Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Tiatto joins our restraining team

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~993313,00.html

Perhaps Kelly's going for four of a kind at Palace.

He's had Hughes, Johnson and Jarrett in midfield. Perhaps he'll just tag Tiatto on the end and go with four of a kind across the middle.

No wonder we're not conceding many. Apart from engaging the Royal Engineers it is hard to imagine how we could put more obstacles in the way of any team.

Should be a thriller. :whistle:

I still reckon 1-0 to City.

Guest Gist

yeah, tiatto to replace jarret.

I agree, although I don't think it will happen. He has been out for a while now and will probably get a run out near the end of the game.

Guest Gist

You can tell we were close to the abyss considering that is our best midfield. I hope we only see Porter of that quartet next season.

I think he might be the only one left anyway.

I disagree, really. Johnson and Tiatto are fairly similar - except Tiatto is better and his energy levels are higher. He'd be a decent member of a team chasing promotion, I'd say, though some would disagree.

I'm still rueing him going off so early in the Fulham game. He was full of life. He is predominantly defensive, but he looks to go forward more than Johnson and covers more ground in a game. Jarrett I'd say is the same - defensive but with a better eye for attack than Johnson.

I think Jarrett can still be a good player this season. He looks just a little way off from being a very effective player. If he can pull it all together at the same time and if Tiatto's at his best, our central midfield could look the best it has in a while. Lots of ifs, but that's our last couple of seasons, really. Close to breakthroughs on a few occasions, but no cigar as of yet.

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~993313,00.html

Perhaps Kelly's going for four of a kind at Palace.

He's had Hughes, Johnson and Jarrett in midfield. Perhaps he'll just tag Tiatto on the end and go with four of a kind across the middle.

No wonder we're not conceding many. Apart from engaging the Royal Engineers it is hard to imagine how we could put more obstacles in the way of any team.

Should be a thriller. :whistle:

I still reckon 1-0 to City.

Living in North London I am surrounded by Arsenal fans who for months have been telling me how wonderful there football is and how great there players are and after this weeks results, that will complete 2 years without winning a sausage. Ive also heard how pants Chelski are to watch and that they play 4 central-midfielders and have little width but they cant stop winning. As much as Chelski fans may want more attractive football they wouldnt trade what they do for the trophies.

Leicester take note. In an ideal world we would play great stuff and win but it isnt that easy to put into practice, especially at this level. I would gladly sacrifice next season with 11 hard working crap footballing donkeys if it guaranteed promotion.

Living in North London I am surrounded by Arsenal fans who for months have been telling me how wonderful there football is and how great there players are and after this weeks results, that will complete 2 years without winning a sausage. Ive also heard how pants Chelski are to watch and that they play 4 central-midfielders and have little width but they cant stop winning. As much as Chelski fans may want more attractive football they wouldnt trade what they do for the trophies.

Leicester take note. In an ideal world we would play great stuff and win but it isnt that easy to put into practice, especially at this level. I would gladly sacrifice next season with 11 hard working crap footballing donkeys if it guaranteed promotion.

It's not that simple. If Chelsea weren't winning things with the obscene amounts of money they've spent it would be a surprise indeed.

Wenger has been awesome and his success rate equally so.

He has totally changed the image of Arsenal from the dull grey of George Graham to the multi-coloured magic of today.

He has not only built one great team - which went so long unbeaten it was a near sporting miracle - but he's now built another young team that was so close to beating the billionaires of Chelsea - just that virtual tap-in chance really - that he's earned nothing but admiration in my eyes.

To a great extent Wenger has built that team rather than simply bought it - and week by week it can play alongside the Manchester United's and Chelsea's with a swagger, even beating United.

I'd have that Arsenal team here playing for us anytime you like and I wonder how many would want to go back to dour if they did come.

But anyway, defence overload and simple hard graft won't achieve the promotion you want - the evidence has been in front of our eyes for two years. It's there to read in the League table every week.

And there are good reasons for that being so. Why, why, why are people so appreciative of an approach which has proved to be flawed and ineffective?

Defence-overload produces too many draws and not enough goals. Why will people not recognise that when it is demonstrated so clearly and in black and white?

It's not that simple. If Chelsea weren't winning things with the obscene amounts of money they've spent it would be a surprise indeed.

