Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Search Continues to strenghen squad!

Search Continues

Rob Kelly says he is leaving no stone unturned in his quest to freshen up the City squad.

The Foxes boss has earmarked a number of targets to strengthen his hand, but has so far been left frustrated in his efforts.

And following the recent departures of Josh Low and Momo Sylla, Kelly is keen to bring in some new faces at the earliest possible opportunity.

He said: "We haven't got the biggest squad in the world. We are out there looking at players and trying to do things, but the bottom line is we have not been able to afford to bring in the players that I have asked for.

"I have asked and I have been told we can't do it. That's the reality of the situation and we get on with it.

"I would like to add to the squad, but we are not in a position where we can do that. I have enquired about a couple of players, but they are just simply out of our reach.

"We are actively out there trying to bring players in and I am sure the fans understand the situation. The fact that we have so far been unable to bolster our squad certainly isn't down to a lack of effort, that's for sure."

I think a problem could be that with the MM situation clubs could be holding out for more from us. But equally it could be RK trying to get some deals by offering way below before MM but when MM arrives he can go back with a much better offer which is still a bargin!

But yeah, if we get a few injuries we're in (more) trouble.

Search Continues

Rob Kelly says he is leaving no stone unturned in his quest to freshen up the City squad.

The Foxes boss has earmarked a number of targets to strengthen his hand, but has so far been left frustrated in his efforts.

And following the recent departures of Josh Low and Momo Sylla, Kelly is keen to bring in some new faces at the earliest possible opportunity.

He said: "We haven't got the biggest squad in the world. We are out there looking at players and trying to do things, but the bottom line is we have not been able to afford to bring in the players that I have asked for.

"I have asked and I have been told we can't do it. That's the reality of the situation and we get on with it.

"I would like to add to the squad, but we are not in a position where we can do that. I have enquired about a couple of players, but they are just simply out of our reach.

"We are actively out there trying to bring players in and I am sure the fans understand the situation. The fact that we have so far been unable to bolster our squad certainly isn't down to a lack of effort, that's for sure."

Anyone else fed up of hearing that?! :yawn:

Bit of a strange article if you ask me, the title says that the search is continuing, but the text says 'we're not getting anyone in, we're too poor', whether it's supposed to be a MM propaganda piece I don't know.

Hence my piece on dead wood.....MM propaganda, get rid of them then bring loads in MM the Savoir!!

and all that, then bump the prices up next year.

bet im right

Search Continues

Is there any point to this statement?

Other then trying to reassure us that they are actually trying to bring some fresh blood to the Walkers it's a load of old twoddle :rolleyes:

Why don't they release a statement on the importants issue namely the real reason why is our takeover taking so long!

Search Continues

Looking under stones is no good looking on football pitches would be better ROB! :thumbup:

Whats he saying?

Just covering his ass IMO

I think its fairly obvious the board will not sanction any purchases until the take over situation is sorted

Could be the case, anyhow i'm getting impatient and frustrated with the takeover and lack of funds to spend!!!

With the exit of Low and Sylla and possibly Hendo he is slowly gettin rid of the crap or players that he deems surplus. I think he knows already what his budget is and I suspect milan has told him personally.

He would not be releasing players unless he knew he could bring in new faces for definate.

He's got rid of two right wingers and I reckon Hughes will be off soon too (been linked with Luton and Palace). So we can see he is after a right winger, possibly we may get Jobi Mcanuff in.

One things for sure Kelly knows what he's got to spend.

With the exit of Low and Sylla and possibly Hendo he is slowly gettin rid of the crap or players that he deems surplus. I think he knows already what his budget is and I suspect milan has told him personally.

He would not be releasing players unless he knew he could bring in new faces for definate.

He's got rid of two right wingers and I reckon Hughes will be off soon too (been linked with Luton and Palace). So we can see he is after a right winger, possibly we may get Jobi Mcanuff in.

One things for sure Kelly knows what he's got to spend.

hahaaaahahahhaahhahahaaaaaaaa. As if.

Archived