Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chesterfox

Ultras

yes but if they say they want us out of the family stand we can say to the club you get the family's out of the kop then

There will be a solution to this problem! Yes in the family stand they are ST holders but so am I and I will also expect my rights to be viewd just the same as anyone elses, its only fair after all.

Compromise is the name of the game for LCFC and P J in particular! He must get his skates on as i think there will be more going to block N on Satdi than the last!

Firstly, I'd like to say thankyou again to everyone who joined us yesterday in N Block and enjoyed it. I'm glad you did and I appreciate the support, and the fact you want to do it all again makes me view the whole thing as a success. I'd also like to say thankyou to everyone who has posted congratulations since I last posted in here. :cheers::appl::worship:

I've just got off the phone with Peter Jones, and to be honest I got mixed vibes. The original point of the phone call was to see what I thought about the whole event - a success I told him naturally and gave him all of the reasons I read on here. He thinks it's good we were being heard because given the nature of the game, the circumstances and the scoreline, there was atmosphere inside the ground anyway. His words were "you'd be heard more if we were playing someone like Luton and the game was flat or we were drawing or losing". lol

Then I explained to him what my concerns were: the coin throwing and the kicking of the shutters, to which he agreed they were concerns. He didn't say it directly, but I fear that the club are also quite unhappy with the amount of standing that went on. Then there is the amount of "foul language" - apparently quite high according to him.

There will be the routine debrief tomorrow at the club where they can discuss everything about yesterdays game (the whole matchday experience not just N Block). According to PJ, there are a lot of disgruntled fans in the Family Stand section (mostly to do with the shutter kicking). He'll be in touch with them after the meeting tomorrow, and he'll also be in touch with me tomorrow to talk about this meeting and the plans for the future.

Do the family stand not get constant swearing from the away fans anyway? Strikes me as odd that they suddenly complain now.

But anyway, what happens if they say that they want to leave and and try again next season when season-ticket holders in the family stand can be warned about what's happening, or the family area moved altogether? What happens between now and the end of the season? Does everyone drift off back to where they used to sit? Do people carry on buying tickets anyway? Or will you keep it together but relocate to block K or block G or something?

That was always going to be the problem having the singing section between the family stand and the away fans.

Jamie is right, you can't just tell several thousand fans who are families, some with young children to fook off. A lot of these children are the next generation of Leicester fans, and to isolate them is just plain stupid. Football is changing and we have to move with the times. There is a much more varied demographic going to football matches now. These people are giving money to the club- why shouldn't they have a say? With an argument like that Kilworth you'll get nowhere with the club- 500 fans vs 2000 odd family stand season ticket holders. Who will win?

That is why I say the best solution would be to move the Kop or the away fans so that they are away from the family stand altogether, and they can have the section of the ground that they want and we can have the section we want. I'm sure that's easier said then done, but I think it should certainly be looked into more if the club wants to improve the atmosphere.

We asked for N1 and were told this was the best place to be situated. True. I'll wait to see what the meeting tomorrow throws up, and I'll make a snap-decision on my feet tomorrow in relation to what we're going to do. I'm not sure going to Milan would do much, as if the H&S people are against it, he cannot exactly overrule them I wouldn't think.

The without consent thing is a strong possibility should the club refuse to take the idea further, though that could also cause problems.

Also true. I will explain this if he pulls the plug because the families are offended by the behaviour. As I have said before, what's the point in having a Family Stand when the Under 8's option is available to the entire stadium, and there are many families sat in both the Kop and L1?

Milan owns the ground! Milans club, Milan's rules! H&S fines are a problem when you are skint but we are rich now aren't we? :rolleyes:

He wants to be loved by all especially those who love the game and club as he does or will in time. :thumbup:

Do the family stand not get constant swearing from the away fans anyway? Strikes me as odd that they suddenly complain now.

But anyway, what happens if they say that they want to leave and and try again next season when season-ticket holders in the family stand can be warned about what's happening, or the family area moved altogether? What happens between now and the end of the season? Does everyone drift off back to where they used to sit? Do people carry on buying tickets anyway? Or will you keep it together but relocate to block K or block G or something?

All interesting questions mate, but as of this moment in time, I do not have the relevant answers. The club have a meeting tomorrow to discuss all aspects of Saturdays game (including N Block), and then Peter Jones shall be ringing me.

After finishing talking to him, I will make a decision on what we should do for the remainder of this season and indeed next season. I'd say we'll still have the group together to be honest - whether we have to bunch in the Kop or we will be staying in N. Let me wait and see what happens tomorrow though? ;)

All interesting questions mate, but as of this moment in time, I do not have the relevant answers. The club have a meeting tomorrow to discuss all aspects of Saturdays game (including N Block), and then Peter Jones shall be ringing me.

