Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Leicester V Fulham - post match comments

In the cold and sober light of day:

As much as I welcome the result and the positives from yesterday - we relied on long ball punts to no one, or punts to players unable to control the ball and hold it up. Plus, we never attack down the left wing giving their RB an easy afternoon...until the dieing moments of the game. In fact, our use of the wings was very poor.

I felt their opener flew in the face of the game, but Kelly seemed unable to come and motivate or construct anything as we then fell under the cosh. For the period following both of their goals we looked woeful in the tackle and passing.

Where was Kelly during this time because he sure as hell wasn't on the touchline barking orders?

It seemed that Fulham, so used to the counter-attack, were ill-equipped to put us to the sword. I thought they were very average - Preston caused us more problems than them and Colchester defended better.

The substitutions appear to have changed the run of events, and I guess that may have been telling, but let's see how these players cope with the demands of the league again. Will they maintain that level of fight to their game? Will Kelly be able to make something of it this time, unlike the feisty spirit on display against Villa?

I hope he can and they do...

I really wouldn't read anything into yesterday's game

It was a "one off" as results up and down the country show.

Let's wait until Saturday,that's the real test and ultimately much more important!

i was just responding to daves/louis walsh's comments . i thought it was a great game and i couldn't see the reason for the negativity.

Not really I disagree - we played some excellent pass and move football - the likes not seen all this season so far

wow...that's it then..a scrappy draw at home against a less than average premiership side is the new holy grail...praise be we are bound for the promised land.... :P

The Guardian probably meant to say Porter needed an MOT. :ph34r:

Not really I disagree - we played some excellent pass and move football - the likes not seen all this season so far

...and that's the beauty of opinion :thumbup: Excellent pass and move? Not really, but I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. :)

The Guardian probably meant to say Porter needed an MOT. :ph34r:

:appl::D

wow...that's it then..a scrappy draw at home against a less than average premiership side is the new holy grail...praise be we are bound for the promised land.... :P

I doubt anyone thinks that - but for people who watched against Southampton and Sunderland it was a reason to be at least temporarily cheerful.

I've always had my reasons for believing the views of this forum get back to the club and today was more than interesting...

a) Kelly didn't pick a single player who looked unfit.

b) Kelly seemed to approach the game with a positive attitude - the way I believe he gained success as a youth coach at Blackburn.

c) There was passing, moving and support for each other.

d) Porter was used much more as a wide attacker instead of a supplementary defender.

e) Hughes was clearly told to attack the box more.

Altogether it was a fairly decent day at the office for Kelly. Not without fault but one where he said "that was the real Leicester City" and I would say, "Partly because that was the real Rob Kelly".

Totally agree.

When the team was announced you couldn't hep but think that the penny had finally dropped, little bit concerned about McCauly at RB but he was superb (since learned he played their both club and international level) and he can touch the ball more than twice

Hughes and Maybury are open to debate, but are possibly the best we have.

Interesting to see what the fans team for the next game/s wil be. I think that is are best 11, even Dodds is getting closer

+ great to see the ball on the deck, bring it on

Archived