Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Which band do you hate more than life itself?

manic street preachers - posturing, ignorant, tuneless, egotistical crap

oasis - just not as good as they claim to be, and their act is utterly robbed off ian brown and johnny marr

Only the past two albums.

admittedly their stuff is kinda samey - but just saw them at a festival and they were really entertaining, if slightly predictable.

The Smiths - pretentious, posey, pompous, overrated, tuneless bo llocks.

hmmm, well i can see how people might think the first four of these, but tuneless is untrue - listen to johnny marrs guitar and some of the basslines, compared to most 80s indie, they were tunesmiths extraordinaire.

Wow, I have only just bothered to read this post and I am amazed at what bands you dont like : U2, Red hot Chilli Peppers, Smiths, Oasis and Bob Dylan are all class acts that have been the inspiration to so many other bands.

I would have been interested if the poll had been changed to name the band you least like and the band you most like, my guess is the results would be as follows:

DISLIKES LIKES

U2 McFly

Red hot chilli peppers Cheeky Girls

Smiths Busted

Oasis Bucks Fizz

Bob Dylan A1

hmmm, well i can see how people might think the first four of these, but tuneless is untrue - listen to johnny marrs guitar and some of the basslines, compared to most 80s indie, they were tunesmiths extraordinaire.

Good point, I might buy a Smiths tee-shirt. Always fancied being 'misunderstood'.

IMO the Chilli Peppers are over-rated.

Californication was the last decent 'original' Peppers album, again IMO.

I'm not a massive Oasis fan, but must admit Noel G is a tremendous writer and an all round good bloke.

Except for the Man City fetish he has..

Wow, I have only just bothered to read this post and I am amazed at what bands you dont like : U2, Red hot Chilli Peppers, Smiths, Oasis and Bob Dylan are all class acts that have been the inspiration to so many other bands.

I would have been interested if the poll had been changed to name the band you least like and the band you most like, my guess is the results would be as follows:

DISLIKES LIKES

U2 McFly

Red hot chilli peppers Cheeky Girls

Smiths Busted

Oasis Bucks Fizz

Bob Dylan A1

Christ, forgot about U2, they are the most overratted bunch of twats ever - well at least bono is

noel gallagher is NOT a great songwriter, aparently the first album was, spector-style, saved by the producer just getting the best bits of their songs together: and as for his lyrics - absolute gash. I bought their 1st album the day it came out, quite excited following the singles, only ever played it about twice, most boring limited record i own - it has the rocky song (6 times) and the lame acoustic ballad (6 times) - crap.

Christ, forgot about U2, they are the most overratted bunch of twats ever - well at least bono is

noel gallagher is NOT a great songwriter, aparently the first album was, spector-style, saved by the producer just getting the best bits of their songs together: and as for his lyrics - absolute gash. I bought their 1st album the day it came out, quite excited following the singles, only ever played it about twice, most boring limited record i own - it has the rocky song (6 times) and the lame acoustic ballad (6 times) - crap.

Brilliant!

You defend The Smiths in your last post.

And you're lambasting an album for being 'samey' in this one!

:whistle:

Brilliant!

You defend The Smiths in your last post.

And you're lambasting an album for being 'samey' in this one!

:whistle:

yeah cause oasis are samey (definately maybe is, anyway) and the smiths aren't :frusty: - maybe you should start with a record rather than a t-shirt :rolleyes: :

how soon is now

girlfriend in a coma

this charming man

the hand that rocks the cradle

can't think of four more different songs.

yeah cause oasis are samey (definately maybe is, anyway) and the smiths aren't :frusty: - maybe you should start with a record rather than a t-shirt :rolleyes: :

how soon is now

girlfriend in a coma

this charming man

the hand that rocks the cradle

can't think of four more different songs.

Then perhaps it is you who needs to buy more records.

Then perhaps it is you who needs to buy more records.

and maybe if you listened to the smiths - you'd understand rhetoric a little better: :thumbup:

Red Hot Chilli Peppers,I have suicidal thoughts when hearing them.Bands that are ridiculasly overrated are U2, Oasis,Arctic Monkeys and Razorlight!

:o :w00t: I could really go off you soon. :@:banghead:

But then you are the same person who claimed in another thread:

Got the single of that (Wheatus - Teenage Dirtbag), I don't find it embarrasing at all. I sound that I love that I shouldn't is Christina Agularia's Dirrty!My mum and dad also own classic love songs albums and I have a regular listen to them.

Nuff said. :whistle::ph34r:

I dislike U2 passionately but even with them you have to admit that the zooropa tour was astonishing.

I can't think of a band that make me angrier at the minute than Fall Out Boy. Maybe I'm just getting older but that band flat out sucks. Razorlight are up there fore me too, and the Killers. I did think Artic Monkeys were until I listened to their lyrics. They deserve (along with Oasis) all the praise that they get for doing what they do well.

:o :w00t: I could really go off you soon. :@:banghead:

But then you are the same person who claimed in another thread:

Nuff said. :whistle::ph34r:

He also claimed this:

I like quite a few Britney songs.And I like Sound Of The Underground by Girls Aloud as well!

:yawn:

I really thought people would learn.

Argue with me if you want... but I WILL make you look stupid.

argue? no such thing, no place for a thumbs up in an argument, as i was saying about rhetoric....

but if you must insist on defending oasis, then you will actually achieve the, ahem, impossibile of making yourself look stupid :thumbup:

I dislike U2 passionately but even with them you have to admit that the zooropa tour was astonishing.

I can't think of a band that make me angrier at the minute than Fall Out Boy. Maybe I'm just getting older but that band flat out sucks. Razorlight are up there fore me too, and the Killers. I did think Artic Monkeys were until I listened to their lyrics. They deserve (along with Oasis) all the praise that they get for doing what they do well.

the problem i have with oasis - and i met noel in a club, he is a nice, down to earth bloke - is that 'what they do well' is what other people have already done well, dare i say better.

And of course, for spewing some of the worst lyrics ever...

Archived