After finishing talking to him, I will make a decision on what we should do for the remainder of this season and indeed next season. I'd say we'll still have the group together to be honest - whether we have to bunch in the Kop or we will be staying in N. Let me wait and see what happens tomorrow though? ;)

Heh, sorry, that post was a bit demanding. It was half-rhetorical I guess.

That was always going to be the problem having the singing section between the family stand and the away fans.

Jamie is right, you can't just tell several thousand fans who are families, some with young children to fook off. A lot of these children are the next generation of Leicester fans, and to isolate them is just plain stupid. Football is changing and we have to move with the times. There is a much more varied demographic going to football matches now. These people are giving money to the club- why shouldn't they have a say? With an argument like that Kilworth you'll get nowhere with the club- 500 fans vs 2000 odd family stand season ticket holders. Who will win?

That is why I say the best solution would be to move the Kop or the away fans so that they are away from the family stand altogether, and they can have the section of the ground that they want and we can have the section we want. I'm sure that's easier said then done, but I think it should certainly be looked into more if the club wants to improve the atmosphere.

The Fook off was a joke as indecated by lol

And Simon you will find i am actually getting bored of writing compromise today and you have made me write it again by not reading / understanding my stance on this issue. :thumbup:

Heh, sorry, that post was a bit demanding. It was half-rhetorical I guess.

Nah it's fine I didn't really view it as demanding, it's just you asked many a question and I couldn't give you the answers you were after at this present time because I don't know them yet!

will the n block be doing the same against qpr

Will you stop posting the same thing over and over again? And if you're going to post a question, wouldn't it be helpful to check whether or not it has been answered in the thread before doing so? :rolleyes:

Cheers! :thumbup:

If i knew who you all were i would have said hi, but just got on with the singing ;)

Will have to sit :whistle: there next week for baggies :thumbup:

Can't see any reason why what's been started shouldn't continue.

The Police must have viewed it as time off on bonus pay. They really had very little to deal with that I saw...in a derby match!

If club and fans cannot talk through an agreed way forward with the very minor problems which might have arisen then it's a poor do because it really was a belting atmosphere and everything positive you could wish.

So, hopefully, see you on the 24th. :thumbup:

Can't see any reason why what's been started shouldn't continue.

The Police must have viewed it as time off on bonus pay. They really had very little to deal with that I saw...in a derby match!

If club and fans cannot talk through an agreed way forward with the very minor problems which might have arisen then it's a poor do because it really was a belting atmosphere and everything positive you could wish.

So, hopefully, see you on the 24th. :thumbup:

As i said earlier Thrac, a few kicks to a separation at H/T and some coin throwing from COV! Swearing is heard at the football! FACT! The police would be over the moon if all derby's went like that. Maybe LCFC could get a sponsor for the family like Gormans ear guards "Guard your ears" lol and give out complementary ear guards, i'm sure under the old board that may have been a serious consideration for funds lol:thumbup:

Bad language at a football match? It's in our song FFS have they never been before? Do these people actually know or remember that the football traditionally is a working class sport where the mostly men and his mates go for a satdi afternoon to enjoy themselves. :o

Historically, not traditionally, the game was followed by working class white males. Whether you like it or not the demographics have changed and you have to accept it.

Personally, I think locating you all in the Family Stand (and you were in the Family Stand) was ****ed in the head. To expect everyone to sit and politely clap while singing merry inoffensive ditties is the height of naivety...which I am guessing was your actual point Kilworth.

Historically, not traditionally, the game was followed by working class white males. Whether you like it or not the demographics have changed and you have to accept it.

Personally, I think locating you all in the Family Stand (and you were in the Family Stand) was ****ed in the head. To expect everyone to sit and politely clap while singing merry inoffensive ditties is the height of naivety...which I am guessing was your actual point Kilworth.

Erm yes to be short!

Historically eh ok :thumbup:

Yeah my point was, that if you know the singers (or whatever you will label them / me / us) will swear as swearing is in the songs, it really does not take a genious to understand that the people who are trying to get away from such language who sit in a family stand, will not be happy when they hear it.

But also it really does not make sence that they stick the family stand next to the away suport as they will swear also, and be more intimidating about it as they will sing at you rather than for you.

I think you have to accept that maybe, just maybe, this whole approach by the club was engineered so that it could justifiably fail for reasons that would not be attributed directly to them.

The police will say 'it's too dangerous to have them close the the oppo supporters'

The H&SE will say 'they stand up too much'

The families will say 'they swear too ****ing much'

The club will say 'sorry lads - we gave it a go...maybe we can look at it again some time in the future..'

