Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Leicester V Fulham - post match comments

An amazing game of open football, end to end in parts, good attacking display from us, they were poor and only showed their worth on a few occasions.

The atmosphere was amazing, it showed what we could create at the walkers and that was with only half full ground.

Fulham fans were quiet for most of the game L1 were good as usual and the chanting often flowed down to the bottom of K block (where I sit) The Kop were fantastic for once, it seems to take 5 months of each season to get going!

Overall a wonderful game to watch, Leicester back to their best (if only for one game) and I'll be at Craven Cottage!

We played football, and were quite good at it!

McAuley is better than Maybury, Kenton and Stearman at right back.

McAuley is a good defender, but I wouldnt play him as a right back. Generally left winger got some pace, McAuley got zero pace. Imagine if someone like Wayne Routledge ran at him constantly, we would be in deep trouble really. Stick McAuely where he is best at, Centre Back.

Well done Levi, sounds like you had a great game too!!

Immense performance today, easily the best I've seen him play.

We played football, and were quite good at it!

McAuley is better than Maybury, Kenton and Stearman at right back.

He was done for pace quite a bit today, which is to be expected and shouldn't happen as much in the Championship. The best passer of the ball in the back four from what I've seen, but wouldn't want him at right back permanently as that right side then loses any sort of attacking threat. Rob will keep him there though ;)

Absolutely amazing. Why can't we do that in the league? So glad i moved to the middle of the kop at the top where everyone was singing at the start, was amazing.

Was a great atmosphere at the back of E2 I sat on PP and it was fantastic !

Briiliant last half hour today sounded like 40,000 in the walkers instead of 15,000, cademateris goal brought flashbacks of spurs even though it wasn't the winner. 1st half was pretty dead but last 30 just showed how to get sn atmosphere going in the walkers.

well done lads please please play like that at colchester!!!!!

Briiliant last half hour today sounded like 40,000 in the walkers instead of 15,000, cademateris goal brought flashbacks of spurs even though it wasn't the winner. 1st half was pretty dead but last 30 just showed how to get sn atmosphere going in the walkers.

well done lads please please play like that at colchester!!!!!

Just takes the FA Cup and a good performance for it to come out.

i thought fulham were not as good today. watching them on tv against west ham and chelsea they look like they wanted it more in the premiership. maybe it was pressure at being knocked out by a lower league club they were pretty rubbish. ian pearce is getting chubby by the year.

Immense performance today, easily the best I've seen him play.

He was done for pace quite a bit today, which is to be expected and shouldn't happen as much in the Championship. The best passer of the ball in the back four from what I've seen, but wouldn't want him at right back permanently as that right side then loses any sort of attacking threat. Rob will keep him there though ;)

He did get done for pace on many occasions, still I thought he did alright considering.

Very good performance, if we played anything like that in the league we wouldn't be in the mess we are in.

Just like to send a big shout out to Thracian who no doubt was already half way through thinking up his "why Cadamateri instead of Dodds" thread when the ball hit the back of the net. :smile:

Great desire, some excellent individual performances (particularly Levi) and a brilliant overall team display. It would be nice to think we could see more of the same in the league but it's never the case. The cup always brings the best out of them.

Well that was the good start I expected from Cadamarteri - the question now is can he at long last keep it up?

Cadamarteri showed one thing in particular - he has the football brain to make a good decision.

His cross for Kisnorbo's goal was sublime and his shot from Levi's pass thoughtful rather than hit and hope.

Mind you, why is it we only respond after we've conceded?

The game could so easily have been settled earlier. Yes Fulham had chances too but we should have stuck a couple of our own in with Fryatt and Hume again failing to capitalise from excellent situations.

For me though the big difference between Cadamarteri and Fryatt was Cadamarteri's awareness of people around him.

Fryatt looked much better today apart from his finishing but he just doesn't play the obvious early pass.

Hume on the other hand was constantly looking to spread the game wide to Porter - much further forward in general than against Sunderland - and even Hughes showed an appetite for getting into the right side of the box which made him look far more effective.

Altogether City's whole performance inspired the fans to do their bit and contribute to what was a smashing game.

