Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Independiente

Stefanovic linked with summer move

Link

Dejan Stefanovic is to seek talks with Harry Redknapp over his Pompey future.

The Blues captain wants to speak to his manager about what lies ahead for him at Fratton Park.

Milan Mandaric is keen to take Stefanovic to Leicester in the summer after taking control at the Walkers Stadium this week.

And the 32-year-old defender today told The News he would not hang around if he is not wanted.

Stefanovic promised he was fully focused on fighting his way back from the knee injury which has kept him out since November and helping Pompey into Europe.

But he said he needed to know what Redknapp's plans are with a year left on his contract in the summer.

Stefanovic said: 'At the end of the season I will have one year left on my contract.

'As soon as I'm not welcome, I'm off. I will move.

'If Harry decides I'm wanted here next season, I am here.

'He and Milan were the reasons I came here.

'I need to speak to him about what is happening. Maybe at the end of the season or maybe sooner.

'As soon as I feel I am not welcome I will find a solution. Who knows what will happen?

'First we need to get these crucial games out of the way. I want to do everything to help us into Europe.

'I've always said I will do the best for this club.

'I will want to have a meeting with Harry to see his plans. If he wants to keep me it's fine. It will be my pleasure to stay.

'I just need to know what his opinion is and what he thinks will be best. That is what is most important.

'I'm honest. I'm in touch with Milan still.

'My first focus is to get Pompey into Europe. Then we will go from there.'

Do you think Dejan Stefanovic will still be at Fratton next season? What do you think of the prospect of him following Milan Mandaric to Leicester. Click here to e-mail us your views.

Well I don't think Maybury is good enough, can't see why Kelly isn't playing Stearman. Damn being negative again. No we don't need him. Maybury is class.

Had a solid game today tbf.

But i stll think Stearman should be starting.

Had a solid game today tbf.

But i stll think Stearman should be starting.

I just prefer the fact that Stearman can be very useful when going forward and is as good as Maybury in defence. Don't think Stearman should be pushed from position to position at his age. He needs to settle down.

Link

Dejan Stefanovic is to seek talks with Harry Redknapp over his Pompey future.

The Blues captain wants to speak to his manager about what lies ahead for him at Fratton Park.

Milan Mandaric is keen to take Stefanovic to Leicester in the summer after taking control at the Walkers Stadium this week.

And the 32-year-old defender today told The News he would not hang around if he is not wanted.

Stefanovic promised he was fully focused on fighting his way back from the knee injury which has kept him out since November and helping Pompey into Europe.

But he said he needed to know what Redknapp's plans are with a year left on his contract in the summer.

Stefanovic said: 'At the end of the season I will have one year left on my contract.

'As soon as I'm not welcome, I'm off. I will move.

'If Harry decides I'm wanted here next season, I am here.

'He and Milan were the reasons I came here.

'I need to speak to him about what is happening. Maybe at the end of the season or maybe sooner.

'As soon as I feel I am not welcome I will find a solution. Who knows what will happen?

'First we need to get these crucial games out of the way. I want to do everything to help us into Europe.

'I've always said I will do the best for this club.

'I will want to have a meeting with Harry to see his plans. If he wants to keep me it's fine. It will be my pleasure to stay.

'I just need to know what his opinion is and what he thinks will be best. That is what is most important.

'I'm honest. I'm in touch with Milan still.

'My first focus is to get Pompey into Europe. Then we will go from there.'

Do you think Dejan Stefanovic will still be at Fratton next season? What do you think of the prospect of him following Milan Mandaric to Leicester. Click here to e-mail us your views.

We'll have more links than a ringbinder these next few months.

Wouldn't surprise me if The Queen and her Corgi's get a mention which should certainly help the singin if nothing else!.

I think it might be called manipulating the situation. :whistle:

Tactical early manouvres!.

Stefanovic would be a good addition to our squad I think. He's getting on a bit but he's a seasoned professional and has bags of experience. Not a bad player either tbf. We'll have to wait and see.

McAuley, Kisnorbo and Stefanovic. three very decent centre backs for this division. anything to stop McCarthy getting games would be good, such a liability and extremely over-rated. dont see a future here for Kenton anymore and i dont think Stearman will ever make the transition from RB to CB.

Im sure he can play at LB also. So could be a replacement for Johansson if he goes in the summer

I'd like to see us sign a good youngish attacking left back for next season. Having had Maybs and Nissa there for the last couple of seasons, having someone naturally left footed bomb forward from that position would be nice to see. Don't know enough about Stefanovic in that position, but at 32 I doubt he's what I'm looking for!

I'd like to see us sign a good youngish attacking left back for next season. Having had Maybs and Nissa there for the last couple of seasons, having someone naturally left footed bomb forward from that position would be nice to see. Don't know enough about Stefanovic in that position, but at 32 I doubt he's what I'm looking for!

Year agree totally. An attacking LB would give us so many more options going forward ala Mike Whitlow when he bombed forward at Wembley 1993 and pulled it back for Thompson !! Year Stefanovic would be similar to Johansson in the fact that CB is his preffered position but can do a solid job at LB, albeit with limited technique and mobility.

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...1928656,00.html

Stefanovic: Pompey skipperStefanovic set for Pompey return

Portsmouth captain Dejan Stefanovic could be set for a shock return to the side at Blackburn on Sunday - despite threatening to join Leicester.

The tough Serbian defender, who has been out of action since a knee operation at the end of November, has just over a year to run on his current contract at Pompey and reveals he is waiting to see if the club offer him an extension.

Championship club Leicester, recently taken over by former Portsmouth chairman Milan Mandaric, have been linked with Stefanovic who returned to full training last week despite earlier fears he would need a second operation and be out for the rest of the season. Now, with centre-back Linvoy Primus struggling to overcome a thigh injury in time for the Ewood Park clash - having missed the 2-1 win over Manchester City on February 10 - Stefanovic is ready to step in.

But the former Sheffield Wednesday and Vitesse Arnhem player, 32, is keen to have his future thrashed out at Pompey. He said: "At the end of the season I will have one year left on my contract but as soon as I feel I am not welcome, I'm off. I will move."

Stefanovic told the Portsmouth News: "If (manager) Harry (Redknapp) decides I'm wanted here next season, I am here. He and Milan (Mandaric) were the reasons I came here. I'm honest. I am in touch with Milan still. But my first focus is to help Pompey into Europe.

"I need to speak to Harry about what is happening - maybe at the end of the season or maybe sooner. I've always said I will do the best for this club. I will want to have a meeting with Harry to see his plans. If he wants to keep me it is fine. It will be my pleasure to stay."

Archived