Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Most underrated album

For me, Coming On Strong, the first album by Hot Chip. Tune after tune after tune. Funky and beautiful. Love all the songs for all their little nuances and can't listen to one song without wanting to hear the whole album. Much prefer it to The Warning, released this year making them famous and which was Mercury Music Prize-shortlisted.

Discusseth, s'il vous plait?

Warning - Green Day

I'd probably go with Nimrod, loved that CD back in the day when Dookie was still receiving all the hype. Both great CD's though, it's a shame they didn't reach those kind of heights again ;)

The Weakerthans - Left and Leaving.

Godspeed You Black Emporer - Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven. Genius.

I'd probably go with Nimrod, loved that CD back in the day when Dookie was still receiving all the hype. Both great CD's though, it's a shame they didn't reach those kind of heights again ;)

Oh aye Nimrod is my favourite album of theirs, absolutely brilliant.

I've just heard people say Warning is really bad, but it's got some really good songs on I reckon.

The Weakerthans - Left and Leaving.

Godspeed You Black Emporer - Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven. Genius.

I would have said reconstruction site a totally awesome album that STILL nobody seems to have ever heard, one of the best albums for many years imo

The Correct Use of Soap by Magazine

Travelogue by The Human League

Real to Real Cacophony and Life in a Day by The Simple Minds

Press the Eject and Give me the Tape by Bauhaus

Goodbye Jumbo by World Party

Freedom-No Compromise by Little Steven

Yeah, althouh Simple Minds' best album is Sons and Fascination/Sister Feelings Call Double album. Also any later stuff by Talk Talk !! David Sylvian's stuff springs to mind too :thumbup:

Warning - Green Day

Bleach - Nirvana

Be Here Now - Oasis

:dunno:

Thought I would be the only one always liked that album despite its reviews.

Flood - They Might be Giants (maybe not 'underrated' but definitely never acheived the fame or sales it should have done)

The record that I love which no one has heard would be:

"Mutemath" by, erm, Mutemath.

www.mutemath.com

They could also go in the "will be huge this year" thread. Playing a run of UK dates end of Feb. Everyone should check them out....

Hard-Fi - Stars of CCTV

Yes Hard-fi are not that underrated and in 2006 did get in the limelight a bit but I think they desrve great credit for this album, I love it.

Yes, I think your choice of album is hard to beat.

(Please note that I made that comment to make a pun, not because I agree with you.)

Yes, I think your choice of album is hard to beat.

(Please note that I made that comment to make a pun, not because I agree with you.)

i think you should like them, because you're the spit of the singer. and reece off of hollyoaks

Spirit of Eden - Talk Talk

Camphor - David Sylvian

Music for Films Volume 1 - Passengers (U2 and other artists) - loved that album.

Cosmic Game - Thievery Corporation

Londinium - Archive

I don't know why, is it because I'm listening to it now (?), but I've always loved the voice of Jimmy Somerville and currently listening to The Greatest Hits of Bronski Beat - they weren't bad actually :ph34r:

:D

Manic street preachers - Lifeblood

That album came and went without much notice but its a classic.I Wasent a fan of the manics before i heard this album.

CKY-Infiltrate.Destroy.rebuild.

Recommended to me by a mate but i was put of by the fact id never heard of them before and the album name was a bit dodgy,but its one of my favorite albums and its never far away in my car,ipod etc...

Archived