Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Monk

Fulham game Player ratings

Post away...

Henderson - 7 - Kicking was good up until about 70 mins when he made a few woopsies. Possibley could have saved a few of the goals. Did make some important saves.

McAuley - 8 - Great positional play and some really crucial tackles. Great back post header for the goal. Only downside being him not getting a foot in before the cross for the first Fulham goal

Kisnorbo - 7 - Had a good game and still bosses the clearances when the ball is floating about in no mans land. But he was at fault for more than one of the goals

McCarthy - 5 - Poor. Had Kisnorbo covering him too often. Can't seem to organise the defence

Maybury - 7 - had a pretty good game

Hughes - 8 - really stood out for me with some great runs and crosses. Ran himself into the ground

Williams - 8 - a good game

Tiatto - 7 - Was good until he went off

Porter - 8 - Not as quick as I'd like him to be but he really brings some flair and attacking mentality to the team. Some great runs from his own half.

Hume - 8 - <insert standard 'worked his socks off' comment here>

Fryatt - 9 - back to his old self. Great run and finish for the goal.

Subs:

Stearman - 7 - Anonymous

Cadamarteri - 8 -Has an awesome first touch. Some good crosses and lateral runs. I want to see 3 strikers ont he pitch more often!

Wesolowski - 8 - Great goal, belted it in. Really got stuck in

Ref - 7 - can't complain too much. It was our fault for freezing when he played advantage

Our fans - 10

Fulham Fans - 1 (for piping up when they scored)

RATINGS

Henderson 7 Solid, little he could do with the goals. Kicking seemed fine

McAuley 7 Love this guy. At fault to allow the cross for Fulham's opener though

Kisnorbo 7 By and large a good performance

McCarthy 6 I think played as well as he can, but simply couldn't cope with Montella, who was clearly

in a different league to our Paddy

Maybury 7 Decent performance, and pushed forward well

Hughes 7 Played well, worked hard, put in some good crosses

Tiatto 9 Superb in the 35 minutes he played. Bossed the midfield

Williams 6 Thought he'd do better in a game like that. Moderate

Porter 8 Looking more and more accomplished. Must be one of the first names on the teamsheet.

Fryatt 7 Very pleased for him to score a goal. I believe more will follow

Hume 7 Tireless as ever

Weso 8 Again delighted he scored his first goal. An outstanding talent

Stearman on for too little to assign a score

Du Du Du Du on for too little to assign a score

henderson - 6 - didnt make too many saves and i thought he could of controlled the penalty area abit more in 2nd half - maybe im being a little over-critical.

mcauley - 7 - excellent first half, looked tired and might have been injured in 2nd half

mccarthy -6 passing was awful at times but made some decent tackles, couldnt get near montella

kisnorbo - 6 - mistake for first, got some good clearances but also couldnt cope with montellas movment

maybury - 6 - did ok

hughes - 7 - was good first half, faded badly in 2nd

tiatto - 7 - wa having a good game, won lots of tackles

willaims - 7 - passing was excellent at times and also got stuck in a bit

porter - 7 - has had better games recently but was still a good outlet on left,

hume - 7 - worked his socks off, some good touches and movement

fryatt - 8 - hold the ball up, worked hard, goal n an assist.

weso 8 - excellent, with tiatto injured, this could be his chance

cada - 6 -crossing not great ut there was no point crossing in first place with fryatt, hume and porter in box.

stearman - 6 - did nothing

13 Paul Henderson 6

14 Gareth McAuley 7

3 Patrick Kisnorbo 6

5 Patrick McCarthy 5

2 Alan Maybury 7

6 Stephen Hughes 7

8 Gareth Williams 7

11 Danny Tiatto 7

27 Levi Porter 7

7 Iain Hume 8

12 Matt Fryatt 8

SUBS

25 Conrad Logan

15 Nils-Eric Johansson

17 Richard Stearman 6

20 James Wesolowski 8

24 Danny Cadamarteri 6

Henderson - 5 - Pretty poor to be honest. Most of the goals came from loose and lacklustre defending/marking in front of him but felt he could have done more with a few of Fulham's efforts. His kicking was extremely suspect. Has started to throw more often though. Mediocre/poor game for him.

