Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Flemmish

Cardiff 3-2 Leicester - Reactions

I was on coach 2... upstairs were maniacs :ph34r:

And Rowlatts, it was a long punt and Chopra outpaced Paddy Mc and talk a, what should have been, too heavy touch but hendo stayed on 6 yard box when he should have collected ball, chopra chipped hendo into opposite top corner... then looks around to blame paddy mc :@

Because Paddy played a shocking pass to Henderson that's why...

Sounds pretty shocking really.

That two-goals away didn't deserve nothing bluster doesn't wash.

As I've said before - if you score twice away before the opposition score, then yeah perhaps I'd agree. If you wait until you're three goals down before scoring twice away, you shouldn't be disappointed because you scored twice and didn't win... you should be appalled that you had to bury yourself in a six foot deep hole before you started scoring. :rolleyes:

Bastards.

Johnson OUT.

McCarthy OUT.

God we need Tiatto back in action - FAST!

If we play Johnson again against Luton, we'll get buried at our own gaff. :S:unsure::blink:

Sounds pretty shocking really.

That two-goals away didn't deserve nothing bluster doesn't wash.

As I've said before - if you score twice away before the opposition score, then yeah perhaps I'd agree. If you wait until you're three goals down before scoring twice away, you shouldn't be disappointed because you scored twice and didn't win... you should be appalled that you had to bury yourself in a six foot deep hole before you started scoring. :rolleyes:

Bastards.

Johnson OUT.

McCarthy OUT.

God we need Tiatto back in action - FAST!

If we play Johnson again against Luton, we'll get buried at our own gaff. :S:unsure::blink:

But Johnson played a fantastic game after coming back from injury - Andy Johnson! :mellow:

Yeah right, and my left bollock plays for the Scottish national side. :blink:

You must have a talentless left bollock then. Which isn't actually a bad thing as we have a club full of talentless bollocks.

We're in the shit - Kelly realises this now. Will he be able to pinpoint the exact reasons as to why we're not winning games, why we're conceding so many goals and why we're so shit infront of goal in order to correct them? Will he fook.

We won't be bring anybody in during this transfer window, and so Kelly is going to have to work with what he has, motivate them properly and start getting performances out of them. We can't perform relegation-escaping heroics forever. It'll eventually become too much for us and we'll bite the dust - just ask Nottingham Forest.

I didnt go nor did I listen in as I was out and about but from I can gauge, we were lucky to only lose 3-2! What I would add is that Cardiff at one stage in the season looked almost nailed on to win promotion but have slipped but they have had the luxury of spending cash last season and this and even had some decent loanees in (especially last season with Koumas). They are a better side than us unfortunately so we shouldnt be so shocked.

We need some money and quick!

From the Mail on Sunday

Cardiff City 3 Leicester City 2

Michael Chopra made it a miserable first anniversary for Leicester boss Rob Kelly after three super strikes left the visitors in tatters.

Kelly celebrated a year in the Walkers Stadium hot-seat this week but there was nothing to cheer on the pitch for travelling Leicester fans.

And with reports that Milan Mandaric has completed his £25million buy-out of the Midlands club, Kelly’s days as boss may now be numbered. Mandaric is known to admire the work of former Charlton manager Iain Dowie.

Star striker Chopra made a mockery of Cardiff’s recent miserable form by taking the match ball in stunning fashion. And Cardiff boss Dave Jones could not help but smile to see his 23-year-old striker hit top form again to make it 16 goals so far this season for a player he nicked from Newcastle in the summer.

"He has now scored four goals in two weeks after having a torrid time," said Jones. "People forget how old he is but he’s come through a tough time and his quality has shone through.

"They were three great finishes and hopefully he is now back on track but I still don’t think we’re as free flowing as much as we’re capable of.

"But it’s coming back and I’ve said for some time we were due to give someone a real hiding and at 3-0 I thought it was going to be Leicester."

The visitors managed to stop the rot with two late strikes to give the scoreline some respectability but manager Kelly admitted he was left disappointed after striker Iain Hume missed two golden chances to level for his side before Chopra twisted the knife.

Kelly said: "We showed a bit of fighting spirit but we’ve got to be careful I don’t keep on calling us unlucky because we need to know the reasons why.

"We had good chances to peg them back and they’ve taken us on the break and got three quality goals, we got punished and it’s disappointing. We defend as a team and attack as a team —it’s not about individuals.

"The hardest thing in the world is to score goals,that’s why strikers are worth so much money, but I’d worry about Iain more if he wasn’t in those positions. ‘There’s never a bad time to score but we had good chances at vital times when we could have got back at 1-1."

Chopra started the ball rolling when he curled home a 21st-minute free-kick from just outside the area, but Leicester had two great chances to take the game by the scruff of the neck after the break, only for Canadian striker Hume to blow them both.

First, he shot well over in the 49th minute when Stephen Hughes’ cross found him unmarked in the area.

Then, six minutes later he missed again, this time shooting wide when Gareth Williams and Hughes had combined to set up the opportunity. And Cardiff duly made the most of Hume’s misfortune in the 57th minute, Stephen McPhail’s fine long pass finding Chopra and the striker finishing brilliantly with a flick of his right foot to chip over Henderson.

Chopra was still not satisfied and completing his hat-trick in the 69th minute. Stephen Thompson intercepted a back pass meant for keeper Paul Henderson and set up his strike partner to fire home into an empty net.