Wenger has been awesome and his success rate equally so.

He has totally changed the image of Arsenal from the dull grey of George Graham to the multi-coloured magic of today.

He has not only built one great team - which went so long unbeaten it was a near spoting miracle - but he's now built another young team that was so close to beating the billionaires of Chelsea - just that virtual tap-in chance really - that he's earned nothing but admiration in my eyes.

To a great extent Wenger has built that team rather than simply bought it - and week by week it can play alongside the Manchester United's and Chelsea's with a swagger, even beating United.

I'd have that Arsenal team here playing for us anytime you like and I wonder how many would want to go back to dour if they did come.

But anyway, defence overload and simple hard graft won't achieve the promotion you want - the evidence has been in front of our eyes for two years. It's there to read in the League table every week.

And there are good reasons for that being so. Why, why, why are people so appreciative of an approach which has proved to be flawed and ineffective?

Defence-overload produces too many draws and not enough goals. Why will people not recognise that when it is demonstrated so clearly and in black and white?

I never said that just hard graft and defence overload will win us promotion, but I personally dont give a monkeys how we achieve our target. Derby are winning plenty of games by one goal whilst the more gung-ho WBA seem to be dropping points when they shouldnt be. I would rather be harder to beat and lucky than an easy target and unlucky because we were caught on the break with 7 players in forward positions!

As for Wenger, Im not doubting his managerial ability but I think Arsenal have lost some focus. They have gone from the George Graham era to a team that won plnety and had one of the best central midfield pairings I have seen in Viera and Petit which gave them strength to now a team of skilfull midgets like Fabregas, Rosicky, Hleb, Walcott, Dennilson, Ljunberg etc who play all over the place. On there day they are amazing to watch but teams will and have bullied them and they can be got at. Thats something that was rarely said when they had a more solid side with Vieria/Petit and proper defenders in the back 4 instead of these attack minded defenders like Cliche and Eboue and the really ropey Sendaros. The same can be said for Chelski of today, you couldnt see them getting beaten anywhere nearly as often as the Gooners because they are more organised and less gung-ho.

As for your constant ramblings about out and out attacking football, all you have to do is look at the likes of Real Madrid as well as Arsenal as examples of why it isnt as easy as it sounds. Fergie has the right idea and has defenders who defend, midfielders who can create but also like a battle (thats why although most raise eyebrows when O`Shea or Fletcher feature he doesnt care and they keep winning) and strikers who score goals. Thats the right way to play if you can get the players to do that and this carefree fantasy football that Arsenal attempt to play wont win them anything.

I never said that just hard graft and defence overload will win us promotion, but I personally dont give a monkeys how we achieve our target. Derby are winning plenty of games by one goal whilst the more gung-ho WBA seem to be dropping points when they shouldnt be. I would rather be harder to beat and lucky than an easy target and unlucky because we were caught on the break with 7 players in forward positions!

As for Wenger, Im not doubting his managerial ability but I think Arsenal have lost some focus. They have gone from the George Graham era to a team that won plnety and had one of the best central midfield pairings I have seen in Viera and Petit which gave them strength to now a team of skilfull midgets like Fabregas, Rosicky, Hleb, Walcott, Dennilson, Ljunberg etc who play all over the place. On there day they are amazing to watch but teams will and have bullied them and they can be got at. Thats something that was rarely said when they had a more solid side with Vieria/Petit and proper defenders in the back 4 instead of these attack minded defenders like Cliche and Eboue and the really ropey Sendaros. The same can be said for Chelski of today, you couldnt see them getting beaten anywhere nearly as often as the Gooners because they are more organised and less gung-ho.

As for your constant ramblings about out and out attacking football, all you have to do is look at the likes of Real Madrid as well as Arsenal as examples of why it isnt as easy as it sounds. Fergie has the right idea and has defenders who defend, midfielders who can create but also like a battle (thats why although most raise eyebrows when O`Shea or Fletcher feature he doesnt care and they keep winning) and strikers who score goals. Thats the right way to play if you can get the players to do that and this carefree fantasy football that Arsenal attempt to play wont win them anything.

Arsenal's present side is eveolving for Heaven's sake the same as Ferguson's has been. It is the way with quality football teams, they don't just gel into winners overnight.