What we're going to do about our full-backs though is another matter entirely.

But I'm not going to let it spoil my enjoyment. One or two of City's moves must have been 15/20 passes and they looked a damn sight better for it.

People were passing and moving - even Maybury tried although his control too often let him down - and I just wish I could believe will will build on that.

Cadamarteri must surely have given huimself a value and would have earned the wages for his contract for today's contribution alone, I'd imagine. And Porter must have doubled or even trebled his value because he looked completely comfortable against Premiership opposition and was a constant threat.

Well done, Leicester.

i look forward to the trip to craven cottage.

wonder how much the rich bastards will charge us?

Mohammed al Fayed may well be rich, but I'm not so sure about the club as a whole! How many of their players did you recognise today for instance? :ph34r:

Great game need to play like this week in week out, we'd have a better league position if we did ! hoping to go craven cottage now !

Played well,lots more desire and commitment,that raises the atmosphere well done lads and remember today at 3pm next Saturday cuz what do points make? :D

what do you think the odds are that coleman was impressed with levi, fryatt and mcauley and will bid for one of them are?

By Stearman being left on the bench I think that indicates he is being asked not to be cup tied and will be leaving.

If MM comes in then why do we need to sell our better assests ?

Quality performance. We should have been leading before they got their first goal, but I'm willing to let that slide seeing as I'm in a great mood and we've forced a replay. Cadamarteri was great after coming on. I hope it can continue. Levi gave a great performance, and the whole round team effort was much improved. We even managed to create fooking chances!! Looking forward to the replay, should be a good night out! :P

Considering the numbers there, we gave a decent account of ourselves in the stands as well. I know for a fact that there was singing for pretty much the entire game in E1/D2 :)

Fantastic game, even better than against Villa, and the crowd were brilliant. But why oh why can't we play like that every week?? Maybe it's the much more organised and open way premiership teams tend to play that seems to suit us. Or perhaps it was the fact that Kelly ditched his silly negative formations for a standard 4-4-2? Either way, the team looked much more comfortable on tha ball and the teamwork was excellent for once.

Ok, so Fulham were pretty poor today it must be said, but nonethemore for that we played really well. My word, we even looked like a half decent football team!

By Stearman being left on the bench I think that indicates he is being asked not to be cup tied and will be leaving.

If MM comes in then why do we need to sell our better assests ?

MM has no control or influence yet so I wouldn't read too much into Stearman being on the bench!

Well that was the good start I expected from Cadamarteri - the question now is can he at long last keep it up?

Cadamarteri showed one thing in particular - he has the football brain to make a good decision.

His cross for Kisnorbo's goal was sublime and his shot from Levi's pass thoughtful rather than hit and hope.

Mind you, why is it we only respond after we've conceded?

The game could so easily have been settled earlier. Yes Fulham had chances too but we should have stuck a couple of our own in with Fryatt and Hume again failing to capitalise from excellent situations.

For me though the big difference between Cadamarteri and Fryatt was Cadamarteri's awareness of people around him.

Fryatt looked much better today apart from his finishing but he just doesn't play the obvious early pass.

Hume on the other hand was constantly looking to spread the game wide to Porter - much further forward in general than against Sunderland - and even Hughes showed an appetite for getting into the right side of the box which made him look far more effective.

Altogether City's whole performance inspired the fans to do their bit and contribute to what was a smashing game.

What we're going to do about our full-backs though is another matter entirely.

But I'm not going to let it spoil my enjoyment. One or two of City's moves must have been 15/20 passes and they looked a damn sight better for it.

People were passing and moving - even Maybury tried although his control too often let him down - and I just wish I could believe will will build on that.

Cadamarteri must surely have given huimself a value and would have earned the wages for his contract for today's contribution alone, I'd imagine. And Porter must have doubled or even trebled his value because he looked completely comfortable against Premiership opposition and was a constant threat.

Well done, Leicester.

NIce report, thank you Mr T

MM has no control or influence yet so I wouldn't read too much into Stearman being on the bench!

Just considering the possibillities. Similar to Gareth Bale (if he did get left on the bench).

Archived