Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chesterfox

Ultras

i sent...

hello, i am emailing you regarding the new "singing section"

i would like to comment on how much i enjoyed my day. I do normally sit in the kop (STH) but switch and enjoyed N block more! my grandad, who is quite old, also enjoyed it, saying "reminded me of the old kop! singing along to the songs, what an atmosphere!" quite something for an elderly to say! I would also like to add that how i would love for the N block to be a designated "singing section" to go on into the west brom, and i speak for many fans that were there! i also feel it made a big difference on the team, as upto 40 minutes!!! before the game we was singing, while the team were warming up, which i feel would have motivated them! we also seemed to quieten the coventry fans, all be it the score helped!

I am not so much begging you, but almost pleeding with you for N block to be "singing section" for the WBA clash, so WE can make a difference for the football club

many thanks

Nathan

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That's my nomination for Manwell's quote of the week thingy!

Itching to find out what's happening on Saturday now.

same here, i think jamie will have some news today. It was a really good experiance as well as meeting different types of people

hoping for good news!!! plenty of people have emailed in, backing the scheme, including me :thumbup: so surely if they are taking in count what "families" were saying, than they should DEFFO be fascinated by our reviews, and experiences, and therefor take into consideration our views more, as im sure most(not all!) of the families arent season ticket holder!!

Just sent this

Dear Peter

I would just like to comment on how much i enjoyed the occasion of being situated in block N1 on Saturday. The atmosphere certaintly was superb and i would urge the club, on behalf of the hundreds present on Saturday who thoroughly enjoyed and the many whom could enjoy the N block atmosphere, to support N1 as the new singing section.

I spoke to many fans who were delighted with the section both vocally and with the genuine passion all present share for the club and it was a shame a small number of Coventry fans tried to spoil the occasion leading to the drum being taken away. I feel the behaviour of a small number if Coventry fans is no reason at all to not support N1 infact i see it as more reason to support the idea because the Leicester City fans in the block behaved impecably, despite several coins being thrown towards us (and i hear of shutters being kicked, but was not present so cannot comment but again, I am informed the Leicester City fans were blameless.

The issue of standing is one that refuses to leave us and although many present stood i would like to know the clubs position on standing. I am informed clubs are under pressure to make supporters sit but i would ask two questions.

1) Are the safety groups really concerned about a relatively small number of Leicester fans standing in blocks L1 and N1 when literally thousands of fans stand on mass at the other grounds each week. For instance many thousands stand at Tottenham, West Ham, Manchester United, Liverpool every week and further more there are dozens of clubs whose fans stand on mass to a greater extent than at the Walkers Stadium.

2) Do the clubs and do Leicester City feel it could be feasible to put pressure on the authorities to try to cater for the many fans nationwide who wish to stand up at football matches?

I and all of those around me on Saturday thoroughly enjoyed the occasion and i would just like to express my support for the "singing section" in block N1

Many Thanks

John

I just sent an email to peter also :thumbup:

The argument of standing I feel is ludicrus, if we can do it in L1 surely we can in N1. anyone see all the tottenham fans yesterday at Fulham all standing, just like we did in the Cup and nobody cared in the slightest, is our stadium made of Plastecine or something? :rolleyes:

I just sent an email to peter also :thumbup:

The argument of standing I feel is ludicrus, if we can do it in L1 surely we can in N1. anyone see all the tottenham fans yesterday at Fulham all standing, just like we did in the Cup and nobody cared in the slightest, is our stadium made of Plastecine or something? :rolleyes:

Well it was moving at one point :mellow:

I hope those who emailed the club spell checked their letters first. Disgraceful grammar and punctuation by some posters. Shameful!

Just to put my point across about the volume of the 3 singing sections, I think that the construction, style and materials used in the make up of the Walkers is not conducive to a wall of noise. I think that the noise generated is unlikely to get past the half way line inspite of it's volume and the area in which it comes from. This is why N1 could barely hear the South Stand and why the South can never hear L1. Dispite this I'm sure that the players can hear it. The added bonus now, if my theory is correct, is that the players can hear Leicester fans ALL the time. Well done N block..well done L1 and well done to the South Stand.

Good performance = good atmosphere.

Why does every thread on this forum about the atmopshere turn into a Kop vs N1 vs L1 battle? It shouldn't matter. We're all LCFC fans and we all want the same goal. For Leicester to do well.

