Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shum

Kelly

Kelly Makes Shortlist

Leicester City boss Rob Kelly has been nominated for the Manager of the Month award after his side collected 11 points from a possible 15 during October.

The Foxes posted three wins and two draws in the Championship during the period - scoring nine goals and conceding just six along the way.

And that run of form has elevated City from 19th to 12th in the Championship league table.

The other managers who have been nominated for the award are Dave Jones of Cardiff, Paul Simpson of Preston and Steve Cotterill of Burnley.

The winner will be revealed at 12:30pm on Sky Sports News on Thursday, November 2.

Kelly Makes Shortlist

Leicester City boss Rob Kelly has been nominated for the Manager of the Month award after his side collected 11 points from a possible 15 during October.

The Foxes posted three wins and two draws in the Championship during the period - scoring nine goals and conceding just six along the way.

And that run of form has elevated City from 19th to 12th in the Championship league table.

The other managers who have been nominated for the award are Dave Jones of Cardiff, Paul Simpson of Preston and Steve Cotterill of Burnley.

The winner will be revealed at 12:30pm on Sky Sports News on Thursday, November 2.

Cotterill will get it me thinks.

Well done Rk on a fully deserved nomination, but i think Cotterill will get it as well.

If he doesn't get it, on the brightside, at least the curse won't strike!

Times are looking up, it seems.

Any word on whether Hume is up for player of the month? 5 goals in 5 games must put him on the shortlist!

nah, sheep shagger's Chopra will get it, he's bagged one or two and his team are top of the league. it would be nice for recognition for kelly this month, but once you get the award your team does worse, so give it to someone i don't like, preston perhaps

nah, sheep shagger's Chopra will get it, he's bagged one or two and his team are top of the league. it would be nice for recognition for kelly this month, but once you get the award your team does worse, so give it to someone i don't like, preston perhaps

Hasn't Chopra already had it this season, they rarely give it to a player twice in as many months.

Hasn't Chopra already had it this season, they rarely give it to a player twice in as many months.

i believe he has, but rarely in a season do players continually show the form that he has at the moment. usually you get, for example akinbiyi, scoring loads and playing well then getting an award and trailing off just slightly for someone else to overshadow them. personally i would love to see some of our players getting recognition

Lee Hendrie will probabley get that if he's been playing like he did against us in the first half for the full 90 in his previous games. No wonder Stoke have been on a role.

I'm very tempted to put my whole pay cheque on the League Two player of the month :D

i believe he has, but rarely in a season do players continually show the form that he has at the moment. usually you get, for example akinbiyi, scoring loads and playing well then getting an award and trailing off just slightly for someone else to overshadow them. personally i would love to see some of our players getting recognition

He's only played a quarter of the season though, but yes he has done very well.

Well done Rob Kelly! Brilliant news, even if he's not favourite to win it.

Hendrie and Chopra have both looked absolutely incredible recently, I definitely reckon one of them will get player of the month.

I hope he doesn't get it, I would rather he jsut be in contention of getting it each month, than winning it once, which is all that happens to leicester managers :P

Nice to know that s he being regarded highly but aint it

No.. :cry:

Burnley manager Steve Cotterill has landed the October Manager of the Month award in The Championship.

The Clarets were unbeaten in their six games last month, including two impressive wins in front of the Sky Sports cameras.

Cotterill's side thrashed Norwich 4-1 at the start of the month and edged a five-goal thriller against Preston last Friday.

Burnley have climbed to third in The Championship after four wins and two draws in October.

The Turf Moor club are still to lose away from home this season and Cotterill has been rewarded for their fine recent form with the monthly award.

Cotterill beat off competition from Cardiff manager Dave Jones, Leicester's Rob Kelly and Preston boss Paul Simpson to land the prize for the first time as Burnley chief.

"I am obviously delighted to be named as Championship Manager of the Month for October," Cotterill said.

"It's the first time I've won it at Burnley. We've managed to have a squad to sustain our performances for a month which we haven't been able to do in the past because we have had some good months but maybe slipped up at a hurdle across the way.

"I felt we had a tough month and coupled with the injuries we had in the squad, that has probably made it a bigger achievement. That is all credit to my players though and I would like to dedicate the award to them."

Link

Least the motm curse won't strike for us!

Archived