Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Something to say about Mandaric & the Takeover

Don't see why this wouldn't be the case. Seeing as MM is now offering two thirds of sod all for the club, you can't blame the shareholders for looking at other options. I personally think MM is taking the piss now and should either stump up a fair price or sod off.

Let's face it, our existing shareholders have more resources between them than MM could possibly lay his hands on, and if a select group of them could secure control and buyout those not willing to stump up a decent amount for a promotion push, then just maybe they will be willing to put it in between them. Not sure Taylor has the resouces to be one of those though.

Why do people think the shareholders should demand a profit? The club is worthless - would you pay for something that is worthless then put your own money to make it something?

If existing shareholders have more resource - well why have they kept it to themselves for so long and let the club turn into what it is now? Sometimes I wonder if posters like this have any brains at all.

I gave my money to the foxes tust for it to help the club - now they couldn't do more to ruin it - because they have been shown up for what they are - now they are rumoured to attend a grace road meeting - just to keep their oar in. Let it go all of you - go home! Let MM take our club where we want it.

Why do people think the shareholders should demand a profit? The club is worthless - would you pay for something that is worthless then put your own money to make it something?

If existing shareholders have more resource - well why have they kept it to themselves for so long and let the club turn into what it is now? Sometimes I wonder if posters like this have any brains at all.

I gave my money to the foxes tust for it to help the club - now they couldn't do more to ruin it - because they have been shown up for what they are - now they are rumoured to attend a grace road meeting - just to keep their oar in. Let it go all of you - go home! Let MM take our club where we want it.

you have a point, they have had plenty of time to mount a bid etc.

I was under the impression that when they "saved" the club (i thank them) it wasn't about money it was to keep the club alive, to give it back to the community. Well guess what most of the community are saying go, thanks for the help but GO!

the theory that they are waiting to get the price down, if this is true then shame on them, they have caused embarresment to the club and its fans. I wouldn't blame milan if he took his cash somewhere else if another bid came in. I would imagine that most champoinship clubs are looking for additional investment or a buyer. Cov for one.

Get your facts straight mate. David Wilson and Martin George between then have more cash than Mandaric could possibly lay his hands on. The reasons why they have not spent it on the club are many, as are the reasons why they might do now. The main one is control. You don;t put your money up if you can;t control how it is spent. Simple as that.

You clearly have no clue about the various methods used to value a business, nor do you understand the concept of potential.

Quite how you think the shareholdrs are going to make anything near a profit I have no idea.. Unless you are foolish enough to believe the Bid is £25M. You don't read the Mercury by any chance?

Get your facts straight mate. David Wilson and Martin George between then have more cash than Mandaric could possibly lay his hands on. The reasons why they have not spent it on the club are many, as are the reasons why they might do now. The main one is control. You don;t put your money up if you can;t control how it is spent. Simple as that.

You clearly have no clue about the various methods used to value a business, nor do you understand the concept of potential.

Quite how you think the shareholdrs are going to make anything near a profit I have no idea.. Unless you are foolish enough to believe the Bid is £25M. You don't read the Mercury by any chance?

You have no idea what I do ;) I bet I have been involved in more business deals than Wilson & George have spent days stood back and not invested in the club.

Hmm so how long have Wilson & George been around the Leicester scene? A long time - So how long have they had to invest in the club? A long time. Have they done anything in all that time? No. Tell me if I am wrong on any of these!

So another investor comes along - has the ability to take control (which they have proven that they cannot achieve this) - they start making noises because they lose previous bum space in cushy places. Well after all the years with this lot around and this club going down the pan - does not take much sense to realise the better option. Have you seen Portsmouth recently?

You see you hit the nail on the head - what has ruined our club over the years has been this issue of control - these people who will not put anything they have to gain it - but always fighting for it. MM will sort this by getting rid of all this old wood - once and forall. Hope they take the FT with them.

they might not want to buy the club for £6million, but if it's going for £600k?

You have no idea what I do ;) I bet I have been involved in more business deals than Wilson & George have spent days stood back and not invested in the club.