Anyone in the Kop who say they can't hear N1 or L1 need their ears testing. Besides, thats the way it should be. If we in the Kop were as loud as we should be, then we shouldn't be able to hear them. I know, and everyone else who sits in the South Stand, week in week out, knows that we arent loud enough, and it is a problem.

I'd love to see the Kop switch ends for next season, but there isn't much chance of that to be honest. So failing that, I'd love to have our Ultras try and form an area in the Kop. Obviously it'd be harder because there isn't a clear cut area, but at each corner of the Kop, there are two areas which are sparsely populated, and they could be successful in creating a great Kop atmopshere!

Many of the new N-blockers will currently be happy with their current position next to the away fans, but there simply is not enough room there for this Ultras scheme to be a success. I'd love them to switch ends and get 1000-2000 Ultras in the Kop. :)

I agree with what you say about it shouldn't be a battle between sections of the stadium but to be fair it is hard to hear opposite ends of the ground unless everyone is singing which just doesn't happen.

It was hard to hear N block from where I was (C2), and probably those in N block couldn't hear the Kop who were actually singing a lot more than usual.

For those of you awaiting a post from me containing news on the issue, I am sorry but I am going to have to disappoint you this evening. I haven't heard from Peter Jones today as I fear he may have been busy attending to other matters. I have however left an email with him and I expect that he will, as he has done before, reply to it as soon as he reads it. If I do not have a reply to the email by the time I arrive home from college tomorrow, I shall phone him and see what the club have concluded on the issue. I will be sure to post on here tomorrow with news one way or the other.

If there is no news then we may well decide to just press ahead in N on Saturday against West Brom.

Sorry to disappoint. :)

For those of you awaiting a post from me containing news on the issue, I am sorry but I am going to have to disappoint you this evening. I haven't heard from Peter Jones today as I fear he may have been busy attending to other matters. I have however left an email with him and I expect that he will, as he has done before, reply to it as soon as he reads it. If I do not have a reply to the email by the time I arrive home from college tomorrow, I shall phone him and see what the club have concluded on the issue. I will be sure to post on here tomorrow with news one way or the other.

If there is no news then we may well decide to just press ahead in N on Saturday against West Brom.

Like the sound of that! :w00t:

We're the North Stand, We're the North Stand, We're the North Stand Family! (That's what my brother thought we were singing lol )

I have received a response from Peter Jones via email and he is planning to respond to each personally-but he admits there are LOTS! He wants to meet me, Jamie and Andy again as before some time this week for a meeting.

Take that as you will. I think the best bet is to save wasting time as he has not dismissed the notion of a singing section in his reply to relocate as before and see what the ticket office say-they cannot prevent you from doing so and the block has not been cordoned off. I fear the club will be wasting time and dragging their heels, so test the water and relocate. Otherwise it could be detrimental to the success of the singing section.

If we want this area, lets mobilise and get ready for the Baggies on Saturday. Please, everyone, contact the Ticket Office tomorrow to relocate. We, as fans, need to take matters into our own hands until it becomes obvious otherwise! Come on!!! Let's do our part Blue Army!

Fair do's mate! :thumbup:

Will just have to keep biting them nails, already past me quick tho :/

I think the club never thought it would be big, probably (like a lot of users on here) thought it would be 50 kids with a flag, drum and scarf and it turned out to be nearly full and with plenty of adults there.

Excellent. :cool:

Back there for baggies!

This make my reply from the ticket office bad then.

quote "Unfortunatly we can not sell any tickets for this section for the West Brom game"

Didn't want to scaremonger before Jme post but make of it what you will. I have replied to Peter Jones and am awaiting his reply like all of you are.

Hopefully its nothing to worry about and that its just a communication thing between Peter Jones and the Ticket Office - as I am betting they were briefed not to sell any tickets till the outcome of the meeting was known.

Everyone contact the club and find out what is going on!!! I do not want to have to attend a meeting to be given a list of excuses and reasons. Let's petition the club with requests and demonstrate to them the popularity of the idea!

Everyone contact the club and find out what is going on!!! I do not want to have to attend a meeting to be given a list of excuses and reasons. Let's petition the club with requests and demonstrate to them the popularity of the idea!

You've been fecked off thats whats going on, probabley for persistant standing swearing and having coins thrown at you, you were warned.

Archived