Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Fryatt

It's a myth. Manchester United are and Arsenal are the prime example of teams committed to attack. How many trophies line their cabinets. Okay we don't have their players but neither are we playing at their level.

It really is the same at any level to be honest because the opposition also equates to that level.

Near home the best example is our Academy. Beaglehole attacks from the off. There's no mystery. He pushes up high and close on the opposition, gives them no space and the team moves forward in numbers and with close support.

You'd think they'd get caught on the break but it is hard for the opposition to set up attacks cos they simply have so little time to even turn let alone pick out distant runners.

The result. In 13 games they've score 51 goals and the goals difference is a massive 32!. So they concede goals not much more regularly than the first team with seven/eight defenders.

In the last 15 minutes against Derby I didn't feel we were especially more vulnerable than for the first 75/80 minutes when we barely mounted any sort of attack and when we conceded the goal.Kelly says it's all about what we do but I wish he'd put that into practice and focus on it.

Being committed to attack doesn't mean having no defence when it's needed.

Probably becuase derby were more committed to defending than attacking?

I'm all for us playing attacking football, but we need a good team to do that.

You can say that Fryatt isn't pulling his weight, but nearly all the team aren't. The only players that are actually trying and deserve our fans, are stearman, kisnorbo, mccarthy and huuuuummmeeee.

Well when i say deserve our fans i actually mean the fans that actually get behind the lads :P

That could be where we are going wrong.

Who might agree with me?

If we played attacking for a full 90 minutes, i'm sure teams of preston's and derbys quality would rip us apart.

It's ok attacking when the oposition has scored and are jsut sitting on the lead, but when they are actually trying to score i'm sure they would get 2 or 3 in the first half alone. Then in the second we might get a goal while they sit back for the half.

Who said that? not me. I'm talking about attitude and approach of course teams don't literally attack non-stop for 90 minutes, but teams with the right attitude attack when they have the ball and have players on the pitch that can use it in an attacking fashion. We simple don't do that, even at home our priority and mentality is not to concede but we nearly always do.

It's fundamental isn't it when your in the oppo's half with the ball they ain't going to score. Of course there's always the risk that someone could break clear and score, but if you've got all your own players playing deep and in a defensive style, under the cosh like we play then you're eventually going to concede, and we do, time after time after time. We then change our approach start attacking putting on the right sort of players and actually looking like a half decent team that could have won.

It's a myth. Manchester United are and Arsenal are the prime example of teams committed to attack. How many trophies line their cabinets. Okay we don't have their players but neither are we playing at their level.

It really is the same at any level to be honest because the opposition also equates to that level.

Near home the best example is our Academy. Beaglehole attacks from the off. There's no mystery. He pushes up high and close on the opposition, gives them no space and the team moves forward in numbers and with close support.

You'd think they'd get caught on the break but it is hard for the opposition to set up attacks cos they simply have so little time to even turn let alone pick out distant runners.

The result. In 13 games they've score 51 goals and the goals difference is a massive 32!. So they concede goals not much more regularly than the first team with seven/eight defenders.

In the last 15 minutes against Derby I didn't feel we were especially more vulnerable than for the first 75/80 minutes when we barely mounted any sort of attack and when we conceded the goal.

Kelly says it's all about what we do but I wish he'd put that into practice and focus on it.

Being committed to attack doesn't mean having no defence when it's needed.

Why don't you use Fulham and West Ham as examples of attacking teams lining their cabinet with trophies? Any half-wit can use Arsenal and Manchester United. And I'm sure there are sides well below the Academy in their league that attack as well. At the end of the day, Filbert is right. This squad is not capable of passing wind.....let alone the ball!!!

Why don't you use Fulham and West Ham as examples of attacking teams lining their cabinet with trophies? Any half-wit can use Arsenal and Manchester United. And I'm sure there are sides well below the Academy in their league that attack as well. At the end of the day, Filbert is right. This squad is not capable of passing wind.....let alone the ball!!!

I've not seen another Academy League side with anything like our commitment to attack and I've watched about threequarters of them.

As for the first team, the squad needs improving but is not nearly as incapable as they're being made to look or as you make out.

Archived