Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

Next manager

Manager options  

189 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as manager

• Keep Kelly
    • Jamie Redknapp
    • Iain Dowie
    • Nigel Clough
    • Joe Royle
    • Mike Newell
    • Super Steve Claridge
    • Claudio Ranieri
    • Alex McLeish
    • old player experianced coach duo
    • Any other i can't think of

I'm still waiting to hear someone suggest an innovative and inspiring manager who will get his teams to play with some swagger. Keegan's unlikely, we've missed out on Davies and looking at most of the other suspects I'm still with Beaglehole.

Not very fashionable but then I've never been a follower of fashion. Football's the same wherever you play it...all about getting more goals than the opposition.

That's exactly what the Beagle sets out to do. Why make it more complicated?.

I've been quite interested in one or two of Dowie's ideas - he seems an intelligent bloke - but if he can't cope with the man-management then, rather like Kelly I suspect, he's not nearly as clever as he needs to be.

Gary Mac's been mentioned but what's he got in his managerial locker to impress the world?

Curbishley won't be tempted to Leicester because there's no sense whatever in him moving so far down market, Jamie Redknapp's got no pedigree at all in management, Mike Newell has ridiculed himself so where are the really compelling candidates?.

I like Beaglehole just from what I've seen with my own eyes. I was also talking to someone at the club who reckons he's always been successful with young players. And that, to me, is what we want for the future. You get energy and ambition from young players - and durability too.

If we're going to get some experience it needs to be quality experience - people the kids would look up to like Hendrie, Berger etc. Not people who may still live football in their minds but have bodies that want to give up.

Beaglehole, don't make me laugh. Anyway I thought Rudkin was the main man with the Under 18's? Or is he just the public voice for the academy?. We've already given the manager's job to a bloke who's only success has come as an academy coach and look where that has got us?

If the best options are deemed unobtainable then I would rather we had a manager who has been successful in league 1 or 2 over a manager who has failed in this league or the premiership. Dowie is living off a one good 6 month period and he should have got palace promoted with johnson in the line up after they came down. His record with charlton was abysmal and should be scaring people.

Reading this thread is similar to painting a big circle in the middle of field using only your bare hands and a cow pat, and then running round it endlessly whilst sniffing your hands.

The sensible option would be to put a peg on your nose.

If the best options are deemed unobtainable then I would rather we had a manager who has been successful in league 1 or 2 over a manager who has failed in this league or the premiership. Dowie is living off a one good 6 month period and he should have got palace promoted with johnson in the line up after they came down. His record with charlton was abysmal and should be scaring people.

Which six month period are you on about because Dowie achieved three play-off places in four years as a manager? Enough of this anti-Dowie fantasy please. The reality of the situation is that Dowie is being slagged off for three bad months at Charlton. As some half-wits were giving a certain Mr O'Neill the same brain dead analysis of his first three months at City, I would have thought a little caution might be exercised through that experience. Sacking a manager after 12 games says more about the plonkers who gave him the job in the first place rather than Dowie himself.

I'll stick by my predictions, only with Newell being investigated and Luton having done so poorly (until last week), it seems more and more likley that MM would probably opt for Dowie... though my fear would be the same as Thracians in that i'm not sure how good his man managment is, however i would not suggest we have Rudkin or Beaglehole as anything other than a caretaker from the sacking of RK until the apiontment of his replacement.

If Dowie is a poor man manager, then get an assistant sorted who can complement him... Curbs wont come to city, Newell's credibility is hot and most "decent" managers are currently managing "decent" sides to "decent" results :rolleyes: ...Dowie would not be my first choice, but you could do much worse and we currently are (!)

Beaglehole, don't make me laugh. Anyway I thought Rudkin was the main man with the Under 18's? Or is he just the public voice for the academy?. We've already given the manager's job to a bloke who's only success has come as an academy coach and look where that has got us?

With respect Ric that's like saying we've signed one player from Celtic and he was crap - I never want to sign another.

I can't think of any way in which Beaglehole's approach to football is similar to Kelly's - it's like comparing a tablemat with a magic carpet as far as football for the eye is concerned.

And like I mentioned, word down at Leicester was that he'd been just as successful elsewhere. He would have excellent knowledge of every young player around these last few years.

If some guy had just arrived on the scene at Doncaster, Wycombe or any number of places, people would be touting their names as an up and coming young manager.

All I'm saying is don't ignore what we've already got - for the sake of someone who might sound more glamorous.

I'm all for higher profile as you know. But some of the names mentioned don't convince me at all. In fact there are very few managers who seem to promise the kind of football I'd like to see...the sort Keegan produced if you like.

Well Beaglehole's been the nearest to it I've seen, outside the Premiership. And people like Ian Dowie aren't going to provide it. Though he might provide the sort of football some believe is the only way to get out of this League.

Ric: Beaglehole, don't make me laugh. Anyway I thought Rudkin was the main man with the Under 18's? Or is he just the public voice for the academy?. We've already given the manager's job to a bloke who's only success has come as an academy coach and look where that has got us?

You missed this bit Thracian. I've always wondered this too.

Ta.

Reading this thread is similar to painting a big circle in the middle of field using only your bare hands and a cow pat, and then running round it endlessly whilst sniffing your hands.

If I understand this correctly Manwell, I believe it means you want the David Oldfield/Lee Philpott/Gary Mills dream ticket I was just about to suggest.

Well that's 2 of us agreeing which puts it way out in front as the best/most popular option.

Simple fact is it's not up to us and whatever the decision I am going to support it because after Saturday's dismal performance and the body language from the majority of the players whoever it is is going to need all the help he can get simply to keep us in the championship.

RK has reached the end limit of his capabilities though, and he knows his days are numbered, MM is too cute to risk leaving him in charge a moment longer than he has to.

I would love to see a young upcoming manager here but we don't have time to mess about!

Archived