I think you have to accept that maybe, just maybe, this whole approach by the club was engineered so that it could justifiably fail for reasons that would not be attributed directly to them.

The police will say 'it's too dangerous to have them close the the oppo supporters'

The club will say 'sorry lads - we gave it a go...maybe we can look at it again some time in the future..'

I'm really begining to believe this to be true. Though I have to remain mostly positive and hopeful at least until I speak to PJ tomorrow.

The police had absolutely no problems with anything yesterday and do not feel it was too dangerous - the game passed largely without incident and only a few coins were thrown by the cov fans, which is what they'd have expected anyway. The only problem the police had yesterday was the drum, which is why it was removed. :thumbup:

The H&SE will only be overtly bothered once the SAGs get onto his back. This will not happen immediately with N Block - his main concern at this present time is L1 and the back of the Kop. I know he plans to try and clamp down on those areas in the not too distant future. Very strictly as well. Or they face having those areas closed down on match days.

The families have suprised me quite a bit. Little or no complaints from them when the away fans are constantly swearing, but as soon as we go into that area they have a right bitching session! But then again, I can see (reluctantly) where they're coming from and understand a solution needs to be reached.

I've not given up all hope yet, but the club won't be able to let the idea go that easily because of how incident-free the majority of yesterday was, and how successful many people have viewed it to be. Including the police.

it is really dodgey that they have the nerve to complain about fellow leicester fans for swearing, yet away fans ALWAYS swear, and banter etc etc and they don't complain, easy solution... its under 8's free ANYWHERE, so move your kid to a different section! also the shutters really need to be down, seperating us from the family enclosure. as always stated, N block ISN'T part of the family stand...

ummmmm

In not one for consiracy theories, you could be right and it was ment to fail but it would be a PR disaster as far as those who went to N block are concearned as we all had a great time and its been years since i can honestly say that at a home match.

LCFC as a club must be genuine when attempting such ventures! If not what message would they send out to their customers? Yeah we will listen but fook off.

The troubles people are speaking of are so minor its untrue! did anyone ever actually think

1 swearing would stop at the football in a singing section

2 cov fans may get a little annoyed at being 3 - 0 down and just sit there and say balderdash

3 the club placed the singers there so its not the singers fault

4 the shutters would break (I have seen Derby fans hammering them not like yesterday and they are sturdy!

5 the family stand would join the N block

swearing was expected so the club are to blame if the Familys complain as they put us there

Cov fans are twats who hate leicester so they would get annoyed at being 3 down.

It is a little silly, i was right next to said shutter at H/T with Jamie and it had what i would call a few bangs intermittantly.

Coins were always thrown at filbo! They put a net up to stop it like Cardiff do, if it happens more then they should do that, also i thought CCTV was installed so cath the beggers and do them for assault or whatever

The Family Stand is exactly what it says on the tin: family stand. Whether it's full of old bats and beggars or not, they're trying to shield their children from the "monstrosity of the football" and on a Saturday afternoon - that's why the isolated themselves from the Kop.

Well surely if they don't like swearing then why sit next to the away fans ? Surely if they don't want people swearing near them, then people in the Kop do not want 4 year olds who kick the back of your chair and want to go to the toilet every 5 seconds.? I know that people sit with their children in the Kop and obviusoly there is no problem with that. Fact is people swear at football. Surely if the atmosphere was good they would hear swearing from the Kop.

I agree with DD post about what people will say and that is exactly what the club have been wanting to say in my opinion.

Well surely if they don't like swearing then why sit next to the away fans ? Surely if they don't want people swearing near them, then people in the Kop do not want 4 year olds who kick the back of your chair and want to go to the toilet every 5 seconds.? I know that people sit with their children in the Kop and obviusoly there is no problem with that. Fact is people swear at football. Surely if the atmosphere was good they would hear swearing from the Kop.

I agree with DD post about what people will say and that is exactly what the club have been wanting to say in my opinion.

Obviously didn't fully understand the meaning of my post. :rolleyes:

The Family Stand is in the wrong place in my opinion - and I'm not just speaking from the point of view of somebody who wants atmosphere. What sort of sense does it make to situate families next to rowdy away fans who will constantly swear? It's difficult to hear the songs properly and clearly from where the Kop is currently situated, so if the families didn't want to hear swearing because it'd offend them, why not stick them over there? And if the away fans having the right ump at losing a game is going to scare children, why not isolate them from the away fans completely and move them over the other side of the stadium?

There is also no point whatsoever in having a "family stand" if Under 8's are going to be allowed free admission to every part of the ground, including L1 and the Kop. Pointless really.

Archived