Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mad Dog

Gone But Not Forgotten

Richard Cresswell, Dean Sturridge, Ian Ormondroyd, Ashley Ward, Billy Davies, Tommy English, David Webb, George Armstrong, Roger Davies etc etc

The Big O does not belong in this list - he was never a "forgettable" player like the John Curtis/Peter Caneros of this world. He was with us for a while, made an impact and was part of possibly the tallest front line Wembley ever saw along with Walsh and Roberts against Derby.

I don't think Cresswell, Sturridge or Ward should be in this category either to be honest and I cannot remember the rest of 'em so probably before my time.

Graham Fenton

Pegguy Arphexad

Stuart Wilson

Stefan Oakes

Tim Flowers

Can't really include him. whilst he never lived up to his full potential still decent

MON took him in to his office and told him he had saved him (LCFC) 3.5m and Peter Shirtliff who was at Shef Wed with Waddle said Oats had a better left foot than CW.

Peter Talor did his best to ruin him, as he did Guppy etc

Still got a sweet left peg

Can't really include him. whilst he never lived up to his full potential still decent

MON took him in to his office and told him he had saved him (LCFC) 3.5m and Peter Shirtliff who was at Shef Wed with Waddle said Oats had a better left foot than CW.

Peter Talor did his best to ruin him, as he did Guppy etc

Still got a sweet left peg

I admit that my list's a tad bit harsh on those lads, but if I remember correctly those players were never regular starters and acted more like fillers in emergency cases. And whom of those really lived up to their potential, if they had any? :dunno:

Glombard, Low, Welsh, Brevett, Makin, Gilbert, Wilcox, Gemmill, Canero, Hamill, Smith, Priet, Curtis, Howey, Douglas, Pressman, Keown, Brooket, Hignett, Morris, Benjamin, Hirschfeld, Moore, Harper

Hopefully the likes of which will not be seen under the new regime..

Any more happy faces to add?

Douglas is still here !

I admit that my list's a tad bit harsh on those lads, but if I remember correctly those players were never regular starters and acted more like fillers in emergency cases. And whom of those really lived up to their potential, if they had any? :dunno:

Tim Flowers was a regular during 1999/2000 - then injuries set in the following season. Despite that, as Burnham mentioned, perhaps the best keeper we've had for some time.

Archived