Patrick Kisnorbo did score for Leicester two minutes later when he nodded home Hughes’ corner and Elvis Hammond pulled another goal back with a minute to go, but it was not enough to stop the jubilation of Cardiff fans who had waited a long time to see their team taste a home victory.

Absoloute wank.

I dont know what McCarthy needs to do to get dropped , he's a liability. I'd rather have Dion Dublin at CB instead of captain wanktastic :yawn::(

Legend. Brilliant at times, goal-line clearance against Watford, then liability at times, bad misjudgement for Watfords goal in the same game. :rolleyes:

On a serious note, I do agree that McCarthy should be dropped.

From the Mail on Sunday

Cardiff City 3 Leicester City 2

Michael Chopra made it a miserable first anniversary for Leicester boss Rob Kelly after three super strikes left the visitors in tatters.

Kelly celebrated a year in the Walkers Stadium hot-seat this week but there was nothing to cheer on the pitch for travelling Leicester fans.

And with reports that Milan Mandaric has completed his £25million buy-out of the Midlands club, Kelly’s days as boss may now be numbered. Mandaric is known to admire the work of former Charlton manager Iain Dowie.

Star striker Chopra made a mockery of Cardiff’s recent miserable form by taking the match ball in stunning fashion. And Cardiff boss Dave Jones could not help but smile to see his 23-year-old striker hit top form again to make it 16 goals so far this season for a player he nicked from Newcastle in the summer.

"He has now scored four goals in two weeks after having a torrid time," said Jones. "People forget how old he is but he’s come through a tough time and his quality has shone through.

"They were three great finishes and hopefully he is now back on track but I still don’t think we’re as free flowing as much as we’re capable of.

"But it’s coming back and I’ve said for some time we were due to give someone a real hiding and at 3-0 I thought it was going to be Leicester."

The visitors managed to stop the rot with two late strikes to give the scoreline some respectability but manager Kelly admitted he was left disappointed after striker Iain Hume missed two golden chances to level for his side before Chopra twisted the knife.

Kelly said: "We showed a bit of fighting spirit but we’ve got to be careful I don’t keep on calling us unlucky because we need to know the reasons why.

"We had good chances to peg them back and they’ve taken us on the break and got three quality goals, we got punished and it’s disappointing. We defend as a team and attack as a team â€â€it’s not about individuals.

"The hardest thing in the world is to score goals,that’s why strikers are worth so much money, but I’d worry about Iain more if he wasn’t in those positions. ‘There’s never a bad time to score but we had good chances at vital times when we could have got back at 1-1."

Chopra started the ball rolling when he curled home a 21st-minute free-kick from just outside the area, but Leicester had two great chances to take the game by the scruff of the neck after the break, only for Canadian striker Hume to blow them both.

First, he shot well over in the 49th minute when Stephen Hughes’ cross found him unmarked in the area.

Then, six minutes later he missed again, this time shooting wide when Gareth Williams and Hughes had combined to set up the opportunity. And Cardiff duly made the most of Hume’s misfortune in the 57th minute, Stephen McPhail’s fine long pass finding Chopra and the striker finishing brilliantly with a flick of his right foot to chip over Henderson.

Chopra was still not satisfied and completing his hat-trick in the 69th minute. Stephen Thompson intercepted a back pass meant for keeper Paul Henderson and set up his strike partner to fire home into an empty net.

Patrick Kisnorbo did score for Leicester two minutes later when he nodded home Hughes’ corner and Elvis Hammond pulled another goal back with a minute to go, but it was not enough to stop the jubilation of Cardiff fans who had waited a long time to see their team taste a home victory.

That's a laugh. He never wants to know the reasons why. And doesn't listen when he's told them week in, week out. Yes different people express different reasons but there's so much overlap surely the basic messages should get across.

a) McCarthy.

b) People out of position

c) No genuine box-to-box midfielder

d) Malfunctioning centre-forwards

e) No proper right winger.

f) Persisting with a system that demands playing someone out of position

g) No fluidity and general sense of purpose

h) No plan B

i) Selecting part-fit footballers (Fryatt, Williams, Weso, Cadamarteri, Kenton come to mind at different times).

j) No fluidity/sense of direction

k) No real leadership

l) Bizarre selection/tactical and management decisions

m) Persistent selection of off-form/ineffective/injured players.

n) General fitness levels

o) Coaching effect: throw-ins, movement, close control, corners.

Yes, I realise not everyone will agree with all of those but if RK really wants to know why things are going wrong then there's quite enough there to give him a start.

Sounds a shambles.

Rob needs to pull his finger out and quick,Saturday is a must must win game cant afford to lose or even draw it tbh.

So do the majority of our players. Once they cross the white line it is down to them to make simple passes, decent back-passes etc. They showed they could compete with a strong Fulham side from the Premiership. The side yesterday was the same as the one that finished the Fulham game. A side that had been 3-1 up. They've had over a week off to relax and get prepared and then they still put up a lacklustre showing. The players were praised for their performances against Fulham so should take a fair bit of blame following the Cardiff showing.

Just saw the highlights, didn't see the buil-up to any of Chopra's goals, but they were all quality finishes.

Kisnorbo's was just a header, and Hammond took his goal pretty well, held off the defender + a good turn and poked it into the near bottom corner.

Archived