Hmm so how long have Wilson & George been around the Leicester scene? A long time - So how long have they had to invest in the club? A long time. Have they done anything in all that time? No. Tell me if I am wrong on any of these!

So another investor comes along - has the ability to take control (which they have proven that they cannot achieve this) - they start making noises because they lose previous bum space in cushy places. Well after all the years with this lot around and this club going down the pan - does not take much sense to realise the better option. Have you seen Portsmouth recently?

You see you hit the nail on the head - what has ruined our club over the years has been this issue of control - these people who will not put anything they have to gain it - but always fighting for it. MM will sort this by getting rid of all this old wood - once and forall. Hope they take the FT with them.

Why do you think that these two guys, who are worth 10s/100s of millions are worried about losing "previous bum space in cushy places"? Just a thought like!

I can just imagine them down the golf club crying their eyes out at the thought of having to pay for a season ticket :D .

Not to say they should get them free; I just somehow, in the scheme of things believe they'd think that was a priority.

Why do you think that these two guys, who are worth 10s/100s of millions are worried about losing "previous bum space in cushy places"? Just a thought like!

I can just imagine them down the golf club crying their eyes out at the thought of having to pay for a season ticket :D .

Not to say they should get them free; I just somehow, in the scheme of things believe they'd think that was a priority.

Its not about season tickets - its about hobnobbing and networking that one can gain from being in a position at a football club. I think you overvalue what these guys have available as equity. Like I said if they were in a position to takeover themselves they have had a very long time to do it - like when we went under for a start. They have had their chance - now they are behaving like kids who are not interested in the toy unless someone wants to have it.

Its not about season tickets - its about hobnobbing and networking that one can gain from being in a position at a football club. I think you overvalue what these guys have available as equity. Like I said if they were in a position to takeover themselves they have had a very long time to do it - like when we went under for a start. They have had their chance - now they are behaving like kids who are not interested in the toy unless someone wants to have it.

No they are behaving like men who stumped up significant amounts of cash for an asset which someone else wants to take away for sod all. Now I wouldn't like that and I'm sure they don't either. However, they realise that there has to be a change, so they are looking at it. They will hardly get the Kudos you are talking about with a League 1 club in administation will they.

So you don't think the £295M in David Wilson's pocket is a lot of equity? How much do you want?

Dream on they don't need to go to the football to hobnob and network and as for available equity, are you suggesting they haven't got enough to buy a ST. Now that is funny.

No they are behaving like men who stumped up significant amounts of cash for an asset which someone else wants to take away for sod all. Now I wouldn't like that and I'm sure they don't either. However, they realise that there has to be a change, so they are looking at it. They will hardly get the Kudos you are talking about with a League 1 club in administation will they.

So you don't think the £295M in David Wilson's pocket is a lot of equity? How much do you want?

Yes, but is he happy? :D

You keep proving my point - all talk no action. So little action we are now in so much trouble when these people stood and watched.

MM talks it - but more importantly takes action - he must have had a nitemare with the clowns at the club already - who cannot even keep sums.

You keep proving my point - all talk no action. So little action we are now in so much trouble when these people stood and watched.

MM talks it - but more importantly takes action - he must have had a nitemare with the clowns at the club already - who cannot even keep sums.

40 odd shareholders is clearly a lot to deal with. We obviously need one or at least a few to come in and run the club with the power and cash to do something. I just don't follow your logic that these guys can't do it just as well as Milan. You are talknig sh!t. (Edit: We all do that a fair amount on here to be fair!)

40 odd shareholders is clearly a lot to deal with. We obviously need one or at least a few to come in and run the club with the power and cash to do something. I just don't follow your logic that these guys can't do it just as well as Milan. You are talknig sh!t. (Edit: We all do that a fair amount on here to be fair!)

I won't even go there with the derogatory words- if thats all you know. :yawn:

The fact are the "other guys" have had forever to sort themselves out - but they must have got stuck in a paperbag.

MM turns up - straight in - we have some hope. These guys only found the exit to the paperbag as MM showed them the light on how things get done. I want to see the back of them - they have never done us any good (quite the opposite) - I want us to have a club worth watching - not the rubbish we have endured over the years. MM will be a single owner and Portsmouth is the proof of his commitment and drive.