McAuley - 8 - Continues to impress. Fancy seeing him and Kisnorbo together in the middle for a decent run in the side. Dominant in the air both upfront and at the back and his distribution was sound, even under pressure.

Kisnorbo - 7 - We saw the good, the bad and the ugly of him last night. Generally tidy, unhurried and efficient but was caught out for a couple of the goals. Not sure he and McCarthy have the understanding required.

McCarthy - 5 - Very poor game. Doubt he could make the step up to premiership if required. Too prone to drift off his man, didn't compete in the air. Bags of guts and determination but he just makes too many mistakes. Haven't been impressed with him this season and last night he so often had to be covered by Kisnorbo it was a joke. Not up to it, I'm afraid.

Maybury - 7 - Good. Prone to giving the ball away now and then but otherwise I thought he had a good game defensively. Won a lot of interceptions.

Hughes - 8 - Could so easily have given him 9 for this. He ran and ran and ran. All he lacked was a little bit of quality on some of the balls he whipped in. Always looks a better player against premiership teams as gets a little bit more space. Looked hungry and competitive. Always a threat. Ran himself in to the ground and was nackered when he had to be withdrawn.

Williams - 7 - Contributed well. Helped out at the back as well as pulling strings in the middle. Would have scored higher if he hadn't dissappeared with 15/20 minutes to go. Perhaps lacks a little fitness.

Tiatto - 7 - Again, good. Looked up for it. No frills but very busy and I thought he gave us a bit of an edge for the first 20 minutes.

Porter - 7 - Busy and always wanting the ball. Starting to believe that Porter really can be a quality player. He just lacked a bit of quality to his balls in to the box. Also, sometimes by the time he had the ball he had 2 players on him. Seemed to link well with Fryatt, which is encouraging. Occasionally tried to do too much... but you have to accept that from wingers. Good game and I can only see him getting better.

Hume - 7 - Again. Good, hungry, competitive. Same as ever with Hume. Fryatt overshadowed him a little but their linkplay from the end of last season was back in evidence tonight.

Fryatt - 10 - I'm actually going to give the lad a 10. He did it all last night. Strong when asked to hold the ball up.. rarely gave possession away, linked well particularly with Hume and Porter. Full of running, looked to shoot on sight. Looks full of confidence now. Some of that sharpness was back, particularly start of second half, before I felt he tired a little. He also played his part in winning me some money.

Subs:

Stearman - 6 - Not bad, not great. Injected a bit of much needed energy at the time but distribution a little wayward.

Cadamarteri - 6 - The quality is there with the first touch etc... his balls in weren't very good though. Perhaps harsh to judge on this cameo. He needs to get fitter.. then we could have a player on our hands.

Wesolowski - 7 - Feel he's got more to give... but hustled and bustled, shot when invited to... just felt he tired far too easily and drifted well out of the game at the end. That said, he hasn't played a lot of football since his injuries.

Ref - 6 - Felt at times he was a bit of a homer (particularly when they were behind) but to be honest, we didn't help ourselves at times.

Our fans - 10

Them: Only seemed to play when behind.. Special mention - Montella. If they can get him really fit and playing regularly, they've got a hell of a classy player.

Dayout - 9 - Saw some good attacking football from the boys in blue, great loud atmosphere from our lot, anticipation of MM is rife, met Holly, Fezz, Lisa, Carl, Monk and Alan (hello all) and thoroghly enjoyed it. Would have scored full points if we'd gone through.

Henderson - 6 - Kicking was generally good, made some saves, but can't give him a higher mark with the amout of goals conceded.

McAuley - 8 - Impressed more and more with this guy. Granted, he should have not let the cross in for their first goal, but played solidly otherwise and capped if off with a good run and well taken header.

