown:

Taylor returns to City with his new club Crystal Palace tomorrow (3.0) for only the second time since his near two-year tenure ended in 2001.

And he admits he was surprised at the reception he received at the Walkers Stadium as boss of Hull City towards the end of last season.

The England under-21 manager said he expected it to be more hostile.

"I have got to say my first return was one that I was not looking forward to," he said.

"The fans were kind to me, and it was not as bad as I thought it was going to be :ph34r::ph34r: . Hopefully, they did realise it was not through a lack of effort and that I worked my socks off at Leicester to put it right.

"I am looking forward to a game of football tomorrow and to getting back to winning ways."

Taylor's side go into the match after two defeats, and he reckons a lack of concentration in defence is to blame.

"We have been giving goals away," he said.

"I think most managers could grudgingly accept teams scoring good goals against you.

"In our case, we have been giving goals away and, clearly, it's something we have to put right.

"It's a lack of concentration. What we have to do is keep reminding players that they have to concentrate for the 90 minutes, no matter where the opposing team has the ball. It's good habits."

Taylor is sweating on the fitness of some key players. Winger Jobi McAnuff is definitely out after undergoing a hernia operation earlier in the week.

Defenders Danny Butterfield (ankle) and Matt Lawrence (toe) are also injury concerns, as are midfielder Mark Kennedy (Achilles), and forwards Dougie Freedman and James Scowcroft (both hamstring).

He was overpaid and over-rated. Like a lot of others. But the Board deserve their share of criticism for sanctioning such shit purchases. If Board members were football people as well as business people they would, or should, have known better.

He was overpaid and over-rated. Like a lot of others. But the Board deserve their share of criticism for sanctioning such shit purchases. If Board members were football people as well as business people they would, or should, have known better.

My main critisism of the board is not that they allowed him to spend the money on crap, after all I'm sure we would hate the board to interfere with who is purchased and who isn't but that they allowed him so much so soon. They should have let him prove his purchasing ability on a couple of medium cost players before giving him a free hand.

Didn't he come out with this crap last season when we played Hull at home?

Broken record, clearly he's still bitter that we didn't appreciate his unique brand of management

There's nothing bloody unique about it.

Any useless tosser can go out and piss 23m quid on shite. :rolleyes:

There's nothing bloody unique about it.

Any useless tosser can go out and piss 23m quid on shite. :rolleyes:

yeah he quite simply f****d us up and should forever hear about it

we are still lucky to have a club no thanks to p***r t****r :mad:

i dislike pleat more because in pleats mind he never does wrong and his commentating is really annoying when matches are shown on the t.v. :mad: get the names right for starters you twonk.

could not agree more. i hate him o much

"and the grass is looking very green" - who cares, STFU!

Archived