Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Barnsley Heading for a sell out

Do you believe it  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Sell Out or Not

• Yes
    • No Way
    • What's a Sell Out
    • don't Care I'll be in the Pub/Xmas Shopping etc
    • Not another Bloody Poll

Leicester City boss Rob Kelly today hailed Foxes fans after the club confirmed that Saturday's Championship clash against Barnsley was heading for a sell out.

Just 3,000 tickets remain in public home areas inside the stadium for the game - and those seats are expected to be snapped up by supporters by the middle of the week.

And Kelly confirmed that a full house would only help to spur on his players against the Tykes.

He said: "It's a terrific effort from our supporters - especially given the fact that money is tight at this time of year.

"We played in front of big crowds against both Crystal Palace and Aston Villa and performed well. It was obvious that the atmosphere inside the stadium for both of those games gave the players a real lift.

"It's our job to give the fans something to shout about. Hopefully they will then make the atmosphere inside the Walkers as intimidating as they can."

A City spokesperson added: "We would normally expect to sell at least 3,000 tickets in the week building up to a Championship game, but demand has been such that we could probably double that number.

"We would therefore advise supporters to purchase their tickets at the earliest possible opportunity to avoid disappointment."

Tickets are priced at just £1 for under 16s, £5 for adult season ticket holders, £8 for members and £10 for adult non-season ticket holders for the pre-Christmas fixture.

Tickets can be purchased by contacting the ticket office by e-mail at [email protected], by telephone on 0870 499 1884, by post at The Ticket Office, Walkers Stadium, Filbert Way, Leicester LE2 7FL or in person at the main ticket office.

Alternatively, tickets can be purchased through the 24-hour e-ticketing facility.

To be honest, it wouldnt suprise me. With tickets that cheap, it may well sell-out, but there will probably be a lot of 'younger' fans, so i dont think the atmosphere will be up to that much

im guessing a large part of the sellout :rolleyes: crowd will be youngsters too. then again im expecting a dour two all draw in freezing conditions that will have some youngsters not wanting to be punished by being sent to the walkers again lol

well we can assume the away fans aren't going to sell their tickets, protesting and all. i can't see it selling out anyway

Agree. Whether the away fans boycott in numbers or not, I imagine that'll still be a couple of thousand tickets set aside for them not counted in the 'sellout'. Basically what the club are saying at the moment is that they've sold 26k tickets (including ST holders, some of which will probably be off xmas shopping anyway).

Tigers are playing at the same time so i'll go there this week, went city last time this happened. You'd think they'd sort out the fixture clashes, nobs.

Oh God - parking is gonna be a nightmare then with the Tigers and excess number of shoppers around town. Gonna have to leave early for this one i think!

Archived