Kisnorbo - 6 - When we were in the lead he looked comfortable, but then when they pegged back goals, he lost composure (panicking, long balls etc) which is what we need to eradicate.

McCarthy - 4 - No organisation of the defence, and doesnt instill any confidence in me with poorly timed tackles and mistakes . Not sure why this man is the club captain.

Maybury - 6 - Did nothing wrong, had a good first half shot which fizzed just wide. Just wonder if Nisse should have been playing, Routledge on the right was pacy, but I think Nisse would have been experienced enough from the prem to deal with it.

Hughes - 7 - Ran his socks off and made lots of run to the byline and put some decent balls in. Should have a had a goal from his only chance.

Williams - 8 - Played quite well and is still the only guy i think can have a dig or pick out a clever pass.

Tiatto - 7 - Got his foot in as per usual before injured again.

Porter - 8 - Wish this guy would try and do a couple of defenders more, but other than that was the first guy generally who started off moves on the break, and ran for the team throughout.

Hume - 8 - Apart from a few bad decisons not to pass, the guy epitomises work ethic and had a very good game. Also impressed with the amount of headers he won, considering he was marked by a guy about a foot seemed.

Fryatt - 9 - Lets hope he can get some more in the league now. Great finish for the goal, worked tirelessly and good play to set up Weso's goal.

Subs:

Stearman - 6 - Slipped up a few times, didn't have time for much else/

Cadamarteri - 7 - Crossed a bit too early on several occasions when he had more time, but coming on as sub is a useful other option. Did OK.

Wesolowski - 8 - Really like this guy, gets his foot in, took his goal well. If he stays injury free (fingers crossed) he could be an excellent player for us.

So overall, great FA cup game, we had great fans, sang them off the pitch until their final goal :cry:

Bottom line is we conceded four goals, hence the reasonably bad defensive marks above, but going foward we were very impressive. Lets hope now at last we can translate this into our Championship games.

McAuley - 8 - Continues to impress. Fancy seeing him and Kisnorbo together in the middle for a decent run in the side. Dominant in the air both upfront and at the back and his distribution was sound, even under pressure.

They did but then some twat decided to put McCarthy back in the team :angry:

Henderson 6 - Pulled off one good save but his kicking was poor

McAuley 7.5 - Could have done better to stop the cross for the first goal but looked assured. He has to play centre-half with Stearman/Maybury at right-back.

McCarthy 5 - Poor and should be dropped.

Kisnorbo 6 - Not one of his better games and missed a vital chance towards the end of the match.

Maybury 6.5 - Out of position at left-back and struggled at time to rein in Routledge.

Hughes 8 - Looked assured on the ball and played a superb through ball for the first goal.

Williams 7 - Sometimes pondered too long on the ball but quite accurate with his passing.

Tiatto 8 - Played really well in first half and disrupted the Fulham midfield

Porter 6 - Not as his best

Fryatt 8 - Superb in the first half but drifted out of the game a little in the second

Hume 7.5 - Worked hard and always looked a threat

Subs:

Wesolowski 7.5 - Scored a great goal and did well in midfield

Stearman 6 - Did OK

Cadamarteri 7 - Looked threatening when he came on and provided some much needed pace

Henderson - 6 - Did not have a great deal to do overall. Made some decent stops though kicking was still not great but he kicked ok been as the goalmouth bobbled alot.

McAuley - 7 - Still not convinced he should be a right back as he does not offer as much as Stearman going foward. However last night he did well.

McCarthy - 6 - Still liable to alot of mistakes.

Kisnorbo - 7 - Carried McCarthy alot of the time. When on the ball I thought he looked very confident and passed well.

Maybury - 6 - Some sloppy passing but did his job well when he needed to.

Hughes - 7 - Backs out of alot of 50-50's that we really needed to win but he linked up well and supported the front two well.

Tiatto - 6 - Gutted he had to go off as he battled very well in the middle and won the ball alot.

Williams - 8 - Without him last night we would of not created alot of the chances we did. Spread the play in the middle well and for once got a few tackles in.

