Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Which band do you hate more than life itself?

The first time I heard her record I thought it was one of those tapes/cds that cleans the 'heads' in your stereo.

Cleaning heads sounds like a far more appropriate use of that massive gob.

So basically the Grateful Dead and arguably The Travelling Wilburys. If you even know who either of those are.

And he never fronted those bands anyway, he played with them both and both had a career before him and would after him... or at least would have done were it not for tragic circumstances in the case of the Wilburys.

I'm not going to argue with you... it's your opinion and quite frankly, if I've gauged your intellect and taste correctly from your posting in the past then I'm right in saying that:

a) I wouldn't like to agree with you on anything

and

b) You're a bit of a tw at.

FFS, it's peoples' opinions. However, I rate Bob Dylan, but it doesn't mean to say others do !! However, I think Rolling Stones and The Beatles are over-rated now, but they were probably good during their time.

The Kooks.

Also I agree with everyone who's mentioned The View - it's not that I particularly hate them or their music, just that there's nothing different or original about them. They're exactly the same as every other run-of-the-mill indie band from the last 10 years.

Same Jeans is a decent tune though. :ph34r:

Yes, but Indie has generally been pap since before around 1994 - I personally think Britpop was poor; although decent artists since include Radiohead, Doves, Idlewild, The Coral etc.

FFS, it's peoples' opinions. However, I rate Bob Dylan, but it doesn't mean to say others do !! However, I think Rolling Stones and The Beatles are over-rated now, but they were probably good during their time.

I know it's opinions.

What would you prefer then, everyone simply listed an opinion and then everyone else patted them on the back and said 'I agree'?

U2 U2 U2 U2 U2 U2 U2 U2 U2 U2 U2 U2 U2 U2 U2 U2 U2 U2 U2.

I fooking hate U2.

After that, there's several, cba to name all of them.

Exactamundo.

They're wank. It's amazing how many tracks they've passed on as 'new' songs all based on the same bloody musical basis (I swear it's all too easy to mistake on U2 song for another when they're played on the radio over here... they all sound the fooking same!)

They're made ever more intolerable by the singer known as Bonehead and that useless guitarist - The 'Bleeding' Edge. :ph34r:

But mostly Bonehead. He really riles me. Thick Oirish twat.

Shite shite shite shite shite! :)

Ive moaned about my dodgy R & B taste in music for years now and some of my mates have tried to introduce me to theres and some of it has been decent stuff but when a mate tried to get me into this group called Opeth, I decided that my experiment went too far lol. What a load of shite.

http://www.opeth.com/

I can't stand all the sh!t my mrs listens to. It winds me up very much and she knows it, so she plays it all the more. :angry:

It's garbage like The Kooks, The Arctic Monkeys, The Pigeon Detectives (who the fook exactly?), Busted, McFly et al. Really offends my bastard ears that does. :mad:

I can't stand all the sh!t my mrs listens to. It winds me up very much and she knows it, so she plays it all the more. :angry:

It's garbage like The Kooks, The Arctic Monkeys, The Pigeon Detectives (who the fook exactly?), Busted, McFly et al. Really offends my bastard ears that does. :mad:

Thats the worst bit, having to put up with the missuses taste in music if its shite. Long drives is the worst for it. I can remember taking an ex to see her dad for he first time in about 2 years to Leeds and I made the mistake of doing the man thing and drove. On the way up I had to listen to the worst godforsaken music that was put on the planet. After listening to that weirdo Morrisey singing about some mothers being bigger than others and some dude singing about chesseburgers in paradise, I almost crashed the car on purpose. I was suicidal for weeks! :D:thumbup:

Thats the worst bit, having to put up with the missuses taste in music if its shite. Long drives is the worst for it. I can remember taking an ex to see her dad for he first time in about 2 years to Leeds and I made the mistake of doing the man thing and drove. On the way up I had to listen to the worst godforsaken music that was put on the planet. After listening to that weirdo Morrisey singing about some mothers being bigger than others and some dude singing about chesseburgers in paradise, I almost crashed the car on purpose. I was suicidal for weeks! :D:thumbup:

Ahh you see that's the good thing for me - I don't drive yet, and so there's no danger of me having to put up with all that rubbish for long periods of time and having nowhere to run. Not that I'd have to put up with it anyway. I'd make the choice about what would be listened to in my car. If the Mrs didn't like it, she could get out and walk. lol. It is extremely poor music though.

Learn to put your foot down soft lad! ;):P :laugh:

The Smiths and The Stone Roses!! Learn to sing people!!! Oh and on that note; Bob Dylan = Poo!!

And Britpop from 1994-97 - barring The Charlatans and Pulp, who were around long before then !!

You leave my 'era' alone!!! You bully... Plus blur have been around since 1990!! :P

I still want to go to V97!! ;)

Archived