Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

Next manager

Manager options  

189 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as manager

• Keep Kelly
    • Jamie Redknapp
    • Iain Dowie
    • Nigel Clough
    • Joe Royle
    • Mike Newell
    • Super Steve Claridge
    • Claudio Ranieri
    • Alex McLeish
    • old player experianced coach duo
    • Any other i can't think of

How'd you like these apples?

Aidy Boothroyd :)

He has experience of getting teams out this division.

The same experience that the fascinating Iain Dowie has. :thumbup:

So does Nigel Worthington. :thumbup:

Boothroyd is absolute quality, no denying that. Watford to Leicester though? Premiership to near League One? I think not :cry:

Good call though mate, Boothroyd can do the biz just as good as, if not better than Iain Dowie :thumbup::yesyes:

What about Alan Knill, he's done well enough with Rotherham, even in administration he has managed to sign good enough players, without the point deduction they would be in the play-offs. In pre-season they had only 7 professional footballers at the club.

I don't get the fascination with Dowie.

He promoted Palace a few years ago and proceeded to bring them back down again immediately.

Since then he's failed to reach the play-offs with the same Palace, and he's left Charlton in something of a hole which it seems they might struggle to recover from.

Get Him In!!! :banana:

Agreed.

I've just seen this thread - not read all of it, but from the results I'm astounded that Ranieri, Redknapp and Dowie top the list.

People moan about the fact that Kelly shouldn't have been given the LCFC as his first management job - and then the same people are voting for Redknapp, who has very little coaching experience never mind management.

Dowie had one outstanding season at Palace, did well at Oldham - but since then has been nothing but average. He spent millions at Charlton and look at them now. He's definitely not the man for this job.

Ranieri's name is just ludicrous. Why on earth would he come to Leicester when he's managed some of the top teams in the continent? :blink: Plus, when has he proved himself as a manager who can wheel and deal? Some Leicester fans are living in cloud cuckoo land if they genuinely think a) we could entice Ranieri and b) he'd actually lower himself to manage us.

We're a poor team and a poorly run club- we aren't going to get a massive name like Ranieri.

Of all those on the list I'd like Joe Royle, he seems the most sensible of options and has a fairly decent track record. Plus his teams tend to play good football so we might even enjoy watching matches for a change.

Anyone who wants Dowie needs their head looking at, IMHO.

Not saying he'd be the best choice, but he'd be a likley pick if MM goes looking for a new manager over X-mass, beyond that Newell perhaps, Curbs in a perfect world... but who else is there? :unsure: (most good managers are in the middle of good runs, with good clubs... why come to City?).

Why the assumption that Curbishley would be so good here?

Although I agree he is a decent candidate, having read this board, an onlooker could be excused for believing he's a perfect, no fail, candidate.

Curbishley won't come here. Why would he? He could get a better job at pretty much the drop of a hat.

What is Lawrie Sanchez doing these days?

Agreed.

I've just seen this thread - not read all of it, but from the results I'm astounded that Ranieri, Redknapp and Dowie top the list.

Ah! The voice of reason we've been in desperate need of. ;) ;) :thumbup:

Thank You. :P

I'd take one of Joe Royle, Andy Ritchie or Martin Allen.

Anyone who wants Dowie needs their head looking at, IMHO.

That makes three of us in the anti-Dowie camp then? :ph34r:

Not sure about Joe Royle, I mean he's done stuff, but I'm not sure if he could do stuff again?

Andy Ritchie I don't know squat about - Doncaster is he? Fill me in please, someone! lol

Martin Allen's name came up before, and quite a large body of opinion formed in his favour. I'd be interested to learn more about him. :thumbup:

Andy Ritchie was at Barnsley. Took them from underperforming league one underachievers with a few overpaid wasters on their books to an organised yet enterprising cohesive attacking unit. Won promotion to the Championship when he lost a few of his better players. His inability to sufficiently strengthen meant that Barnsley found themselves struggling and despite some good performances, Ritchie was relieved of his duties.

Martin Allen, as far as I know, which isn't that much actually, got a pool of players of admittedly fairly limited ability, playing good attacking football. He demands 100% from his team and seemed to get Brentford ticking.

Don't know too much about the 'careers' of these two otherwise and no doubt some will cry 'inexperience'... they make a point I suppose but I thought I'd throw them in to the mix.

The chap at Rorvum has done well too, bearing in mind they started on -10 and he's basically had no money to play with. They play a fairly direct game, but it's effective and he's got Will Hoskins scoring. Tight, compact unit who are more effective than pretty. Gotta be better than ugly and ineffective though.

Why the assumption that Curbishley would be so good here?

Although I agree he is a decent candidate, having read this board, an onlooker could be excused for believing he's a perfect, no fail, candidate.

Curbishley won't come here. Why would he? He could get a better job at pretty much the drop of a hat.

What is Lawrie Sanchez doing these days?

Still at N.I

Still at N.I

Not sure how realistic, but wouldn't be a bad appointment in my view.

Tactically sound and knows how to both organise and motivate a team.

Not sure what he's like in the transfer market though.

What do you reckon Manwell?

1) Qualities as a manager?

