Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

The Fans

While the threads have been dominated by the uniquely bad referree I would like to take time out to salute the fans at the game today.

With the added excitement of the standing only terraces we sang/abused the ref from start to finish. What a great atmosphere, proper support and not a prawn sandwich in sight.

The highlight for me was the time we took out to get stuck in to the Colchester goalkeeper, Gerken:

"YOU'RE JUST A SMALL FKIN MARROW, SMALL FKIN MAAAAROW, YOU'RE JUST A SMALL FKIN MAAAAROW"

lollollol

I'm sure the players responded to the support because it's been awhile since I've seen the team look so committed, positive and hard-working.

All in all a great day out marred by farce but well done fans for the noise, passion and loyalty.

See you at Craven Cottage.

:D

The highlight for me was the time we took out to get stuck in to the Colchester goalkeeper, Gerken:

"YOU'RE JUST A SMALL FKIN MARROW, SMALL FKIN MAAAAROW, YOU'RE JUST A SMALL FKIN MAAAAROW"

lollollol

Gerken is a pickle, Gerken is a pickle a la la la :thumbup:

Colly fan said it was one of the shittest atmospheres at Layer road for ages. So goes to show you were spoilt today and how shit the Walkers is.

lol

tbh i think that may have been embarrasment rather than the truth. I have been to a few CUFC games over past couple of years and they dont have a particularly decent atmosphere

tbh i think that may have been embarrasment rather than the truth. I have been to a few CUFC games over past couple of years and they dont have a particularly decent atmosphere

I've seen Colchester play away about 5 times in the past three years, they got 200 fans who didn't sing for 90 minutes in League one.

:laugh:

Brilliant! :thumbup:

Anyone know if TPH and Fezzler got any of their chants going? :D:whistle:

Didn't really happen for us today. :( We turned up bang on kickoff and barely got into the stand properly. Naive beer management meant we sobered up on the train out to Colchester too which didn't help. There were a good bunch to our right who were singing Iwan Is A Welshman so we went over there in the second half (taking in a fantastic argument between two Leicester fans - don't know what he'd done wrong but some middle-aged woman was going absolutely mental at some poor bloke, indescribably funny, she was bellowing at the stewards to throw him out and just got a load of abuse off her own fans. She also had one of the largest heads I've ever seen).

Limited to the same old snidey remarks today really. The best one was when Colchester brought on Hogan Ephraim.

TPH: "What?! That's not even a name!"

One chant we tried to get going which didn't really take off (understandably) involved following du du du Danny Cadamarteri - to the tune of Let's all do the conga - with the line (line, geddit? Ed.) "cocaine across the floor".

Quite a solid effort atmosphere-wise but it's easy to get bored of singing "Leicester, Leicester, Leicester" and "Leicester til I die" 25 times in one game.

Take two at Fulham.

Didn't really happen for us today. :( We turned up bang on kickoff and barely got into the stand properly. Naive beer management meant we sobered up on the train out to Colchester too which didn't help. There were a good bunch to our right who were singing Iwan Is A Welshman so we went over there in the second half (taking in a fantastic argument between two Leicester fans - don't know what he'd done wrong but some middle-aged woman was going absolutely mental at some poor bloke, indescribably funny, she was bellowing at the stewards to throw him out and just got a load of abuse off her own fans. She also had one of the largest heads I've ever seen).

Limited to the same old snidey remarks today really. The best one was when Colchester brought on Hogan Ephraim.

One chant we tried to get going which didn't really take off (understandably) involved following du du du Danny Cadamarteri - to the tune of Let's all do the conga - with the line (line, geddit? Ed.) "cocaine across the floor".

Quite a solid effort atmosphere-wise but it's easy to get bored of singing "Leicester, Leicester, Leicester" and "Leicester til I die" 25 times in one game.

Take two at Fulham.

i was over there the whole game, she was bitching about trying to watch the game as they were pissing about with a large flag and bumping into her, apparently she does it all the time.

we had a few of the old songs going today which was a nice throw back, een for someone of my relitivly young years in terams of support

i was over there the whole game, she was bitching about trying to watch the game as they were pissing about with a large flag and bumping into her, apparently she does it all the time.

we had a few of the old songs going today which was a nice throw back, een for someone of my relitivly young years in terams of support

The funniest thing for me was that the guy she was trying to get chucked out looked like the meekest old boy in the world. I think it was the glasses. He might have been Baby Squad. Somehow though, I doubt it.

The funniest thing for me was that the guy she was trying to get chucked out looked like the meekest old boy in the world. I think it was the glasses. He might have been Baby Squad. Somehow though, I doubt it.

i dont know what her problem was really, if you go in a terrace its going to be rowdy, if she dint want that she should of gone in the seating section

i stood right behind that crazy woman. at one point she was arguing so furiously spit was flying from her mouth. there was an old granny with them as well and i spent the first half of the match trying to not crush her against the barrier!

i stood right behind that crazy woman. at one point she was arguing so furiously spit was flying from her mouth. there was an old granny with them as well and i spent the first half of the match trying to not crush her against the barrier!

some woman stood next to me told me she does it at every game, something tells me she was either a carling stander or a pen 4 kopper at filbo.

BTW did anyone else here the "fook oof the the foxes trust chant" thought that was funny, shame it going properly

some woman stood next to me told me she does it at every game, something tells me she was either a carling stander or a pen 4 kopper at filbo

she was violent as well mate. firstly by shoving her ass into the guys behind her then by launching some meaty bingo wing elbows. nutter.

I've seen Colchester play away about 5 times in the past three years, they got 200 fans who didn't sing for 90 minutes in League one.

sorry do you mean they had 200 fans who werent singing and the rest were? or they only took 200 and none sang?

I wasnt knocking them BTW - decent support for size of the place but i think maybe being in one of those sheds sounds louder than it is

If it's the same wom,en, she was still moaning and having a go at Jim when we got back to Fox Travel. She moaned non-stop on the way to Southampton aswell.

Who's the gay boy in the green who's the gay boy in the greeeeeen!

That was a good'un lol

The Goat got that one going! Was a good atmosphere especially the 1st goal kick of the 2nd half lol

aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :P

Take two at Fulham.

at least this time you didn't have to endure they equally terrible "stand up if you love Leicester" one of the most boring,dull and unimaginative songs ever imo that should be banned from grounds although maybe a chant of "sit down if you love Leicester" would have worked on this occasion

at least this time you didn't have to endure they equally terrible "stand up if you love Leicester" one of the most boring,dull and unimaginative songs ever imo that should be banned from grounds although maybe a chant of "sit down if you love Leicester" would have worked on this occasion

It was attempted on a few occasions

Archived