What is it about MM that you don't like? The only person who has tried to save us? Does your feelings for shareholders that could afford to lose the relatively small amounts of money each they used to "help" (rememeber they were helping - not looking to make money) overide that of us being a football club again?

The fact are the "other guys" have had forever to sort themselves out - but they must have got stuck in a paperbag.

MM turns up - straight in - we have some hope. These guys only found the exit to the paperbag as MM showed them the light on how things get done. I want to see the back of them - they have never done us any good (quite the opposite) - I want us to have a club worth watching - not the rubbish we have endured over the years. MM will be a single owner and Portsmouth is the proof of his commitment and drive.

What is it about MM that you don't like? The only person who has tried to save us? Does your feelings for shareholders that could afford to lose the relatively small amounts of money each they used to "help" (rememeber they were helping - not looking to make money) overide that of us being a football club again?

I agree just get the deal done then we can start to dream of premiership football. The likes of Man u ect ect ect at the walkers :thumbup:

Sounds like bollocks, I'm afraid. Unless you count doing the photocopying as being involved. I mean, ask yourself, how many movers and shakers ask for advice from illiterates who spend their time spouting nonsense on message boards?

I know its hardly new news but I cant remember a respected sports paper like the Sporting life actually putting a report together of Dowie being set to replace RK. Also ITV said the same at http://www.itv-football.co.uk/Championship...1902599,00.html and

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/cc_ch...MHD=nationwide1

DOWIE IN LINE FOR FOXES JOB - REPORT

Iain Dowie is set to make a comeback to management at Championship club Leicester, according to reports.

Dowie has been out of work since November when he was axed by Premiership strugglers Charlton, but will be offered a role at the Walkers Stadium when Milan Mandaric completes his takeover of the club, according to the Daily Mirror.

Former Portsmouth chairman Mandaric is close to tying up his £25 million takeover and wants his own man at the helm, with the Midlands club currently languishing in 18th place in the Championship under Rob Kelly.

Dowie was controversially sacked by Charlton earlier this season after just 15 games in charge and was reported to have turned down the Hull job earlier in the season.

However, the 42 year-old has enjoyed success in the Championship before, guiding Crystal Palace to the Premiership in 2004 after a play-off win over West Ham.

Serbian businessman Mandaric was introduced to the Foxes fans before Saturday's 1-1 home draw with Luton and the club are confident the takeover deal will be completed this week. ( :D:D:D:D The week that never comes!!!)

Remember what I said about a meeting at Grace Road the other day???... well...

From foxes trust.

"We can confirm it went ahead and several FT board members along with some other shareholders attended.

Also with some other shareholders most of the FT board attended a meeting with MM on Weds night.

That is all we can say for now"

I'd rather have Dowie.

I would have said the same but his signings for Charlton in the top flight were really ropey. Then again I`d like to be in a position to moan that his prem signings are dodgy if we were in that bloody division!

I tend to agree here.

I find it increasingly hard not to criticise our current board and shareholders, perhaps not all of them but some of them have outstayed their welcome due to their inpetitude in running a football club. I'm also very sceptical as to why they suddenly want control of the football club when they've had chances in the past to at least try to gain control if they really wanted it.

It seems to me, that these people don't want to control the club, but then don't want anyone else to control it either. They are being pushed in to this by their own ego's. Perhaps i'm being a bit harsh, but then none of us know. Some people criticise Mandaric for the way he's conducting himself, but one thing he hasn't done is be part of this club that's failed for several years. He's a new story, a new era. Surely that's what we need? Especially when the alternative comes from people that haven't exactly been desperate to seize control of this club and take it places. That is their own perogative though, they did put some money in to save us but was that because they were convinced to do so, rather than because they were desperate to see this club successful again?. Wilson won't of got where he is today by offering more money than things are worth.

I have my suspicions, Mandaric get's my vote. We need a new era, above everything else. Also, the club isn't worth what it was 4-5 years ago. So what's the problem with him offering a reduced share price?. Wilson and co won;t of got where they are today by offering more money than things are worth.

Archived