Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
newms

Delusional Coventry Fans

On SSN suggesting Dowie chose Coventry over Leicester. Had he had a choice there would be only one club he would be interested in i think his interviews suggest that aswell. But no he chose coventry over Leicester for their ambition

Some Cov fans do actually think they've been given the royal shaft by some nifty PR work. lol

Some have realized already that what Dowie's saying is... he wanted to go to Leicester with Mandaric, but since the job offer isn't forthcoming, he's gone to Coventry who were so desperate for him.

The reason Coventry wanted him? He's a big name and he's available for free. So the theory goes.

He obviously got fed up of waiting for our Rob's job... so took the first offer to come in. :whistle:

On SSN suggesting Dowie chose Coventry over Leicester. Had he had a choice there would be only one club he would be interested in i think his interviews suggest that aswell. But no he chose coventry over Leicester for their ambition

What ambition?

Wasting 13 managers in 7 years? :rolleyes:

What ambition?

Wasting 13 managers in 7 years? :rolleyes:

Their board have been extremely trigger happy in recent years, and with their team in the current state as it is, and funding looking a wishful prospect, I bet Dowie is feeling relieved to be back in a job (with little initial pressure, all he has to do is keep them up) but also as if he's checked his lottery ticket thinking he's won the jackpot, only to look again and realise he's missing a number!

Ah well...at least he's got his looks :ph34r:

What a bunch of bloody jokers! If we wanted Dowie we would have got Dowie! The fact is Ian Dowie has had to settle for our poor neighbours instead, he just doesn't pocess enough quality to be in charge at Leicester. We've got high standards and quite frankly Dowie doesn't make the grade.

I saw the press conference and from the info that I got out of it (reading between the lines), Dowie would have come to us if he was offered the job. It also sounded like he is a big MM fan and didnt stop saying that we are going places under MM (I bet Covscum fans loved that) but I reckon MM told him to stick around and he`ll offer him the job in the summer if RK fooks things up but he didnt wait.

Some Cov fans do actually think they've been given the royal shaft by some nifty PR work. lol

Some have realized already that what Dowie's saying is... he wanted to go to Leicester with Mandaric, but since the job offer isn't forthcoming, he's gone to Coventry who were so desperate for him.

The reason Coventry wanted him? He's a big name and he's available for free. So the theory goes.

He obviously got fed up of waiting for our Rob's job... so took the first offer to come in. :whistle:

I think that's what's happened here.

Mandaric will have assessed all avenues before he took over at Leicester and looking at other managers would have been high on the agenda as he wants to make a success of it here. Dowie was out of work, so therefore Milan could speak to him without breaking any rules. I think Mandaric was tempted to bring his own man in straight the way, but as time went on with the takeover saga, he perhaps realised that with us precariously in and around the relegation zone that it could be detrimental to get rid of our manager straight the way.

Dowie wanted to get back in to management and therefore decided he couldn't wait any longer and chose to go to Coventry. Had Mandaric gone through with his initial idea then Dowie definitely would have chosen us over Coventry, we'd have paid more money for a start.

I saw the press conference and from the info that I got out of it (reading between the lines), Dowie would have come to us if he was offered the job. It also sounded like he is a big MM fan and didnt stop saying that we are going places under MM (I bet Covscum fans loved that) but I reckon MM told him to stick around and he`ll offer him the job in the summer if RK fooks things up but he didnt wait.

It was a bizarre old press conference. The journalists there seemed more interested to talk about Leicester than Coventry. One even went as far as getting Leicester and Coventry mixed up when asking a question, which Dowie found amusing.

It was a bizarre old press conference. The journalists there seemed more interested to talk about Leicester than Coventry. One even went as far as getting Leicester and Coventry mixed up when asking a question, which Dowie found amusing.

A 9am conference is a little too early isnt it?! It was a weird old conference all right but it is a weird old club.

They're rubbing his nose in it. ^_^

Archived