Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Stadium to be strengthened?

I still can't understand all the locals moaning about parking. Surely it will be just the same when we filled the stadium in some of the games when we were last in the premiership?

I guess it's just because it'll be happening an extra six to twelve times a year.

I got no further than here before I gave up reading. This is fooking excellent news. If the Walkers holds pop concerts, surely everyone who attends will be standing, singing and jumping around. Now, how the fock are Health and Safety going to allow this to happen, considering this is all we wish to do at the football and they don't allow it to happen at football matches?? They can't surely?? If they do, there'll be outrage. fooking perfect stuff.

Nah, because people who want to stand and jump around will buy standing tickets, which will be where the pitch is.

Those who don't will buy seating tickets where they will be sitting down.

For future reference the clue's in the name.

I guess it's just because it'll be happening an extra six to twelve times a year.

Nah, because people who want to stand and jump around will buy standing tickets, which will be where the pitch is.

Those who don't will buy seating tickets where they will be sitting down.

For future reference the clue's in the name.

It's not. The name just suggests the stadium may be being strengthened. They wouldn't do this unless they were expecting people to dance around in the stands and were worried about it crumbling.

Unless I'm completely missing the point of your post and you're not being serious. Again. As per usual.

Dancing on the pitch or dancing in the stands, it doesn't matter - each poses a risk to the integrity of the stadium's structure.

That's why the reinforcements need to take place - thousands of fans dancing on the stadium itself isn't the only concern. The rapid movement of thousands of people anywhere in the close proximity of the stadium also poses a risk to the structure... so too does the music being played within, I'm sure.

It's a combination of things that made concerts at the Walkers a bit risky... hopefully a bit of reinforcement should fix that and lead to the opening of a new revenue stream for the club. :thumbup:

I'm sure that aspect is part of the design, movement is generally preferred to rigidity when it comes to construction, although 30K+ all bouncing up and down to the same base line is obviously not be a good idea.

O I don't know,the stadium falling apart will then match what's happening on the pitch! :whistle:

I got no further than here before I gave up reading. This is fooking excellent news. If the Walkers holds pop concerts, surely everyone who attends will be standing, singing and jumping around. Now, how the fock are Health and Safety going to allow this to happen, considering this is all we wish to do at the football and they don't allow it to happen at football matches?? They can't surely?? If they do, there'll be outrage. fooking perfect stuff.

Unfortunately that is not the logic that was applied to ban standing at top level football matches, it was to curtail hooliganism at football matches that's why you can still stand at other similar sporting events like rugby and at concerts taking place inside stadiums where standing is banned for football matches.

This was all on the back of the Hillsborough disaster which is still perceived by many to have resulted from hooliganism but was primarily to do with over crowding, poor policing and pitch side fencing (ironically installed to stop hoolies running on the pitch)

The inquiry into the disaster, the Taylor Report, named the cause as failure of police control, and resulted in the conversion of many football stadiums in the United Kingdom to all-seater and the removal of barriers at the front of stands.

No one can doubt that hooliganism has been massively reduced since, although from my experience could quite easily erupt again this has a lot to do with stricter policing both inside and outside stadiums, cctv & banning orders like you have suffered.

Unless someone can persuade the government of the day to change the laws and they might see that as a big risk if it resulted in the death of just one fan then it is here to stay.

Why didnt they think of all this when they were building a brand spanking new stadium FFS??!! Madness that we have to spend more money years later to make the venue able to hold concerts and stuff lol.

Why didnt they think of all this when they were building a brand spanking new stadium FFS??!! Madness that we have to spend more money years later to make the venue able to hold concerts and stuff lol.

cus we were skint at the time, and were doing it on the cheap.

Maybe we built it on the cheap. We gave the money to Peter Taylor instead at the time :whistle:

needs doing for def, couple of my leeds supporting mates said to me they were shocked how much the ground was shaking when they were jumping about

You could feel it to when we played WBA. When they did 'boing boing' the stadium was bouncing, not a very nice feeling.

Maybe we built it on the cheap. We gave the money to Peter Taylor instead at the time :whistle:

You cant blame Peter Taylor for wasting money mate. We got great value from players like Matt Jones and Ade Akinbuyi lol. :whistle:

You cant blame Peter Taylor for wasting money mate. We got great value from players like Matt Jones and Ade Akinbuyi lol. :whistle:

Crap as fook for us. But I'd happily take him back now. He knows how to find the net at this level and that's something we currently don't have going for us. All it'd come down to is Akinbiyi or Hammond and Horsfield?? I know which would be my choice.

However, Kenneth Armson, who lives in nearby Sheffield Street, is among the concerned residents.

He said: "Parking is an ongoing problem. I don't want to be a killjoy, but I'd have to say we've got enough problems around here without adding to them."

Maybe you should have thought about that before you MOVE NEXT TO A FOOTBALL GROUND!!!!

You could feel it to when we played WBA. When they did 'boing boing' the stadium was bouncing, not a very nice feeling.

This is all bullshine..did they exspect City fans to sit still and not jump up and down?..now I understand..it's a deliberate ploy...the efforts on the pitch will continue to be poor until the stadium is strengthened so we don't get too excited and break it! :frusty:

Maybe you should have thought about that before you MOVE NEXT TO A FOOTBALL GROUND!!!!
Personally as someone who lives locally on Danvers Road i can see his point as loads of fans park their cars in the streets near the ground and some of them are complete wankers with no regards to the traffic laws parking their cars illegally on the street corners which makes access difficult. This is the fault of both the club and council for not making proper provisions for parking and also residents living near the New College up New Parks who opposed a park and ride facility on match days which would have helped. Most local residents realise they can't do much about the traffic but most have their own cars and can't park near their homes if fans are using their spaces. There is also the issue of Tigers and City playing on the same day at the same time which increases the traffic congestion plus almost regular road works on Narborough Road which doesn't help either.

Do you think that in the long run other improvements will be made to the stadium, ie. a decent scoreboard?

I don't mind the scoreboard. Although lately the time has been well out of accuracy.

Archived