Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

With Mandaric's millions...

Just accounting for MM's transfer money etc. and a return to the Premiership, which team, NOT in relation to overall performance, BUT, having specific transfer money available and players being captured do you think we will emulate??

I think we'll be the next Middlesbrough - signing players of the standard of Juninho, Ravanelli, Southgate, Ehiogu, Hasselbaink, Viduka etc. (I know I'm covering a 10 year period), but hopefully more successful??

Or could we be the next Chelsea - stranger things have happened??? :rolleyes:

Just accounting for MM's transfer money etc. and a return to the Premiership, which team, NOT in relation to overall performance, BUT, having specific transfer money available and players being captured do you think we will emulate??

I think we'll be the next Middlesbrough - signing players of the standard of Juninho, Ravanelli, Southgate, Ehiogu, Hasselbaink, Viduka etc. (I know I'm covering a 10 year period), but hopefully more successful??

Or could we be the next Chelsea - stranger things have happened??? :rolleyes:

Hmm this may sound predictable but I would say Portsmouth - but his bid is still being considered so I dont think we can start talking about things like this until we get into the Prem first :)

Hmm this may sound predictable but I would say Portsmouth - but his bid is still being considered so I dont think we can start talking about things like this until we get into the Prem first :)

Watford :whistle:

Surely the caliber of the players matters more. Even Arsehole Wenger and Sir Alex couldn't stretch to promotion with the current squad.

Not at all, the likes of Burnley and Colchester are doing remarkably well this season with an average bunch of players. It's all about a manager installing belief into players and getting a side to play football, we're not doing either and haven't done for a good few years now.

Not at all, the likes of Burnley and Colchester are doing remarkably well this season with an average bunch of players. It's all about a manager installing belief into players and getting a side to play football, we're not doing either and haven't done for a good few years now.

I don't want to start an argument, especially with someone of your power, but I think Burnley have a very good squad and Colchester have players with flair and inspiration. There is no question that Cotterill has done a fantastic job but he has had over a million to spend.

I think that's crap...hypothetical of course but I think a great manager can help an average squad completely overachieve. We overachieved for the money we spent and quality of our players under MON. A top class manager could take our current squad to the playoffs at least...

Love a bit of unprovable discussion...

I don't want us to emulate anyone - I don't want anyone saying we're the new Charlton, Wigan or whatever, I have no interest whatsoever in those teams or how they've done. If we're going to do well we need to concentrate on ourselves and set our own benchmarks, not copying off others.

We are THE ONE AND ONLY LEICESTER CITY and that's how it's gonna stay. :thumbup:

Nah we dont want to be yo-yo relegation-bound thank you. Been there, done that, got the shirt (I literally have lol).

Wow. I usually assume you mean your words to be interpreted pictorially.

I now feel I have the duty to review all your posts, assessing them in a new way, a literal way.

Archived