Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Fryatt

Interesting I started a thread with the exact same topic after the QPR game, and got slated for it. Amazing what a few weeks can do.

As I have said before I think he is overrated. I dont think he has the accuracy and intelligence to beat defenders who have done their homework. Can't knock the guy for effort, but we need goals, and he hasnt consistently delivered.... ever, for us really.

Get Alan Smith in on loan it will solve a heck of a lot of problems.

We've missed the window I'm afraid. :whistle:

If you'll excuse the pun. ;) ;) :smile::thumbup:

We've missed the window I'm afraid. :whistle:

If you'll excuse the pun. ;) ;) :smile::thumbup:

Yeah I know - I meant in Jan. Like others have said, I think until then we should be on a damage limitation exercise until Curbishly arrives....

:rolleyes: Unbelieveable - Many of you are slating someone who you haven't even watched play and that many of you arsed raped when he score at Sunderland.

:(

Yeah cos he had a great game didn't he? To be substituted for Elvis Hammond when you're chasing a goal to level the game shows where Fryatt is at the moment.

I haven't slated his quality anyway, I just pre-empted the attacks on him and said he needs to sort himself out cos he's letting the f**king side down at the moment. Get involved you twat.

Fryatt is capable of scoring goals if he gets the service - just as any other striker. To be honest, he is offering us less at the minute than Elvis Hammond does, and that's saying something.

Motivational issues and lack of confidence have got to be playing a part somewhere, 'cos this Fryatt is not the same Fryatt who we loved watching towards the end of last season

What's he supposed to do when he's getting fook all service?

Something would be a start. Hume's getting the same service and he's still looking somewhere near lively.

Here's an idea. Drop deep. Go looking for the ball. Help out the midfield. Something. Anything. He hasn't got the raw pace to play off the last man when the midfield aren't in charge of the game so he needs to drop back and involve himself more.

You don't see Hume standing around up front complaining about the lack of service, why should Fryatt be excused because of the midfield's failings? He should make the best of what we've got, the same as any other player would have to in the same position.

Something would be a start. Hume's getting the same service and he's still looking somewhere near lively.

Here's an idea. Drop deep. Go looking for the ball. Help out the midfield. Something. Anything. He hasn't got the raw pace to play off the last man when the midfield aren't in charge of the game so he needs to drop back and involve himself more.

You don't see Hume standing around up front complaining about the lack of service, why should Fryatt be excused because of the midfield's failings? He should make the best of what we've got, the same as any other player would have to in the same position.

Fryatt's a different type of player to elvis and hume though, they are the type that chase lost causes and try to make chances.

Van nistelrooy would struggle to score for us.

Fryatt's a different type of player to elvis and hume though, they are the type that chase lost causes and try to make chances.

Everyone struggles to score for us :P

But I see what you're saying. Fryatt is the same type of player as RVN, just a little behind in the quality department :whistle:

This is why we need to sign a creative midfielder in January - we can't rely on Williams for it as he's never fit

Saw him chasing plenty of lost causes last season. Even got a goal or two from them. He doesn't seem to be giving 100% at the moment. Unforgivable.

That almost sounds like a criticism. :whistle:

Look through my posts if you have time. There is critisism there every week, people tend not to take notice. They just like to think i'm some Kelly lover (which is not true).

Time and time again I say I want any manager of our club to have a good crack at it, like I did with Adams and like I did with Levein. I've never once said they are good managers. Just that I don't believe sacking the manager every 6 months does a team no good.

I think the critisism of Kelly on some things is harsh, but more than justified on quite a few. The positions he choose to strengthen (not the actual players) and negative setup to name two.

Peoples reactions to losing to Preston 1-0 and Derby 1-0 aren't suprising. But they are two of the better teams in this league, so was it that suprising we lost? If Kelly had actually fielded a team with a slightly attacking edge would the critisism be any less harsh? If it would have, he needs to change things quickly for his own sake.

Yeah cos he had a great game didn't he? To be substituted for Elvis Hammond when you're chasing a goal to level the game shows where Fryatt is at the moment.

