Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Norwich Fan

Anything you want to know about Worthy?

Maybe you should change clubs if your leicester born and bred lol:ph34r:

My family are norfolk born and bred, i moved to Harborough when i was about 3 months old, and was there for about years. Norwich Season ticket holder non stop for 9 years. Always supported Norwich!

With the non norfolk upbringing thankfully my accent isnt that naarfolk.

Norwich isnt huge, but its a Nice City.

Norfolk aint really boring, Sheringham near where i live, seaside resort, , picturesque sporting venues, and thankfully not turned into great yamrouth.

Oh and theres nothing wrong with the Geoffrey Watling Stand, thats where i sit. It's quaint, and alot bigger than somestands,

My family are norfolk born and bred, i moved to Harborough when i was about 3 months old, and was there for about years. Norwich Season ticket holder non stop for 9 years. Always supported Norwich!

With the non norfolk upbringing thankfully my accent isnt that naarfolk.

Norwich isnt huge, but its a Nice City.

Norfolk aint really boring, Sheringham near where i live, seaside resort, , picturesque sporting venues, and thankfully not turned into great yamrouth.

Oh and theres nothing wrong with the Geoffrey Watling Stand, thats where i sit. It's quaint, and alot bigger than somestands,

fair enough, different people, different tastes. but i have to disagree on the Geoffrey Watling Stand, two tiers on there and you would have yourself a decent stadium.

Ryan Jarvis was touted as one of the best prospects in the country, 4 years ago, worthy never gavin him a chance.

Henderson is one of the strikers he used on the wing, before kicking him out of favour because he was too young.

Both players have lost any skill they had.

Rossi J and Lewis are too more Worthy never really tried, although grant hasnt tried them either, they may well not be up to it.

Shackall came through during our prem season when worthy's newboys Donkerty and Charlton were a disaster. But Shackall was 21 before he got a look in.

1)Worthy is more likely to drop your better players after 1 good game, rather than drop your consistently poor worst ones just cause they have his "work ethic"

If he can split our rabble into better and worse players I'll be a monkey's uncle

Anyone else bored of these Norwich fans slating him?

We'll do you on Saturday, get a new manager in the summer (Coleman - it was too early to appoint Coleman yesterday..) and then hopefully get some decent players in. :worship:

Anyone else bored of these Norwich fans slating him?

We'll do you on Saturday, get a new manager in the summer (Coleman - it was too early to appoint Coleman yesterday..) and then hopefully get some decent players in. :worship:

I'm not bored of it. It's obvious that he's got serious limitations as a manager, but i'll only start worrying if Mandaric gives him the gig full-time in the summer. Something I find highly unlikely if Milan has any sense.

Ryan Jarvis was touted as one of the best prospects in the country, 4 years ago, worthy never gavin him a chance.

Henderson is one of the strikers he used on the wing, before kicking him out of favour because he was too young.

Both players have lost any skill they had.

Rossi J and Lewis are too more Worthy never really tried, although grant hasnt tried them either, they may well not be up to it.

Shackall came through during our prem season when worthy's newboys Donkerty and Charlton were a disaster. But Shackall was 21 before he got a look in.

Yeah and where is he now lol might help explain why he wasn't given a chance.

I'm not bored of it. It's obvious that he's got serious limitations as a manager, but i'll only start worrying if Mandaric gives him the gig full-time in the summer. Something I find highly unlikely if Milan has any sense.

What worries me is why Worthington would take the job if he wasn't given assurances of some sort that there was a realistic chance he could go full-time in the summer.

It seems he has too many flaws for Milan to consider him as a long term replacement but why would Worthington take charge for 5 games if he didn't think he could get the job full-time. And how does Milan justify sacking him at the end of the season if he does the job of keeping us in the division (bearing in mind if Worthington knew that whatever he did wouldn't be good enough then why would he join in the first place).

Putting himself in the management shop window doesn't wash with me - it's only 5 games after all - which leaves me concerned that if he does even just a reasonable job (i.e. keeps us up) he will be given more time (i.e. the summer and start of next season at least) to prove himself.

I've got a worrying feeling we could see a lot more of Worthington than we think.

