Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

Next manager

Manager options  

189 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as manager

• Keep Kelly
    • Jamie Redknapp
    • Iain Dowie
    • Nigel Clough
    • Joe Royle
    • Mike Newell
    • Super Steve Claridge
    • Claudio Ranieri
    • Alex McLeish
    • old player experianced coach duo
    • Any other i can't think of

To be honest I think (assuming MM's take-over goes as expect/hoped) we'll likley have a care-taker while we sort out of permanent replacment for RK, but I'd have expect MM to already have a few ideas (as long as he's still interested that is :( )... Mike Newell and Ian Dowie seem like reasonable possibilities as new manager, Curbs would be the top choice but he wouldnt come to LCFC at the moment nor would the likes of Steve Cotterill, Ian Holloway or Geraint Williams (all are doing very well where they are thankyou very much).

Players train in the morning, TPH comes in the afternoons.

Could someone put this thread back on topic, quick!

How about Ray Graydon for manager? :ph34r:

I know that, I didn't think he was incapable!!!! As long as you do a good job, I'm satisfied as will TPH be with your appointment :thumbup::P

So Gary McCallister is rumoured to be taking over then?! :ph34r:

Excuse my naivety ( :blush: ) but feel free to hint/point me in the direction as to why ;):P

I think it's to do with 'developing' the next Youth academy intake :P

Players train in the morning, TPH comes in the afternoons.

Could someone put this thread back on topic, quick!

How about Ray Graydon for manager? :ph34r:

I think it's to do with 'developing' the next Youth academy intake :P

:laugh: This explains to me why TPH comes in the afternoons then :whistle:;) Cheers for clearing it up davieG :thumbup: It'll take a long, long time and a lot of hard work to develop the Youth Academy in this way though :o

:laugh: This explains to me why TPH comes in the afternoons then :whistle:;) Cheers for clearing it up davieG :thumbup: It'll take a long, long time and a lot of hard work to develop the Youth Academy in this way though :o

Then they'll only need to be good enough for Div 4 by then. :ph34r:

Why don't we get real instead of suggesting a man who has made it clear he has no intention of managing in the Championship, managers who have managed in the Champions league, and Sky Sports pundits who are related to good managers.

Russell Slade or Neil McDonald would be good appointments.

Why don't we get real instead of suggesting a man who has made it clear he has no intention of managing in the Championship, managers who have managed in the Champions league, and Sky Sports pundits who are related to good managers.

Russell Slade or Neil McDonald would be good appointments.

As i said above, Newell and Dowie seem like real possibilities IMHO... Newell is a good manager who's on shaky ground with the leadership at his club at the moment and Dowie is a free agent who's going to wind up at a club sooner or a later and has a good record in this division.

The same Newell whose Luton side is a mere 3 points better off over 21 games so far? :)

The same Dowie who's relegated one side from the Premiership, and been sacked from the other after just 12 games, after leaving them rooted to the bottom of the table? :)

I can't wait for January! :banana:

Who'd get your vote Babylon?

The list doesn't really inspire me to be honest. The only sensible options are Dowie, Newell and McLeish.

Newell has done a great job at Luton, but they are struggling this year. Plus he is the most boring man on the planet, oh and he needs to learn to keep his gob shut. If Kelly came out with some of the crap he does he would get slaughtered.

Dowie did well at Palace, his record the last two seasons has been underwhelming to say the least.

McLeish, well we have been down the scottish route already. Do we really need any more old firm rejects in our squad?

I'd add Worthington to the list, did a good job at Norwich and seemed as though he ws treated harshly from the outside.

I really don't know, thankfully I don't have to make the decision. I'll have a think and let you know if I come up with anything.

well I dont buy you employ substandard managers imply because they realistic, if a quality manager is hard to get they hard to get, you up the salary etc. to get them.

Remember we couldnt attract harry redknapp but manderic managed to bring him to a club in the lower reaches of this very division. Dont under estimate him.

I'd put money on Iain Dowie becoming the next Leicester manager but I'm suprised no one has mentioned Steve Cotterill of Burnley.

Seems to be doing very well with Burnley... why come to a struggling side like Leicester? He'd make an excellent manager but to be honest i cant see why he'd want to come, Dowie or, perhaps, Newell seem like the most likley to come in, should the takeover go through.

Then they'll only need to be good enough for Div 4 by then. :ph34r:

That's not up to the standards we expect though. And Thracian will be turning in his grave by then because our academy is at such a high standard atm :ph34r::P

In all seriousness, this season we're going to need somebody with the credentials to stave off relegation, whilst at the same time being able to plan for the future (i.e next season and the season after). If anybody has suggestions as to who that would be, then feel free to tell me, because I'm struggling to think of a realistic target capable of this who'd actually want to come to us.

