Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

Next manager

Manager options  

189 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as manager

• Keep Kelly
    • Jamie Redknapp
    • Iain Dowie
    • Nigel Clough
    • Joe Royle
    • Mike Newell
    • Super Steve Claridge
    • Claudio Ranieri
    • Alex McLeish
    • old player experianced coach duo
    • Any other i can't think of

I'm not sure who I want and who MM would want.

I can see MM either wanting a foreign manager or someone he's been linked with before. So McLeish and Curbs will be in the running. Whetehr either would even slightly be interested is debatable, I wouldn't want it if I were either of them!

Dowie has some excellent managerial attributes at this level, but if we are aiming for the premiership and to stay there, should we take on a manager who in his 2 seasons in that league has a relegation to his name and a sacking after 12-15 games?

Ranieri is a pipe dream. He is a little crazy, but not crazy enough to come to a crap championship team.

I like Steve Cotterill, not got a bad word to say about him other than his accent. Classed as a defensive coach, but still play 3 strikers in his starting XI and is doing well at Burnley.

Not a bad proposition, with the money MM brings could be a good choice!

I'm guessing Milan doesnt expect promotion this season. In which case he may as well keep RK. See how he does with a bit of money to spend.

Your possibly right, but then again he's shown no signs of improving us with what's he's had at his disposal this season and quite frankly he should have done. We are a million miles away from promotion under Kelly and this current squad. Players wise we have some quality, but they haven't been managed right and we play disgusting football that will never see us succeed even if we had the best striker in the country up front for us.

Kelly has got to go, I can't see him doing us justice even if he was given £5 million.

I think holding Palace's relegation as a black mark against Dowie is perhaps a touch harsh. Palace went into that season with the attitude of being in the Prem was an unexpected bonus, if we survive, great, if not, we've made some cash. Hurray! It wasn't as if they got completley crushed and were relegated long before the final day of the season.

As for Curbishley, I personally fail to see why we would become the kind of job he's interested in just because we have MM's cash. Since he'd more or less be doing exactly the same job as he did at Charlton. Try and get promoted. Try and survive. Try and establish. Ok, maybe he'd have more money, but seriously, there wouldn't be a whole heap of difference, and he did leave for a new challenge. Not just the same challenge in a nice shade of blue!

This poll actually beggers belief.

Ranieri FFS! Have a word, Douglas Hurd!!! I'd like to see him try and tinker with Andy Johnson or Josh Low and make a noticable difference to their imperious talent.

Redknapp!!! As in Jamie!!!??? To my knowledge, he's not even done a day's coaching in his life, never mind managing a side. Away trip to Burnley or early night with with missus? Hmm. Difficult one.

Clough!!! The Real Actual Nigel Clough??? About 18 years of doing nothing at Burton, and Mandaric is going to give him £10M to spend in January? So Albion are doing quite well this year? Well, I'm sorry but if you give an infinite amount of monkeys an infinite amount of Conference sides to manage, one of them is going to win it eventually.

You are all crazy in the coconut. :o

Ranieri's name came up on another forum and i thought it was an interesting suggestion, it prob wont happen but he has not come out and said anything about what he would or would not take as a new job, unlike curbs so that's why i put him on there.

I knew i would not please everyone as im not going to research every manager

Your possibly right, but then again he's shown no signs of improving us with what's he's had at his disposal this season and quite frankly he should have done. We are a million miles away from promotion under Kelly and this current squad. Players wise we have some quality, but they haven't been managed right and we play disgusting football that will never see us succeed even if we had the best striker in the country up front for us.

Kelly has got to go, I can't see him doing us justice even if he was given £5 million.

I think RK's days are numbered too. Consider this his last chance. If he cant make a significant improvement this season then sack him. If he does improve, give him 3 months into next season to gauge whether he is taking us in the right direction.

I think holding Palace's relegation as a black mark against Dowie is perhaps a touch harsh. Palace went into that season with the attitude of being in the Prem was an unexpected bonus, if we survive, great, if not, we've made some cash. Hurray! It wasn't as if they got completley crushed and were relegated long before the final day of the season.

As for Curbishley, I personally fail to see why we would become the kind of job he's interested in just because we have MM's cash. Since he'd more or less be doing exactly the same job as he did at Charlton. Try and get promoted. Try and survive. Try and establish. Ok, maybe he'd have more money, but seriously, there wouldn't be a whole heap of difference, and he did leave for a new challenge. Not just the same challenge in a nice shade of blue!

