Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

LCFC rumours thread - Players & Managers

From Here

Birmingham ready to off load

midfielder to Blackburn or Leicester ?

Injuries has been the story of David Dunn's football life, and today Daily Mirror reports that the former Blackburn player could return to Ewood Park.

Leicester City is another club who will be financially strengthened with new owner Milan Mandaric coming in, and Dunn could be a target.

Both Leicester and Blackburn could gamble on Dunn and hope that the player can stay away from injuries. The problem for Dunn is that a competition with Tugay and Savage could be too much to handle, and the certainty of first team football at Leicester could be more tempting.

I have heard from two sources close to the club that :-

a) MM wants Todorov (Portsmouth - on loan to Wigan) and Alexei Smerten (former Russian captain and Chelsea player) to be his first two players

b) Ian Dowie will be the next Manager

What do you think ?

Link

Roy Keane is preparing to hijack a bid from Leicester City for S****horpe United striker, Billy Sharp. Sharp, 20, signed for The Irons from Sheffield United last year and has taken League 1 by storm this season - leading the charts with 15 goals in 21 appearances.

A deal of about £1.5m is expected to be completed during the January transfer window.

Meanwhile, Sunderland have also been linked with another loan move for current Newcastle loanee, Giuseppe Rossi. The Man Utd & USA striker was the subject of rumours during the summer when a loan deal to Wearside was expected to be completed.

Also, Falkirk loanee, Anthony Stokes, looks set to stay at the SPL outfit until the end of the season after Arsene Wenger ruled out the sale of the striker. A great deal of Championship clubs, including Sunderland, were thought to be interested in the Irishman who has netted 13 times for Falkirk this season.

Link

Roy Keane is preparing to hijack a bid from Leicester City for S****horpe United striker, Billy Sharp. Sharp, 20, signed for The Irons from Sheffield United last year and has taken League 1 by storm this season - leading the charts with 15 goals in 21 appearances. .

Can't see this one being correct.

When we spoke to MM at the last home game he spoke about the need to add experience to help the younger players, that doesn't equal 20yo's from a lower division

Can't see this one being correct.

When we spoke to MM at the last home game he spoke about the need to add experience to help the younger players, that doesn't equal 20yo's from a lower division

Thankfully it does suggest he doesnt rate the "experianced" players we already have [looks in the direction of Johnson, Douglas, Maybury etc...] and sees the basis of the clubs future resting with the likes of Hume, Porter, Kisnorbo, Logan, Stearman and Weso... this can only be a good thing, but i agree i dont expect any fairly young players arriving... I'd have thought 3-4 (some of whom will probably be loans), though I'd expect a solid, attacking middle of the park player to be brought in (Dunne maybe?).

Another nail in the 'young and hungry policy'! :o

:ph34r:

Not necessarily. I think it's fair to say that our team lacks good experienced players. All teams need one or two seasoned professionals to drive the team forward during difficult times. The problem is our experienced players are well past their best and a hinderance to our team. MM might only be talking short term anyway, plus i'm sure it will be the manager asking to sign the players HE wants, not MM signing the players he wants. I'd hope they'd discuss their transfer targets together and come to an agreement. Perhaps once things have settled down then the club will target young players again.

I wouldn't read too much in to what MM said to The Trust.

Link

Roy Keane is preparing to hijack a bid from Leicester City for S****horpe United striker, Billy Sharp. Sharp, 20, signed for The Irons from Sheffield United last year and has taken League 1 by storm this season - leading the charts with 15 goals in 21 appearances.

A deal of about £1.5m is expected to be completed during the January transfer window.

Meanwhile, Sunderland have also been linked with another loan move for current Newcastle loanee, Giuseppe Rossi. The Man Utd & USA striker was the subject of rumours during the summer when a loan deal to Wearside was expected to be completed.

Also, Falkirk loanee, Anthony Stokes, looks set to stay at the SPL outfit until the end of the season after Arsene Wenger ruled out the sale of the striker. A great deal of Championship clubs, including Sunderland, were thought to be interested in the Irishman who has netted 13 times for Falkirk this season.

