Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

LCFC rumours thread - Players & Managers

i cant see what is wrong with RK tbh, hes a good manager but atm lacks the resources

Really... not sure what your basing that on? bringing in Low and Johnson, perhaps playing Mabbs and Stearman everywhere bar rightback, maybe allowing players like Fryatt's fitness to collapse or putting out teams with seven defenders in them... not that I'm a Dowie fan, but he cant be worse than RK.

Really... not sure what your basing that on? bringing in Low and Johnson, perhaps playing Mabbs and Stearman everywhere bar rightback, maybe allowing players like Fryatt's fitness to collapse or putting out teams with seven defenders in them... not that I'm a Dowie fan, but he cant be worse than RK.

think that is a little harsh, fryatt was over played last season when he had knocks CL fault, RK is less defensive then CL and the only reason everyone in our side only knows defensive is because CL taught them nothing but. stearman has proved he can play at RB where he is playing today and in midfield, RK is just giving him a chance elsewhere, Mabbs is only playing because please name someone else who isnt injured who can play there. Low has done well in some games, when he has been played the right ball, ok johnson is a load of boll**cs but we all make some mistakes, and hasnt johannseen and kisnorbo come along really well since RK arrived, Hume has learnt how to play, hammond has learnt how to score, porter has got confidence and can run at players, mcauley has turned out to be a legend.

think that is a little harsh, fryatt was over played last season when he had knocks CL fault, RK is less defensive then CL and the only reason everyone in our side only knows defensive is because CL taught them nothing but. stearman has proved he can play at RB where he is playing today and in midfield, RK is just giving him a chance elsewhere, Mabbs is only playing because please name someone else who isnt injured who can play there. Low has done well in some games, when he has been played the right ball, ok johnson is a load of boll**cs but we all make some mistakes, and hasnt johannseen and kisnorbo come along really well since RK arrived, Hume has learnt how to play, hammond has learnt how to score, porter has got confidence and can run at players, mcauley has turned out to be a legend.

Oh... I'll agree he's not been a total disaster, but the team is less fit than it should be and the tactics he's employed have been just as defensive, if not more so, than they where under CL... Low has been awful I'm sorry but i wont accept that he's ever had a performance that's good enougth for this division or this club (glad we agree on Johnson though :) )... Kisnorbo and Nissa have improved but then again that's mostly down to them playing where their comfortable and to be honest any manager should be able to oversee that... I'd also argue that results speak, we're 18th and have played some awful football this season, many of our results have been down to pure luck... we can do much better than RK and most of the current playing and coaching staff IMHO, but thats only in IMHO as i say.

dint he play about 1 game under CL maybe 2

Oh... I'll agree he's not been a total disaster, but the team is less fit than it should be and the tactics he's employed have been just as defensive, if not more so, than they where under CL... Low has been awful I'm sorry but i wont accept that he's ever had a performance that's good enougth for this division or this club (glad we agree on Johnson though :) )... Kisnorbo and Nissa have improved but then again that's mostly down to them playing where their comfortable and to be honest any manager should be able to oversee that... I'd also argue that results speak, we're 18th and have played some awful football this season, many of our results have been down to pure luck... we can do much better than RK and most of the current playing and coaching staff IMHO, but thats only in IMHO as i say.

some good points, argued by both parties, and i think in the end i guess both draw the same opinion, RK is ok but maybe not the best we can have. oooh and to the guy who said bout fryatt under CL he played quite a few if i remember right by all means prove me wrong though.

Source

Anthony Gerrard has been touted as a possible target for Leicester City in the Jauary Transfer Window.

The Foxes are willing to do a trade for the 20-year-old former Evertonian, which would see inexperienced 19-year-old midfielder Max Gradel go in the other direction.

These reports are not confirmed and are merely speculation on the internet - in other words, it's probably rubbish!

From a well known rumours site. :whistle:

Milan Mandaric is set to axe current Leicester City boss Robert Kelly as soon as his proprsed takeover of the club is complete. Mandaric is said to already be in talks with ex-City legends Steve Walsh and David Oldfield, who he would like to bring in to form a managerial dream team.

...also...