I haven't slated his quality anyway, I just pre-empted the attacks on him and said he needs to sort himself out cos he's letting the f**king side down at the moment. Get involved you twat .

Get involved - how can you say that when you didnt go to the game and you didnt watch it?

I did so how more "involved" do you want me to be? :pinch: <_< :rolleyes:

Get involved - how can you say that when you didnt go to the game and you didnt watch it?

I did so how more "involved" do you want me to be? :pinch: <_< :rolleyes:

I was talking about Fryatt. It's for his own good. At the moment he's wasting a promising career and with his talent, he should never be shown up by Elvis.

Look through my posts if you have time. There is critisism there every week, people tend not to take notice. They just like to think i'm some Kelly lover (which is not true).

Time and time again I say I want any manager of our club to have a good crack at it, like I did with Adams and like I did with Levein. I've never once said they are good managers. Just that I don't believe sacking the manager every 6 months does a team no good.

I think the critisism of Kelly on some things is harsh, but more than justified on quite a few. The positions he choose to strengthen (not the actual players) and negative setup to name two.

Peoples reactions to losing to Preston 1-0 and Derby 1-0 aren't suprising. But they are two of the better teams in this league, so was it that suprising we lost? If Kelly had actually fielded a team with a slightly attacking edge would the critisism be any less harsh? If it would have, he needs to change things quickly for his own sake.

Good points, ive started wondering, if kelly had actually played more attacking line up's if we would have lost 3-1 or something like that.

Untill we have some decent players at this level were going to be a team that defends and tries to nick a goal in the game, or only start attacking when the oposition scores and takes the foot off the pedal.

We need mandaric.

fryatt has lost all confidence and faith in his ability. mccarthy, kisnorbo, logan etc launching balls up to him is not gonna help. hume was getting annoyed with this yesterday, hume was useless yesterday aswel but he not getting any stick. hume was so pissed of yesterday he walked straight down tunnel at the end.

Good points, ive started wondering, if kelly had actually played more attacking line up's if we would have lost 3-1 or something like that.

Untill we have some decent players at this level were going to be a team that defends and tries to nick a goal in the game, or only start attacking when the oposition scores and takes the foot off the pedal.

We need mandaric.

I would hazard a guess we don't concede more goals when we decide to attack than when we play overly defensive.

I would hazard a guess we don't concede more goals when we decide to attack than when we play overly defensive.

If we played attacking for a full 90 minutes, i'm sure teams of preston's and derbys quality would rip us apart.

It's ok attacking when the oposition has scored and are jsut sitting on the lead, but when they are actually trying to score i'm sure they would get 2 or 3 in the first half alone. Then in the second we might get a goal while they sit back for the half.

If we played attacking for a full 90 minutes, i'm sure teams of preston's and derbys quality would rip us apart.

It's ok attacking when the oposition has scored and are jsut sitting on the lead, but when they are actually trying to score i'm sure they would get 2 or 3 in the first half alone. Then in the second we might get a goal while they sit back for the half.

It's a myth. Manchester United are and Arsenal are the prime example of teams committed to attack. How many trophies line their cabinets. Okay we don't have their players but neither are we playing at their level.

It really is the same at any level to be honest because the opposition also equates to that level.

Near home the best example is our Academy. Beaglehole attacks from the off. There's no mystery. He pushes up high and close on the opposition, gives them no space and the team moves forward in numbers and with close support.

You'd think they'd get caught on the break but it is hard for the opposition to set up attacks cos they simply have so little time to even turn let alone pick out distant runners.

The result. In 13 games they've score 51 goals and the goals difference is a massive 32!. So they concede goals not much more regularly than the first team with seven/eight defenders.

In the last 15 minutes against Derby I didn't feel we were especially more vulnerable than for the first 75/80 minutes when we barely mounted any sort of attack and when we conceded the goal.

Kelly says it's all about what we do but I wish he'd put that into practice and focus on it.

Being committed to attack doesn't mean having no defence when it's needed.

Archived