I wasn't going to use the relegation against Dowie, but the fact he's lasted 12-15 games at Charlton means perhaps it should be taken in to consideration that the premeirship is a level too high for Iain. He'd do a better job than any of the managers we've had in the past few years, but I was just weighing up whether we should gamble on a manager who hasn't cut it at the level MM will be wanting the club to compete at.

I'd personally like to see somebody with experience (Jim Smith perhaps?) take over as manager if Kelly were to be replaced. He knows many a person in the game and so I don't think he'd find it difficult to bring in players, and plus he has managed top flight teams before. Wouldn't be a bad acquisition imo.

I wasn't going to use the relegation against Dowie, but the fact he's lasted 12-15 games at Charlton means perhaps it should be taken in to consideration that the premeirship is a level too high for Iain. He'd do a better job than any of the managers we've had in the past few years, but I was just weighing up whether we should gamble on a manager who hasn't cut it at the level MM will be wanting the club to compete at.

It's certainly possible. However, is the 12 - 15 games he had at Charlton really long enough to judge his or anyone's merit as a Premiership manager? Or a manager for that matter. I would be inclined to say no myself. Of course, if we're looking for managers who are proven at the level that we, and MM wants to be at, I can't see many wanting to come to us right now. And I can't help but think that anyone who did, would be doing so because the job offers have long since dried up, and probably for a reason.

I'd personally like to see somebody with experience (Jim Smith perhaps?) take over as manager if Kelly were to be replaced. He knows many a person in the game and so I don't think he'd find it difficult to bring in players, and plus he has managed top flight teams before. Wouldn't be a bad acquisition imo.

Jim Smith won't have too many good things to say about MM, after he refused to allow Harry to bring JIm back to Pompey with him. Plus he's very, very old and i'd doubt whether he wants to move yet again.

Jim Smith won't have too many good things to say about MM, after he refused to allow Harry to bring JIm back to Pompey with him. Plus he's very, very old and i'd doubt whether he wants to move yet again.

Hmm guess I didn't think of that. I suppose you're right, he's probably closer to retirement than MM would like anyways. But if we could get somebody in with the sort of credentials Jim Smith or Harry Redknapp have, then we should do.

He's only in Oxford he might not have to move.

Not that I think it's a good idea in any way shape or form.

Have to get in on all this statting that's going around:

Keep in mind that these are for managers at a variety of levels and countries (for example there is a vast difference between Clough - Conference - and Ranieri - Champions League) and experience (for example between Smith - 1366 games - and Claridge - 23 games). The stats also don't reflect how much a manager has had to spend, what squad they were left with, whether they brought through any kids, whether they made any good signings, what their style of play was, if they actually achieved anything, whether they'd actually come here and all those other factors important when choosing a manager.

Average Points Per Game:

Claudio Ranieri - 1.79

Kevin Keegan - 1.76

Alex McLeish - 1.75

Nigel Clough - 1.63

Mike Newell - 1.59

Steve Cotterill - 1.54

Billy Davies - 1.48

Joe Royle - 1.452

Jim Smith - 1.451

Rob Kelly - 1.44

Iain Dowie - 1.43

Alan Curbishley - 1.40

Steve Claridge - 1.09

Win Percentage:

Nigel Clough - 54.3%

Claudio Ranieri - 51.9%

Kevin Keegan - 51.8%

Alex McLeish - 50.5%

Mike Newell - 44.4%

Steve Cotterill - 42.0%

Billy Davies - 39.6%

Joe Royle - 39.318%

Jim Smith - 39.311%

Iain Dowie - 38.7%

Rob Kelly - 38.5%

Alan Curbishley - 38.1%

Steve Claridge - 21.7%

Undefeated Percentage:

Nigel Clough - 82.0%

Claudio Ranieri - 75.3%

Alex McLeish - 74.1%

Kevin Keegan - 72.8%

Steve Cotterill - 69.7%

Mike Newell - 69.6%

Billy Davies - 68.6%

Rob Kelly - 66.7%

Joe Royle - 66.6%

Jim Smith - 66.5%

Iain Dowie - 65.8%

Steve Claridge - 65.2%

Alan Curbishley - 64.0%

(stats taken mostly from soccerbase, so there is always a chance of them being slightly incorrect, however not by much - also as I can't be bothered to go through every league table to compare, the cup games are counted in with the average points per game)

Keep in mind that these are for managers at a variety of levels and countries (for example there is a vast difference between Clough - Conference - and Ranieri - Champions League) and experience (for example between Smith - 1366 games - and Claridge - 23 games). The stats also don't reflect how much a manager has had to spend, what squad they were left with, whether they brought through any kids, whether they made any good signings, what their style of play was, if they actually achieved anything, whether they'd actually come here and all those other factors important when choosing a manager.

