Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Applause for the Board

Three years ago we collapsed; fifty million in debt and sliding to who knows where, disloyalty seemed to be a byword.

Look where we are: a stable ship, a strong collection of youth, balanced books, healthy attendance (no matter how much they paid for the tickets)

They may have many foibles, but the board has managed with fiscal prudence and has put us into a position whereby we are attractive to potential investors.

For that much, I believe they are owed a thank you from the fanbase.

Well done :appl:

*stands back to cook his sausages in the forthcoming flames*

Three years ago we collapsed; fifty million in debt and sliding to who knows where, disloyalty seemed to be a byword.

Look where we are: a stable ship, a strong collection of youth, balanced books, healthy attendance (no matter how much they paid for the tickets)

They may have many foibles, but the board has managed with fiscal prudence and has put us into a position whereby we are attractive to potential investors.

As many faults as the board have, when you reflect on it, they certainly have given us solid ground to rebuild from. :appl:

I'm not going to applaud just yet, as we do not know how things are going to plan out regarding a take over!! BUt thus far they have done what i must say, in the best interests of the club!!

Yup, my subtext is...well done, but it is time to go now - it is time for investment.

They have proved that we can survive on a shoestring...but a bit of ambition is the lifeblood of football. Ambition coarses through the veins of every City fan (bar two).

Well done everyone, it's time to say goodbye. :thumbup:

Thankyou board members, I appreciate all that you have done for our club. Things could have been so much worse by now but we have solid foundations ready for new investment.

You won't be forgotten... :clap:

Who won't?

It wasnt so long ago that alot of people were slagging off the board..... we know who you are!!

:ph34r:

A sprinkling of fans on here backed TD, RONNY etc the others wanted them out.

I applauded the way the have gone about the business in fact the way TD conducted himself after La manga was to be applauded.

TD , RON my hats off to you.

It wasnt so long ago that alot of people were slagging off the board..... we know who you are!!

I applauded the way the have gone about the business in fact the way TD conducted himself after La manga was to be applauded.

Listen chummy, the only reason people were pished off, was because there was no sign of investment.... durp! :yawn:

Agree absolutely. If this doesn't prove that you can't let the Fans run the club I don't know what does! :D:ph34r:

Read what is posted in this thread very carefully, well done board, thanks for the memories, now F**K off being the overall jist IMO.

Most people still do want Dim tim and Ronald Mcdonald out. The board will only be appaulded if they manage to get investment/a buyer and step down, if they don't manage this they will be hung drawn and quatered by 95% of the fan base.

They've had their hiccups but generally I think the board has done an excellent job for Leicester City in such a short time. No wonder people want to take the club over. I wonder if they'd have been around if we hadn't got such an up-to-date ground, such valuable training facilities and such an even more valuable collection of young players.

Just visiting QPR last week only emphasised how well set we are.

I just hope now that the MM money, if it materialises, is spent wisely. I remember when we last had some money and Peter Taylor was given licence to spend it. Just reading about all the players the fans want to see down here only emphasises how money burns a hole in people's pockets.

Spend, spend Peter Taylor set City back for years and it is very easy to forget which sort of players are responsible for our resurgence. For every player who comes in it means that someone like Dodds will not break through. To me, that's a sobering thought.

I sincerely hope we get the balance right and that the only people we bring in are genuine quality and with a bit of life left in em.

Well done the board for getting Craig Levein as manager and almost getting us relegated. Well done for getting the catering so wrong and the ticketing wrong (until the last few weeks). Giving Jo Bucci a job so she could cause havock and then sacking her a few months later.

Also thanks for not putting in an extra penny of your own money since buying the club for a next to nothing. Thanks that we are about the only team in this league not to spend any money this year. Thanks for trying to sell half the ground to the tigers.

Thanks for not getting us into big debt by doing your job and not spending over the budget. (Now the parachute has gone we would have been at the end of the year though).

You're trying to flog the club now though from which you'll all make a few quid no doubt, so all is forgiven.

Archived