Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Something to say about Mandaric & the Takeover

perhaps someone from the trust would like to come on and explain why they have removed the article saying they were backing their bid and have signed the necessary paperwork from their website?

article basicaly said

ft agreed to bid as it was in the best shrot term and mid term interests of the club.

also stressed it was a matter of urgency and urged all parties to get the deal moving even if there is not the reqired % take up.

headline on tb saying trust backs bid! looks like it might finally happen!

Can't you just copy the actual text of the article and paste it into a post on here?

Please :P

It's on their main site now...

Following recent confirmation from the Foxes Trust Board that they had received the relevant paperwork from Leicester City FC regarding the Milan Mandaric takeover bid, the Trust Board has today released the following statement.

The Foxes Trust Board has today signed and submitted to the Leicester City FC Board the irrevocable undertaking documentation to sell its shares to UK Football Investments, LLC (the organisation created by Milan Mandaric to own LCFC).

Trust Board Member Matt Davis commented "Until now the Trust has always stated we were neither for nor against the takeover by Milan Mandaric & wanted to view the final bid detail before making any commitment. At the same time we also wanted to make sure all other options had been fully considered, just as we did when there were rival consortiums seeking to take the club out of administration a few years agoâ€Â

"The loss of parachute payments & falling attendances will, inevitably, mean the club urgently needs additional investment to be competitive in the Championship or risk losing our proud record of never being below 2nd tier football."

Chairman Ian Bason stated “We have now concluded the Milan Mandaric bid offers the best short & medium term option for Leicester City Football Club to play competitive football at the highest possible level, in particular his years of experience of running a number of clubs is not matched by the board which has ran the club in recent yearsâ€Â

“In our view the deal proposed by Mandaric is currently the only viable option for taking Leicester City Club forward. Ideally we would have liked to have had assurances on the issues we raised directly with Mandaric's representatives prior to the EGM in November before giving our support. However securing the deal is now of the utmost priority & urge all connected with the club and Mandaric’s representatives (even if the required % of shareholders support is not achieved initially) to ensure this prevails. Following the conclusion of the takeover we will then will be seeking to work closely with Mandaric to resolve the longer term issues we have raised.â€Â

Last Updated ( Sunday, 11 February 2007 )

All I ever hear is people saying

Can someone give me a sensible reason as to why he'd be a bad manager for us?

Or is it because he's an ugly man?

Because he's shit? :dunno:

Click to read more. :mellow:

He managed promotion exactly once. A late dash for the play-offs at that.

Let us not forget there's a candidate out there whose team, in the same season as Dowie's Palace, secured automatic promotion - as champions, no less. :whistle:

This man also promoted a team exactly once. Additionally, like Dowie, he's readily available.

he was unlucky at charlton

Spending more money than any other manager in their history and still managing to be shit... truly unlucky.

If Dowie was unlucky at Charlton, then that's alright - he must be the man for us.

Then again... Peter Taylor will soon be back in the hunt for a job. :whistle:

I hear he was also unlucky. :dunno:

he still had just 15 games and they would have gelled as a team sooner or later

probably later but owell :P

Craig Levein only had 15 months - and his team had been completely transformed during the close season. Should he have been given more time to help the team 'gel'?

Peter Taylor wasn't around long either, and he did lots of buying/selling - did he need some extra time to let the team gel?

Dowie probably should have been in the job longer than he was... but one way or another he laid the groundwork for their impending relegation. :thumbup:

Because he's shit? :dunno:

Click to read more. :mellow:

He managed promotion exactly once. A late dash for the play-offs at that.

Let us not forget there's a candidate out there whose team, in the same season as Dowie's Palace, secured automatic promotion - as champions, no less. :whistle:

This man also promoted a team exactly once. Additionally, like Dowie, he's readily available.

Well, to be fair I will be very welcoming to Dowie if he comes. He is passionate and this is something Rob 'Too Nice' Kelly is not.

Dowie almost kept Palace in the Prem, last day n' all.

So give him a break. Stop moaning and put more effort into supporting the team. ;)

Craig Levein only had 15 months - and his team had been completely transformed during the close season. Should he have been given more time to help the team 'gel'?

Peter Taylor wasn't around long either, and he did lots of buying/selling - did he need some extra time to let the team gel?

Dowie probably should have been in the job longer than he was... but one way or another he laid the groundwork for their impending relegation. :thumbup:

Think you will find Les Reed had a large part in that. He stabbed ID in the back and promised to change things. He was the real villain.

Charlton looked good against Utd yesterday, they will make a real fight of it.

lookwhaticando.............moan all the time??

Well, to be fair I will be very welcoming to Dowie if he comes. He is passionate and this is something Rob 'Too Nice' Kelly is not.

Dowie almost kept Palace in the Prem, last day n' all.

So give him a break. Stop moaning and put more effort into supporting the team. ;)

So did the alternative I suggested earlier.

Both men promoted teams that season - one as champions, others by a late play-off dash.

Both men nearly kept their teams in the top division - both failed on the last day, although Wortho had a better shout than Dowie thanks to the previous 37 games played before that day.

As for not moaning and supporting the team more, I'm more patient with managers than many on here, so my record has been reasonably sound. Or at least it will be until we appoint Dowie. :thumbup:

Think you will find Les Reed had a large part in that. He stabbed ID in the back and promised to change things. He was the real villain.

Charlton looked good against Utd yesterday, they will make a real fight of it.

lookwhaticando.............moan all the time??

Don't worry, I hate Reed plenty. :thumbup:

He's a scrote. Woe is Les. :doh:

Les Reed, Iain Dowie and The Board have all played their part in the relegation of their club. :thumbup:

Dowie for spending money on shite, and the board for allowing him to spend money on aforementioned shite. ;)

And Les Reed for... well, being Les Reed, really. :whistle:

----

Thing is, for me, Dowie is not the manager I would like to see at Leicester City. I don't believe he's all that good. Still believe he's riding on the back of one good half-season. Rob Kelly had a decent run of 16 games once, too. :thumbup:

Archived