Average Points Per Game:

Claudio Ranieri - 1.79

Kevin Keegan - 1.76

Alex McLeish - 1.75

Nigel Clough - 1.63

Mike Newell - 1.59

Steve Cotterill - 1.54

Billy Davies - 1.48

Joe Royle - 1.452

Jim Smith - 1.451

Rob Kelly - 1.44

Iain Dowie - 1.43

Alan Curbishley - 1.40

Steve Claridge - 1.09

Win Percentage:

Nigel Clough - 54.3%

Claudio Ranieri - 51.9%

Kevin Keegan - 51.8%

Alex McLeish - 50.5%

Mike Newell - 44.4%

Steve Cotterill - 42.0%

Billy Davies - 39.6%

Joe Royle - 39.318%

Jim Smith - 39.311%

Iain Dowie - 38.7%

Rob Kelly - 38.5%

Alan Curbishley - 38.1%

Steve Claridge - 21.7%

Undefeated Percentage:

Nigel Clough - 82.0%

Claudio Ranieri - 75.3%

Alex McLeish - 74.1%

Kevin Keegan - 72.8%

Steve Cotterill - 69.7%

Mike Newell - 69.6%

Billy Davies - 68.6%

Rob Kelly - 66.7%

Joe Royle - 66.6%

Jim Smith - 66.5%

Iain Dowie - 65.8%

Steve Claridge - 65.2%

Alan Curbishley - 64.0%

(stats taken mostly from soccerbase, so there is always a chance of them being slightly incorrect, however not by much - also as I can't be bothered to go through every league table to compare, the cup games are counted in with the average points per game)

Translation: These stats are useless, and don't actually show us anything I just want to post some numbers. :D

Realistic? Ranieri?

Off t' loony bin with you. :whistle:

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Anyone who thinks Ranieri would leave Italy for the delights of the English lower leagues, no matter how much money Mandy offered him, is in serious need of psychiatric help!

ok some more realistic than others but he is most popular at the moment who is to say if MM were to be in charge than he would not come? :unsure:

Me, for one.

And probably Ranieri himself for another.

Mandy couldn't tempt him to manage Pompey in the Premiership, so is unlikely to succeed this time around.

Not saying he would come before people start on that :P although if Ranieri is in the hat...why not Sven? :smile::blush::mad::cry:

Why not, indeed? :D

As long as the FA carried on paying his salaries.

Getting real, it's a non-starter. Sven wouldn't want to manage in the lower leagues either.

“We are in the process of talking to Warnock's financial advisory people,â€Â

Oh my god, can you imagine if that **** rocks up at the Stade de Walkers!!!!

I hope Mandy makes a will first... :rolleyes:

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Anyone who thinks Ranieri would leave Italy for the delights of the English lower leagues, no matter how much money Mandy offered him, is in serious need of psychiatric help!

Me, for one.

And probably Ranieri himself for another.

Mandy couldn't tempt him to manage Pompey in the Premiership, so is unlikely to succeed this time around.

Why not, indeed? :D

As long as the FA carried on paying his salaries.

Getting real, it's a non-starter. Sven wouldn't want to manage in the lower leagues either.

Buy Ultras book, "Stating The Obvious In Words and Smilies" for someone you love this Christmas.

Average Points Per Game:

Claudio Ranieri - 1.79

Kevin Keegan - 1.76

Alex McLeish - 1.75

Nigel Clough - 1.63

Mike Newell - 1.59

Win Percentage:

Nigel Clough - 54.3%

Claudio Ranieri - 51.9%

Kevin Keegan - 51.8%

Alex McLeish - 50.5%

Since when has Alex McLeish managed in English football? :unsure:

Wouldn't he be in EXACTLY the same position as Craig Levein was two years ago?? :rolleyes:

Since when has Alex McLeish managed in English football? :unsure:

Wouldn't he be in EXACTLY the same position as Craig Levein was two years ago?? :rolleyes:

Err she cleary states that all managers have manages at differnt levels, obviously this is his record in all competitve matches inc Europe.

She's also just putting the figures across, not making a point for us to appoint McLeish.

Archived