Im not sure how true it is about us bidding for Sharp, but surely hed be fantastic. Hes doing awesome in League 1

Source - I'm unable to post it for some reason but it was in the Hull Daily Mail

Hull City hope to announce a new manager by next Monday - but the signs are it will not be Iain Dowie.

Chairman Adam Pearson has narrowed his choice down to three clear favourites, but refuses to reveal their identity.

He will hold interviews with two of the three candidates tomorrow, with one a proven Championship manager and the other with less experience.

Caretaker boss Phil Brown still has a chance of the full-time role but much will depend on the outcome of Saturday's game against Cardiff.

A win will boost his chances of replacing Phil Parkinson, but Pearson appears to be swinging towards the experienced candidate, who he will give a second interview to tomorrow.

Pearson said: "We have held interviews this week and I hope to be in a position to make a decision by late Sunday or, more likely, Monday morning.

"If I can bring in a manager and make a decision as early as possible it will be for the good of the club."

Dowie has fallen out of the running and now appears set for Leicester, with the £25m takeover by Milan Mandaric set to go through in the next couple of days.

The Walkers Stadium now appears to be Dowie's most likely destination with the millions of the former Portsmouth chairman holding more sway than the limited spending power available at the KC.

Pearson has refused to confirm the details or the identities of any of the candidates other than Brown, but the Mail understands that Ronnie Moore is not in the running along with Joe Royle, Kevin Blackwell and Kevin Keegan.

Having seen the club's fans buoyed by speculation linking City with Dowie, the proven Championship manager may not be the big name fans would like.

It appears Dowie may have used Hull's interest to speed up Leicester's interest, despite already having Rob Kelly in situ as manager.

Meanwhile, Brown hopes a bumper home crowd will inspire his City team to kick-start their bid to avoid relegation.

A near capacity crowd is expected following Pearson's decision to reduce ticket prices for the visit of Cardiff, Brown's first game in charge at the KC.

Brown hopes his players can feed off the atmosphere created by City's supporters and improve their dismal home record of just two wins at the KC this season.

"Confidence is low and I've got to try and alleviate that pressure," Brown told the Mail.

"There should be 22,000 or more there on Saturday and that will create a great atmosphere and hopefully that will inspire the players to play good football.

Please No.

Just no.

Anyone but Dowie!

ABD!

Its all a cover for Pardew... :D

Dowie isnt a great manager, but he's better than what we got now... though I'd agree we could do better, problem is its January and how many out of work or tempted good managers are there, most are (by definition) are managing clubs that are doing well and wouldnt have any great desire to switch regardless of the potential pull of MM... so that gives you Dowie or Pardew, but Pardew might want a break and could easily find a prem club in the summer, but if we could get him he'd be a million miles better than anyone out there, and while Dowie is far from my favourite manager he's done well in the past and better than any manager we've had recently.

Danny Tiatto is being linked with a move back to Australia when his contract at Leicester City expires in the summer. by andy mann

Press reports in Australia are suggesting the midfielder will switch to A-League side Melbourne Victory.

However, his agent and brother Frank Tiatto, said: "There has been no official approach from Victory but it's well known that Danny's contract is nearing its end, though he does have the option of another year at Leicester City.

"The Victory inquired about him a year ago and Danny has made no secret of his desire to one day play in the A-League," added his agent.

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?k...512200637393631

Its all a cover for Pardew... :D

Dowie isnt a great manager, but he's better than what we got now... though I'd agree we could do better, problem is its January and how many out of work or tempted good managers are there, most are (by definition) are managing clubs that are doing well and wouldnt have any great desire to switch regardless of the potential pull of MM... so that gives you Dowie or Pardew, but Pardew might want a break and could easily find a prem club in the summer, but if we could get him he'd be a million miles better than anyone out there, and while Dowie is far from my favourite manager he's done well in the past and better than any manager we've had recently.

omg dowie would be the worst thing that has happened to the club he is the biggest t*at in the world of football, ok he did and laright job at CP but they were shocking in the premiership, i cant see what is wrong with RK tbh, hes a good manager but atm lacks the resources i serioulsy think a new manager will just makes things worse.

Archived