Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Louis 'Goals' Dodds

Should Doddsy be given a chance?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Is it time he was drafted in to the first team?

• Yes
    • No
    • Never seen him play, so not sure

Our team is in the shitter, shipping goals and not scoring many. Should we throw in our most prolific youth team striker since Heskey to try and solve the problem or not? I think it's well overdue, how others in our academy have been given a chance and he hasn't is beggars belief. Kelly rates him aswell, either that or he's a liar as he's said himself he's got a big future here and he's the best finisher at the club.

I say go for broke and bollock him in there. He's a fearless kind of lad, won't have any worries about ripping in a 25 yarder past Murray if need be.

Vote.

Fryatt's totally unfit/off the boil/uncommitted at present. We need a natural finisher up front - preferably with someone who can create space besides him/around him.

Hume can probably do the making-of-space trick, leaving Dodds to finish with a cool demeanour. If that's too much of an ask for Hume himself, get Elvis in the starting line-up too - a 3 man attack with Hume the link between Elvis/Dodds and the so called 'midfield'.

I voted Yes, in case you couldn't tell. :P

It's high time a lad with such a record was tested where it counts - the first team. Shame he's probably fallen short of full match fitness again since his recall (which has so far served no purpose it seems).

Fryatt's totally unfit/off the boil/uncommitted at present. We need a natural finisher up front - preferably with someone who can create space besides him/around him.

Hume can probably do the making-of-space trick, leaving Dodds to finish with a cool demeanour. If that's too much of an ask for Hume himself, get Elvis in the starting line-up too - a 3 man attack with Hume the link between Elvis/Dodds and the so called 'midfield'.

I voted Yes, in case you couldn't tell. :P

It's high time a lad with such a record was tested where it counts - the first team. Shame he's probably fallen short of full match fitness again since his recall (which has so far served no purpose it seems).

I think the option you were looking for was option three :whistle:

I think the option you were looking for was option three :whistle:

That'd be the logical choice perhaps, but I still think he should be given a go.

When you've so much uselessness in one squad, you might as well try alternatives.

My unbridled enthusiasm for trying new things overrules the fact I've yet to see him play. :P

Besides... if it was down to people who had actually seen him to vote Yes or No, there'd be perhaps 10 votes at most. Not much of a poll, that. :P

I've never seen him play, so can't make much of an informed judgement, but I'd say stick him on the bench first. Don't just throw him in at the deep end.

The other strikers aren't scoring, and considering how many Dodds has got at youth and reserve level for us, and Kelly saying he is the most natural finisher at the club, then I can't see why we don't give him a go. Dodds has proved himself at youth and reserve level, so surely first team is the next step. If we don't give our best players from those levels a chance at some point, then what's the point in having those teams?

Although having said that, him being a "natural finisher" may not help us much at the moment, since it's not really like we're creating plenty of chances anyway.

So kind of an on the fence answer from me, but really I think he should at least be given a chance from the bench at some point soon.

No question for me. He's got a greater range of potential goals than Fryatt from what I've and seems to be a better team player. Like Hume and Hammond, he'll think nothing of fetching the ball from midfield - but quietly - he's no flash harry except where it matters.

I'd play him from the start, same as Hammond and Hume. In fact I'd do all I could to make sure we had 11 fit starters but cannot imagine I'd get that that lucky with the state of our squad.

At the end of the day whats the point in a youth team if the strikers aren't going to be given a chance. I think Dodd's should maybe given 30 minutes to see how he gets on. We really need for our strikers to establish a goal scoring partnership and we know that Hume/Fryatt and Hume/Hammond doesn't get us enough goals.

At the end of the day whats the point in a youth team if the strikers aren't going to be given a chance. I think Dodd's should maybe given 30 minutes to see how he gets on. We really need for our strikers to establish a goal scoring partnership and we know that Hume/Fryatt and Hume/Hammond doesn't get us enough goals.

I think he needs to start a few matches. When youngsters are bought on with 5 or 10 mins left it's hard for them and you can't really get them to settle in. Give him 5 or 6 starts and if he's any worse than Elvis then at least everyone will know whether he'll make it or not.

Play all the youth team and send the whole squad of overpaid scumbags on a tour of duty in Iraq. They will either come back with a bit more appreciation for what they have, or certain ones will have been shot. I can thing of a few who wouldn't be missed....

I think he needs to start a few matches. When youngsters are bought on with 5 or 10 mins left it's hard for them and you can't really get them to settle in. Give him 5 or 6 starts and if he's any worse than Elvis then at least everyone will know whether he'll make it or not.

We'll agree to disagree about Elvis but you're dead right about Dodds needing to start.

It's not use giving him dribs and drabs.

Others have had chances and now Dodds should be given his. But one game won't prove anything. He needs the chance to fit into a steady team and system plus time to adapt.

Given some encouragement, some attacking players to back him up and the promise of a realistic opportunity we will soon see if he's our natural second striker, a good supporting striker or simply not up to it at all, though I do wish Kelly had found out sooner.

And people like Fryatt, Elvis or even O'Grady can't complain at all. Whatever any of them might think, the goals record of all three this season gives them no argument at all despite the fact that Hammond, at least, has looked fit and put in some effort.

We'll agree to disagree about Elvis but you're dead right about Dodds needing to start.

It's not use giving him dribs and drabs.

Others have had chances and now Dodds should be given his. But one game won't prove anything. He needs the chance to fit into a steady team and system plus time to adapt.

Given some encouragement, some attacking players to back him up and the promise of a realistic opportunity we will soon see if he's our natural second striker, a good supporting striker or simply not up to it at all, though I do wish Kelly had found out sooner.

And people like Fryatt, Elvis or even O'Grady can't complain at all. Whatever any of them might think, the goals record of all three this season gives them no argument at all despite the fact that Hammond, at least, has looked fit and put in some effort.

Thing is wont a weak midfield jeapordise Dodds performance?

Thing is wont a weak midfield jeapordise Dodds performance?

Depends who plays. I've long opposed two hasslers in midfield as I call em. But King/Hughes/Porter or King/Williams/Porter or Hughes/Williams/Porter shouldn't have less chance of success than Stearman/Hughes/Tiatto which might be a bit more physical but will never create enough of the goals we need.

And where is all the physical aggression getting Danny anyway? He's forever injured. So far this season he has been a part-time footballer and it was the same last season. And having the carry the main attacking midfield role is too much for Hughes. He'll be much better with two from Williams//Porter/King around him.

Yes, Tiatto's been there to be counted when he has been around but if we're going to have senior players, they need to be both good and there for us.

I've only seen him palyer a couple of reserve games but that doesn't impact on my decision at all, which would be Yes.

Basically his potential precedes him based on RK's own testimony, also if we signed another striker tomorrow there would be just as good a chance that I might have only seen them a couple of times if at all but that wouldn't make me want to not play him.

I wouldn't know how good Dodds is as I have never seen him play, but if he's as good as some people on here say he is, then I can't see the problem with him being brought in. Especially with Fryatt playing so badly, Elvis being offside a lot and COG doing whatever he's doing. We're in need of something new, something fresh, and if Dodds is that, get him in :D

Definitely yes, he can't do much worse than the crock of shite we have at the minute.

I have seen him play in lots of reserve games last season and he is a clinical finisher. Why don't we also put Eric Odihobalobagobambo on the bench - he didn't do too badly against Villa.

Archived