Matches for worthington

1 Worthington, Minnesota, United States

2 Worthington, Ohio, United States

3 Worthington, Indiana, United States

4 Worthington, Kentucky, United States

5 Worthington, West Virginia, United States

6 Worthington, Missouri, United States

7 Worthington, Kentucky, United States

8 Worthington, Pennsylvania, United States

9 Worthington, Iowa, United States

10 Worthington, Leicestershire, United Kingdom

multimap :thumbup:

What worries me is why Worthington would take the job if he wasn't given assurances of some sort that there was a realistic chance he could go full-time in the summer.

It seems he has too many flaws for Milan to consider him as a long term replacement but why would Worthington take charge for 5 games if he didn't think he could get the job full-time. And how does Milan justify sacking him at the end of the season if he does the job of keeping us in the division (bearing in mind if Worthington knew that whatever he did wouldn't be good enough then why would he join in the first place).

Putting himself in the management shop window doesn't wash with me - it's only 5 games after all - which leaves me concerned that if he does even just a reasonable job (i.e. keeps us up) he will be given more time (i.e. the summer and start of next season at least) to prove himself.

I've got a worrying feeling we could see a lot more of Worthington than we think.

Or he's been offered some ridiculous incentive to ensure our survival. :whistle:

Which reminds me. Does anyone know if managers still get a percentage of the value of transfers in and out, rather like Ron Saunders was famous for.

It is the only thing that would appear to explain the number of signings some managers make - including Worthington from what I've read.

What a mug's game football can be.

Would you honestly give people like Worthington, Kelly, Levein or Adams your millions with which to choose footballers cos I'm bloody sure I wouldn't.

And the only way I'd share the profits on transfers would be if the manager was sharing the risk. And then it would have to be a bloody good manager.

Matches for worthington

1 Worthington, Minnesota, United States

2 Worthington, Ohio, United States

3 Worthington, Indiana, United States

4 Worthington, Kentucky, United States

5 Worthington, West Virginia, United States

6 Worthington, Missouri, United States

7 Worthington, Kentucky, United States

8 Worthington, Pennsylvania, United States

9 Worthington, Iowa, United States

10 Worthington, Leicestershire, United Kingdom

multimap :thumbup:

As I've already said on another thread. I live 5 minutes away from Worthington (Place, not the poor football manager)

What formation does he usually line up with?

Does he play players out of position much?

What position did he play Kenton?

Will he drop Jarrett on Saturday?

Will Hammond start?

He lines up a rigid 4-4-2 (he's exactly like Kelly in that respect) he occasioanly plays players out of position but all managers do at some point, and he played Kenton at right back before he fell out with him, who knows who he's going to start?? I'm guessing he'll drop Jarret and play Horsfield and Fryatt up front with Hume on the right.

There are plenty of managers who believe they can convince chairman to give them the manager's job. Worthington is probably thinking, what's he got to lose. It's a great opportunity, if he impresses the chairman then he's got a chance of having a job that's far more prosperous than any managerial job he's ever had before. Also, he know's that even if Milan finds an alternative manager he'd rather bring in long term in the summer, then Worthington can walk away knowing he's kept his hand in the game, etc.

Believe me, Milan Mandaric is a shrewd man. He's ruthless and can be a bastard if he wants to be. It was made clear in the press conference that all that's been said is that it's for 5 games. Some managers might have questioned that and seeked assurances, if Worthington had done that, i'm sure he'd have been told to accept this proposition or to forget it. I think Worthington will have to do a lot of convincing and impressing to get Mandaric to give him it full-time.

I can't for one second believe Worthington was or is Milan's first choice this summer when he intended to get rid of Kelly. I'm also sure that Mandaric wouldn't panic in to settling for a lesser quality of manager just to get rid of Rob before the season's out. That's why this is only a caretaker role that Nidge has been given.

I trust Mandaric, I think he has better managers than Worthington in his sights. I still think he'll try and get hold of Tigana if there's any way possible.

What formation does he usually line up with?

Does he play players out of position much?

What position did he play Kenton?

Will he drop Jarrett on Saturday?

Will Hammond start?

Loves playing strikers on the right wing, other than that he's ok positionally.

I think Kenton was a right back when he wa s here under worthy.

Probably, he'll have a word with Doug 'bottle carrier' livermore and decide he's no good. Livermore hahahaha, he's worst than worthy.

Hammond, dunno, fryatt and Hume have been doing allright so i'd guess he'd keep them two in.

4-4-2 with 3 strikers.

I live near the real Worthington, Nigel, about 20 onutes up tthe road from me.

Archived