The Owls are also looking closely at Lee Williamson of Rotherham, with Glen Whelan looking like the midfield player to be on his way out.

Stoke & Leicester are thought to be interested.

:whistle:

Although i think walshy should have some status with the club as he is Mr Leicester City, a legend in his own liftime, maybe a position such as coach, or have a statue or stand named after him, to throw him in as a manager would be a crazy idea. therefore your whistle is entirely justified!

Everythin before the Andy Johnson bit is absolute crap, everything after is sport on :P

Better than a manager who will almost keep us up in the Championship.

I disagree.

While I don't want RK to be here any longer than neccessary, history has shown that clubs which keep manager changes to a minimum benefit greatly from the stability this brings.

So we get a manager who will get us promoted, another who will keep us up, what next? Yet another to get us into the top half of the table, one for UEFA qualification?

Me, I take 1 shampoo bottle into the shower....

I disagree.

While I don't want RK to be here any longer than neccessary, history has shown that clubs which keep manager changes to a minimum benefit greatly from the stability this brings.

So we get a manager who will get us promoted, another who will keep us up, what next? Yet another to get us into the top half of the table, one for UEFA qualification?

History shows that getting rid of a manager often results in an upturn in results even if it's only shortlived. I trust MM if he does take-over to make the right decision in regard to RK.

History only works out that way if you have the correct man for the job, he isn't.

You be sure to check out that bottle ~ heaven forbid if you wanted to stick with it only to find out that it was hair remover. :thumbup:

History only works out that way if you have the correct man for the job, he isn't.

You be sure to check out that bottle ~ heaven forbid if you wanted to stick with it only to find out that it was hair remover. :thumbup:

V Clever! I don't just grab the first available bottle I see in Tesco though.

I don't think we should go for the quick fix though, I would like to see a settled period. Getting a new manager every year is counter productive and expensive.

We are mediocre at the moment, and won't go down this season (IMHO) so rushing to get a new manager in would be a bad move. Pardew wasn't available this time last month - who might be available in January??

We are mediocre at the moment, and won't go down this season (IMHO)

I wish I had your confidence SF, I don't.

I have seen us play two good games of football this season - and only one of those we won. Out of those two, one would have to wonder at a player that couldn't raise his game when playing against Villa.

The rest of the time I have watched a clueless bunch of inepts bumble around a pitch with less idea of how to play a game than a collection of Yr3's from the local Primary school. I have seen poor tactics, poor team selections and bizarre use of substitutions.

I loved Saturday, but make no mistake of thinking that our second half performance was the result of Kelly and his tactics ~ we won because Barnsley chose to capitulate in the same fashion that we have done this season. They performed as we did against Colchester. We are potentially as bad as them, as Leeds, as Southend!

Without some decent signings to strengthen the squad in January we stand a very good chance of going down. Another run like we saw last month could well kill off any remaining fight in the squad leaving us facing the trap door and a litany of excuses we have heard before ("Poor refereeing decision...redoubling efforts...luck goes against you at the bottom...etc"). Has Kelly proven that he has a keen eye for a bargain? No.

Again, I sincerely hope you are right SF, I really do...but on the evidence of what I have seen this season I doubt it.

Just thought I would run this up the old flagpole and... oh buggrit, wrong thread..

I am a bit sus about the impact several rumours are having on things, and even more sus about some of the recent 'newbie' posters.

Would it be beyond the realms of possibility for either the board or MM's henchmen to come on here and influence the other party by posting under pseudonyms?

Just a thought - back to the blue sky thinking outside the box....

Just thought I would run this up the old flagpole and... oh buggrit, wrong thread..

I am a bit sus about the impact several rumours are having on things, and even more sus about some of the recent 'newbie' posters.

Would it be beyond the realms of possibility for either the board or MM's henchmen to come on here and influence the other party by posting under pseudonyms?

Just a thought - back to the blue sky thinking outside the box....

I think your flattering yourself there SF.

In the grand scheme of things, the club, shareholders, MM etc. don't give a s@#t about the fans.

You can't seriously think that people would actually take some of the things said on here seriously ?

If so we'd be picking the team every week /

Archived