Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Leeds fans

Using arrest stats is not helping your argument very much fella. We've had 30 or 40 more arrests in a whole year than Leicetser. I make that roughly 0.011% of fans who attended all the home games in that season. What the hell kind of point is it you're making here?

Quite frankly if you can't see the flaw in the following logic, then I can't really justify spending time arguing with you.

You say...

Leeds fans have more arrests as there are more of them attending games.

I counter this by saying this is simply untrue. Leicester have 2,000 more at every home game. You might take more away (you probably do) but not 2,000 more every away game.

Your argument lies in tatters.

You see, I operate in a world of logic and reason. If your logic is skewed, which it clearly is, then how can I argue with you? I'll just let you believe what you want to believe.

So there you go - you're right, Leeds fans certainly do not deserve their bad reputation and Leeds United are definitely worthy Champions of Europe.

The good news for Leeds fans is that in D1 they will be going to more shite grounds and go to more imbred Northern areas than they currently are which will no doubt lead to more fighting. That inturn will give your average backward Leeds fan something to talk about in the pub later and will help make them consume more beers before going home and having to pork there fat lass missuses.

D1 will be for the best for everyone in Leeds! :thumbup::D

Quite frankly if you can't see the flaw in the following logic, then I can't really justify spending time arguing with you.

You say...

Leeds fans have more arrests as there are more of them attending games.

I counter this by saying this is simply untrue. Leicester have 2,000 more at every home game. You might take more away (you probably do) but not 2,000 more every away game.

You see, I operate in a world of logic and reason. If your logic is skewed, which it clearly is, then how can I argue with you? I'll just let you believe what you want to believe.

So there you go - you're right, Leeds fans certainly do not deserve their bad reputation and Leeds United are definitely worthy Champions of Europe.

Are you not finding this dull? I am. Oh well, i'll play along for now:

Leeds fans have more arrests as there are more of them attending games - I actaully said away games but apparently more are arrested at home games. Stands to reason I guess but with the numbers involved (about 2 per match), it really is pointless talking about it.

I'm begining to suspect that you missed the main point of my argument entirely. Saying that Leeds fans have on average 0.8 of a fan more than Leicester arrested per game is hardly proof positive that Leeds fans are shockingly worse than yourselves - or anyone else for that matter. If we were getting hundreds more arrested per game, you may have a decent point. Less than one fan per game more, well it's just farcical that you think it makes a valid point.

You see, I operate in a world of logic and reason. If your logic is skewed, which it clearly is, then how can I argue with you? I'll just let you believe what you want to believe.[/b]

:w00t:

Yea. You are Lord Chumpion of Europe, Master of all you survey - deviner of truths and seer of untruths.

Do you ever have a problem with your flies?

:w00t:

Yea. You are Lord Chumpion of Europe, Master of all you survey - deviner of truths and seer of untruths.

Do you ever have a problem with your flies?

lol You clown, you're having a rise out of one of your own there. I quoted the words in bold rather than boxed to throw you lollol

I'm begining to suspect that you missed the main point of my argument entirely. Saying that Leeds fans have on average 0.8 of a fan more than Leicester arrested per game is hardly proof positive that Leeds fans are shockingly worse than yourselves - or anyone else for that matter.

I actaully said away games but apparently more are arrested at home games. Stands to reason I guess but with the numbers involved (about 2 per match), it really is pointless talking about it.

An extra 0.8 from 2 a game is 40%, despite lower attendances. Nice spin.

Saying that Leeds fans have on average 0.8 of a fan more than Leicester arrested per game is hardly proof positive that Leeds fans are shockingly worse than yourselves

No, but your dressing of the facts is, though, shockingly akin to the women in Leeds. Bit (lot) of slap, nice dress, but scratch the surface...

Will Leeds be the last team this happens to ?

Be interesting to see what happens at Chelsea after Abramovic, rich Russian buisnessmen do tend to have a high mortality rate.

Aye, it will be interesting to see what happens to Chelsea when Abramovich has had enough. There's not really any room for sentiment in business so, while I guess he'll leave them some money rather than leave them high and dry, I very much doubt it will be enough to keep up their spending at the current levels for long. Neways, not all Chelsea fans like Abramovich. My best mate's Chelsea and reckons Abramovich et al have killed the club. Rather than Saturdays consisting of lads huddled in the shed passing round a spliff, he now reckons the ground is full of tourists. He cited, to his disgust, being sat behind a fat American stuffing his face with a burger last time he went. My mate hasn't been for a couple of seasons now.

An extra 0.8 from 2 a game is 40%, despite lower attendances. Nice spin.

No, but your dressing of the facts is, though, shockingly akin to the women in Leeds. Bit (lot) of slap, nice dress, but scratch the surface...

So you always judge a majority on a tiny minority do you? You're making big percentages out of tiny fractions, a spectacularly futile excersize.

So you always judge a majority on a tiny minority do you? You're making big percentages out of tiny fractions, a spectacularly futile excersize.

He wasn't judging anyone.

He was pulling the veneer of incredulous, defensive bollocks back to reveal the facts which suggest the exact opposite of your own spin.