Porter - 7 - Did not get as much of the ball that he did in the game at the Walkers but I think Fulham realised he was a good attacking outlet for us.

Hume - 7 - Ran himself into the ground and deserved a goal for his determination for the team to do well.

Fryatt 9* - Great performance and hopefully a sign of things to come. Looked alot sharper and Hume and him linked up very well at times and looked like the front two we have been waiting for all season.

Subs

Weso - 7 - Fantastic strike for his goal and battled well in the centre of the midfield

Stearman - N/A

Cadamateri - 6 - Got on the ball alot but when he had it did very little worth mentioning.

Overall great night out atmosphere was great and although we didn't get a result it just summed up what the FA Cup is all about. :thumbup:

Henderson 6 - Pulled off one good save but his kicking was poor

McAuley 7.5 - Could have done better to stop the cross for the first goal but looked assured. He has to play centre-half with Stearman/Maybury at right-back.

McCarthy 5 - Poor and should be dropped.

Kisnorbo 6 - Not one of his better games and missed a vital chance towards the end of the match.

Maybury 6.5 - Out of position at left-back and struggled at time to rein in Routledge.

Hughes 8 - Looked assured on the ball and played a superb through ball for the first goal.

Williams 7 - Sometimes pondered too long on the ball but quite accurate with his passing.

Tiatto 8 - Played really well in first half and disrupted the Fulham midfield

Porter 6 - Not as his best

Fryatt 8 - Superb in the first half but drifted out of the game a little in the second

Hume 7.5 - Worked hard and always looked a threat

Subs:

Wesolowski 7.5 - Scored a great goal and did well in midfield

Stearman 6 - Did OK

Cadamarteri 7 - Looked threatening when he came on and provided some much needed pace

Due to no one moving!!!

They did but then some twat decided to put McCarthy back in the team :angry:

It's not the first example of Kelly moving the team around to accommodate someone he wants in the team instead of keeping square pegs in square holes. Sad to say McCarthy has not been worth his place for much of the time since he's been captain.

I thought this might be a groundbreaking season for him - that the captaincy might spur him on to really develop his game and to become a respected leader as well. Perhaps it is expecting too much too soon. Perhaps he never be that good a centre-back.

Whatever, it would certainly seem that we need to restabilise our defence. We've conceded two goals a game over the last five - and two goals a game rather too often before that. Suddenly conceding one goal a game doesn't sound so bad.

He didn't lack effort or commitment for a change though.

Good point but did give the ball away a bit,didnt use it enough or as well as he can do.

Was good to see him getting stuck in for a change and winning a few headers.

Further Ratings.

Wils' Hair - 10 - Awesome. Looked like it had been sculpted and styled by a crack team of celestial angel whores who'd all been trained by God's own personal hairdresser. Just gets better.

Well.....Y'Know. :P

......TPH's Dress sense - 10 - Amazingly sexy.

ok, here we go:

Henderson: 6 - couple of decent saves, couple of dodgy kicks

McAuley: 7 - our best defender but did tire in the second half

Kisnorbo: 6 - always looks relatively composed but did struggle with some of Fulham's movement

McCarthy: 5 - i think we're all agreed he's going have problems keeping his place

Maybury: 5 - i am always nervous when he has the ball, maybe it's just me

Hughes: 7 - first half very impressive but did fade badly before being subbed

Tiatto: 6 - committed as ever just lacking fitness

Williams: 7 - up for it, not his best game but deserves the 7 for effort alone

Porter: 7 - caused problems especially in the first half, not as influential when we were on the backfoot

Hume: 8 - i love this guy. dickov mark 2. goes for everything, never stops, passionate

Fryatt: 8 (MOTM) - best game this season, great finish and movement

Subs

Wesolowski: 8 - really impressed me with holding play while pushing forward when required, excellent goal

Stearman: 5 - little impact, not much to report

Cadamarteri: 6 - didn't do much but the team responded to his arrival and got back on top of Fulham

Archived