I honestly can't believe that Ranieri is winning this poll! I read earlier on another post that Kelly should read this forum because most people speak sense...That doesn't seem like the case to me!

The Championship (having been living dangerously for 3 seasons now, so we should really know) is a league where anybody can beat anybody and the games are usually extremely tight. Ranieri has been out of work since February 2005, only lasted 8 months at Valencia and hasn't been in English management for 2 and a half years. Please tell me how this would help us:-

"Ranieri was criticised for not playing Argentinean playmaker Pablo Aimar and persistent changes to formations and tactics, something carried forward by him from his Chelsea days. He was sacked on February 25, 2005 after Valencia were knocked out of the UEFA Cup by Steaua Bucharest."

That doesn't seem too clever to me!

(although to be fair at least he would change the team a little!)

Curbishley would be the ultimate target and I believe that after him saying he needed a new challenge he would be interested. However, I am sure if he was it would be completely dependant on Milan and his Millions to give him a transfer kitty in January to give us a chance of a top half finsih this season and better next year. I can't see any of the "big" premiership teams giving Curbishley a go, because as proved when the England managers position came up for grabs he is seen as unfashionable. Can you really see Curbs at Chelsea, Man Utd or Arsenal if their managers left suddenly?!

Anyway, just my thoughts on the matter wonder if anybody agrees!!!!?

I honestly can't believe that Ranieri is winning this poll! I read earlier on another post that Kelly should read this forum because most people speak sense...That doesn't seem like the case to me!

The Championship (having been living dangerously for 3 seasons now, so we should really know) is a league where anybody can beat anybody and the games are usually extremely tight. Ranieri has been out of work since February 2005, only lasted 8 months at Valencia and hasn't been in English management for 2 and a half years. Please tell me how this would help us:-

"Ranieri was criticised for not playing Argentinean playmaker Pablo Aimar and persistent changes to formations and tactics, something carried forward by him from his Chelsea days. He was sacked on February 25, 2005 after Valencia were knocked out of the UEFA Cup by Steaua Bucharest."

Curbishley would be the ultimate target and I believe that after him saying he needed a new challenge he would be interested. However, I am sure if he was it would be completely dependant on Milan and his Millions to give him a transfer kitty in January to give us a chance of a top half finsih this season and better next year. I can't see any of the "big" premiership teams giving Curbishley a go, because as proved when the England managers position came up for grabs he is seen as unfashionable. Can you really see Curbs at Chelsea, Man Utd or Arsenal if their managers left suddenly?!

Raneri's time at Valencia was just a joke from start to finish.

WOW you've thought about that post! :appl: lovin the effort

Ranieri was put in the choices as it had been discussed on another forum and his name cropped up.

Ranieri Is the official "tinkerman" and there are many post on this site that suggest that RK should change formations & tactics aswell as the odd player. So in this instance CR's approach is being called for by LCFC fans. (agree that he is not coming tho)

Curbishley............ ok Curbs wants a top job he left CAFC, who were a mid table overachieving team who he had took from well about where we are now! Why just ask yourself? He wants a top job did not say where can not see a man u having him but maybe a newcastle, villa, or equivalent sort of sized team maybe even a valencia if he's lucky not that I care because he is not coming here!

I don't think he would encounter these sort of problems at Leicester!!!!

can you imagine....

Angry scenes decended over leicester city today when the red mist heated the loyal leave early(couln't resist) Leicester Fanatics when once again, when Josh Low was an Unused substitute. One fan screamed "He's the new Maradona he is he going to save us, and turn it all around" Low although disturbed by Ranieri's tinkering and delighful yet strange manner said"I just want to play my game"

The debate rages on

Well when you consider that over 37% of those that have voted have gone for either Ranieri or Redknapp I guess that says something, but I'm too polite to post it.

As far as 'sensible' suggestions go there's only one popular runner and that's Dowie, the next highest being keep Kelly followed by I haven't got a ********* clue.

Let's hope MM has more idea than our collective thoughts.

PS Rob If you read this forum, I shouldn't worry too much because despite your performance so far there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of competition, oh apart from Curbishly :P

I don't get the fascination with Dowie.

He promoted Palace a few years ago and proceeded to bring them back down again immediately.

Since then he's failed to reach the play-off final with the same Palace, and he's left Charlton in something of a hole which it seems they might struggle to recover from.

Get Him In!!! :banana:

edited to correct a factual error. :ph34r:

Apologies for any offence caused.

Archived