Of course you can't judge the majority based on the actions of a minority within the ranks.

If you're looking for an exercise in futility though... well, you're engaged in one. The figures speak for themselves.

You can't claim that it's 'tiny' just because it's a small number. Statistics are relative, as is the percentage system. If you don't understand that, I'm wasting my time.

This should make uneasy reading for our new friend Mr Breath.

Talk about unpallatable truth!

Home Office Report 2005/2006

:whistle:

Yes and most of these arrests in Leeds were for taking their pig-ugly blarts out during daylight hours, having their flat cap on the wrong way round or forgetting to remove the ferret from their pants before urinating in the drain.

Yes and most of these arrests in Leeds were for taking their pig-ugly blarts out during daylight hours, having their flat cap on the wrong way round or forgetting to remove the ferret from their pants before urinating in the drain.

You forgot failure to pay their Bovine Intercourse Tax.

Aye, it will be interesting to see what happens to Chelsea when Abramovich has had enough. There's not really any room for sentiment in business so, while I guess he'll leave them some money rather than leave them high and dry, I very much doubt it will be enough to keep up their spending at the current levels for long. Neways, not all Chelsea fans like Abramovich. My best mate's Chelsea and reckons Abramovich et al have killed the club. Rather than Saturdays consisting of lads huddled in the shed passing round a spliff, he now reckons the ground is full of tourists. He cited, to his disgust, being sat behind a fat American stuffing his face with a burger last time he went. My mate hasn't been for a couple of seasons now.

Yes mate I'm Pompey not Leicester and alot of our lot are starting to see the Premiership isn't all it was cracked up to be. A huge number have simply been priced out of the ground. Its not as if we have the sort of ground that attracts the "new breed" of football fan.

Somebody posted a survey and of the supporters who bought season tickets for the 1st season in the premier league only 50% are now left. It isn't a lack of loyalty. That first season it was about £700 for me and my lad this season it was over £1000.

The sad thing about the premier league is that the club no longer needs supporters because Sky cover all the costs.

What makes me laugh is that a thread originally started to compliment and praise the loyal support of Leeds United has descended (ascended?) into insults ranging from bovine intercourse to mocking of the local female population.

To be fair they probably deserve it the nasty hooligans.

I've noticed that we don't sing about 'Leicester' anymore, it's eaither abusing the away team or chanting Hume.....that's about it.

At Filbert Street we'd always sing 'C'mon Leicester' everytime we got a corner or free-kick.....now it's just a few claps.

I've noticed that we don't sing about 'Leicester' anymore, it's eaither abusing the away team or chanting Hume.....that's about it.

At Filbert Street we'd always sing 'C'mon Leicester' everytime we got a corner or free-kick.....now it's just a few claps.

Yeah but under MON etc, a set piece meant a decent chance of a goal.

Under CL and now RK it results in a pish poor delivery hitting the first man and a great chance of conceding a goal on the counter whilst our half-fit, mercenary, wasters, canter back wondering how many peroxide tarts they will pull in life/fat cats/mars bar that night.

Honestly, this isn't strictly true. If I try to start songs (which I regularly do), they're invariably about Leicester and have nothing to do with the away fans or Iain Hume. But it's quite difficult to get songs about Leicester going and sustain them for any period of time, as has been mentioned by many people other than myself. People are so disillusioned by everything that has happened on the pitch in recent years, and see a lack of passion from the players, so they can't really be bothered to show passion for said players. Oh, and what TPH said in the previous post makes a lot of sense as well. I'm sick to death of seeing a corner from us not beating the first man - it's an absolute disgrace.

You can't claim that it's 'tiny' just because it's a small number

I can't? I thought I could. In fact, i'm sure I can. Come to think of it I did. It's a very small number and a small number if considered as a percentage. Around 300,000 fans will watch Leeds home and away (obviously many are the same fans week in week out). 80 arrests from that is an incredibly small number, either taken on it's own or as a percentage. So I think i'm fully justified in saying the number is tiny.

Statistics are relative, as is the percentage system. If you don't understand that, I'm wasting my time.

Absolutely agree. The original point I responded to was that Leeds fans are no worse or better than anyone else. Referring to arrest stats that account for less than 2 people per game, is hardly a comparison between 20,000 Leeds fans and 20,000 fans from another club. However, as it appears it's all you really have to go on, I can't knock you for trying.

I can't? I thought I could. In fact, i'm sure I can. Come to think of it I did. It's a very small number and a small number if considered as a percentage. Around 300,000 fans will watch Leeds home and away (obviously many are the same fans week in week out). 80 arrests from that is an incredibly small number, either taken on it's own or as a percentage. So I think i'm fully justified in saying the number is tiny.

Absolutely agree. The original point I responded to was that Leeds fans are no worse or better than anyone else. Referring to arrest stats that account for less than 2 people per game, is hardly a comparison between 20,000 Leeds fans and 20,000 fans from another club. However, as it appears it's all you really have to go on, I can't knock you for trying.

This is very simple, you said Leeds fans were no worse than any other club.

The stats show you are.

Thanks for visiting.

Archived