2) Likelihood of him

a) Leaving NI post to manage us under MM if asked?

b) Doing both jobs.

Not sure how realistic, but wouldn't be a bad appointment in my view.

Tactically sound and knows how to both organise and motivate a team.

Not sure what he's like in the transfer market though.

What do you reckon Manwell?

1) Qualities as a manager?

2) Likelihood of him

a) Leaving NI post to manage us under MM if asked?

b) Doing both jobs.

Seems to do well when he's the underdog, Wycombes FA cup run, as well as NI beating Spain and us show this. At club level he's very unproven and didn't do that well for Wycombe, his only club job. He's Still fairly unexperinced.

He wont leave NI and they wont want him to go. And I don't think we would want him either.

Seems to do well when he's the underdog, Wycombes FA cup run, as well as NI beating Spain and us show this. At club level he's very unproven and didn't do that well for Wycombe, his only club job. He's Still fairly unexperinced.

He wont leave NI and they wont want him to go. And I don't think we would want him either.

Having a bloke with a name like Lawrie dirty Sanchez as boss doesn't appeal to me. :ph34r:

I agree that Aidy Boothroyd is a highly promising young manager. But he is exactly where Dowie was a couple of years ago. If, or rather when, Watford get relegated and fail to come back up first time (as Dowie experienced) Boothroyd will probably join the list of "useless" managers which Iain Dowie has inexplicably joined. Sure, dislike the man if you like but don't make the mistake of writing Dowie off just yet. I've a feeling he's gonna make a mug of some of the mugs on here, whether it be with City or elsewhere.

I agree that Aidy Boothroyd is a highly promising young manager. But he is exactly where Dowie was a couple of years ago. If, or rather when, Watford get relegated and fail to come back up first time (as Dowie experienced) Boothroyd will probably join the list of "useless" managers which Iain Dowie has inexplicably joined. Sure, dislike the man if you like but don't make the mistake of writing Dowie off just yet. I've a feeling he's gonna make a mug of some of the mugs on here, whether it be with City or elsewhere.

:thumbup:

It's very rare that managers don't have a period of time where they are made to look crap. Dowie did well at Palace, there's no reason why he couldn't do that again elsewhere and at a higher level. The only drawback I find with Dowie is the alledged poor man-managment skills he has.

I don't get the fascination with Dowie.

He promoted Palace a few years ago and proceeded to bring them back down again immediately.

Since then he's failed to reach the play-offs with the same Palace, and he's left Charlton in something of a hole which it seems they might struggle to recover from.

Get Him In!!! :banana:

I must have dreamt it, but i'm sure Palace were in the play-offs last season? Got beaten by Watford in the semi-final?. :D

I must have dreamt it, but i'm sure Palace were in the play-offs last season? Got beaten by Watford in the semi-final?. :D

I stand corrected.

I assumed that since we managed to beat them 2-0, they couldn't possibly have made the play-offs at the end of the season. lol

And relegation from the Premiership on the last day of the season wasn't that shabby with Palace's underequipped squad.

So Dowie's 4 years odd record of management is three play-offs and one relegation. Must be crap then!!!

That list is laughable with one exception.... Ian Dowie

Redknapp...what the feck?

Ranieri??? ... are you daft with diesel fumes?

Claridge? Grrrreat!

If anyone is old enough to remember Willie Whitelaw... for all his faults he had one brilliant saying..

"When you're in sh1t, you need a bloody good pair of boots"

Dowie for me has the ability to get us up, after that, who knows!

Kelly is a simpering fool who cannot pick a team or install confidence in a team of players that are as good as any in this league and has systematically taken the wind out of 2/3 of the most promising young strikers in the country!

GET HIM OUT, GET DOWIE IN.

Sorted

FACT!

I'm still waiting to hear someone suggest an innovative and inspiring manager who will get his teams to play with some swagger. Keegan's unlikely, we've missed out on Davies and looking at most of the other suspects I'm still with Beaglehole.

Not very fashionable but then I've never been a follower of fashion. Football's the same wherever you play it...all about getting more goals than the opposition.

That's exactly what the Beagle sets out to do. Why make it more complicated?.

I've been quite interested in one or two of Dowie's ideas - he seems an intelligent bloke - but if he can't cope with the man-management then, rather like Kelly I suspect, he's not nearly as clever as he needs to be.

Gary Mac's been mentioned but what's he got in his managerial locker to impress the world?

Curbishley won't be tempted to Leicester because there's no sense whatever in him moving so far down market, Jamie Redknapp's got no pedigree at all in management, Mike Newell has ridiculed himself so where are the really compelling candidates?.

I like Beaglehole just from what I've seen with my own eyes. I was also talking to someone at the club who reckons he's always been successful with young players. And that, to me, is what we want for the future. You get energy and ambition from young players - and durability too.

If we're going to get some experience it needs to be quality experience - people the kids would look up to like Hendrie, Berger etc. Not people who may still live football in their minds but have bodies that want to give up.

hmmmmmmm if jamie were to come i would not be surprised to see a couple of loan players from portsmouth turn up in january and possibly a decent coach too , though we would have to keep an eye out for any dodgy dealers hanging around the ground waiting for bungs :ph34r:

Archived