All United's players compete for the ball - like I say it should be a given for any decent team - but ferguson epitomises a man who believes in dramatically attacking full-backs, defenders who can pass and support,

and a variety of players who can score/create from all sorts of places.

Arsenal's football has never been "carefree" as you call it. They have always worked to certain principles and they have been enormously successful.

There is no reason to believe the emerging team will be any different given time and a little fine tuning.

Like so many others you fail to undestand that the best form of defence is to keep the opposition penned into their own half, to win the greater share of possession, to be skillful enough to retain possession and to give the opposition problems that restrict the number of players they can utilise going forward.

United aren't forever getting caught on the rebound despite the fact that they forever have six and seven made in attacking positions.

Arsenal have been little different really. Wenger is a football manager not a magician and what he has done with his rebuild in such a short time is remarkable. Either way he's light years ahead of Leicester.

Arsenal's present side is eveolving for Heaven's sake the same as Ferguson's has been. It is the way with quality football teams, they don't just gel into winners overnight.

All United's players compete for the ball - like I say it should be a given for any decent team - but ferguson epitomises a man who believes in dramatically attacking full-backs, defenders who can pass and support,

Arsenal's football has never been "carefree" as you call it. They have always worked to certain principles and they have been enormously successful.

There is no reason to believe the emerging team will be any different given time and a little fine tuning.

Like so many others you fail to undestand that the best form of defence is to keep the opposition penned into their own half, to win the greater share of possession, to be skillful enough to retain possession and to give the opposition problems that restrict the number of players they can utilise going forward.

United aren't forever getting caught on the rebound despite the fact that they forever have six and seven made in attacking positions.

Arsenal have been little different really. Wenger is a football manager not a magician and what he has done with his rebuild in such a short time is remarkable. Either way he's light years ahead of Leicester.

United are a differnt class to us, they can keep the ball and pass the ball better us, they can makes space better than us. They have fast strong postionally aware defenders and bodies covering for attacking players.

We can't play like that. If we did we'd lose.

Before you say you've seen nothing from opposition teams to suggest we can't play like that. I've seen nothing from our team from youth to first team to suggest we can play like that.

United are a differnt class to us, they can keep the ball and pass the ball better us, they can makes space better than us. They have fast strong postionally aware defenders and bodies covering for attacking players.

Before you say you've seen nothing from opposition teams to suggest we can't play like that. I've seen nothing from our team from youth to first team to suggest we can play like that.

High time we started then because we're going nowhere otherwise.

This is exactly what I try and say over and over again to Thracian - We can't play that level of attractive football he wants because we don't have the individual players with the ability or skills to do it!

Thracian can go on all he wants, talking about how he would make players play like this and do that but in reality it just isn't that easy!!!

EASY SAID THAN DONE THRACIAN!!!

This is exactly what I try and say over and over again to Thracian - We can't play that level of attractive football he wants because we don't have the individual players with the ability or skills to do it!

Thracian can go on all he wants, talking about how he would make players play like this and do that but in reality it just isn't that easy!!!

EASY SAID THAN DONE THRACIAN!!!

Making the change is easy. Having the will to do it is something else.

As we constantly demonstrate because we never try.

And we never try cos it would mean ditching people who fight tirelessly to win the ball - then promptly give it away.

Some of these, of course, are min-heroes. Because they fight and battle.

Well I want battlers who, when they've won the ball, give it to other players who can do something with it.

Not people like Jarrett, for instance, who managed to starve our left-wing of any sort o service for over an hour at Southend.

I dont understand why people like you have knee-jerk reactions on clubs and are now saying Arsenal are evolving. I suppose that has got something to do with the fact that there kids have played well in the cups??? Last season they got to the Champs League final and you would have thought they would have moved on. Instead, they have gone backwards or at best stagnated. They have a fantastic squad of players, many IMO who are too similar and because of this Wenger isnt totally sure who his best team is. One thing is for sure, if he plays both Henry and Adebayor they look much weaker in midfield and he wouldnt know who to drop. Too many cooks at Arsenal IMO.

As for you constantly asking for us to be more like them and Man Utd, its lunacy. You cant try and play that way with the mediocre players we have. You need to have some real special players who would cost millions to even attempt to play that way. You need a reality check fella.

Archived