Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jonbluefox9

End of season 'lap of honour'

I've been thinking to myself, since the end of today's match, about if the players will dare do a lap of honour after the Wolves match? Even if we do manage to stay up this season it will still have been a season full of very few highs and many disgraceful performances. I was also wondering what people on here would do in response to a 'lap of honour' if the players were to do one? I know there would be a few who would stand and clap regardless but I wouldn't be able to do that. I'm normally quite laid back but seeing this group of players walking around the pitch after such an awful season, relegated or not, would infuriate me greatly. Just walking out isn't my style either but not sure what could be done to express my feelings short of running on the pitch and shooting most of them. Any ideas?

I've been thinking to myself, since the end of today's match, about if the players will dare do a lap of honour after the Wolves match? Even if we do manage to stay up this season it will still have been a season full of very few highs and many disgraceful performances. I was also wondering what people on here would do in response to a 'lap of honour' if the players were to do one? I know there would be a few who would stand and clap regardless but I wouldn't be able to do that. I'm normally quite laid back but seeing this group of players walking around the pitch after such an awful season, relegated or not, would infuriate me greatly. Just walking out isn't my style either but not sure what could be done to express my feelings short of running on the pitch and shooting most of them. Any ideas?

I'd call it more a 'lap of dishonour'.

I would be surprised if they did one- but at the end of the day theyve tried their best and its not their fault some tit brought them here when he knew they wernt good enough.

I certainly wont be clapping them though, given their all or not.

Don't they usually turn it on it's head and say the players would like to come out and thank you, the fans for your support. Cue the sycophants in the crowd to start clapping in the style of Dublin today.

I'd call it more a 'lap of dishonour'.

I would be surprised if they did one- but at the end of the day theyve tried their best and its not their fault some tit brought them here when he knew they wernt good enough.

I certainly wont be clapping them though, given their all or not.

Yeah, but have they? Really??? :dunno:

All I'm thinking is, turning around and leaving at the final whistle won't have such a great impact if there are still some happy clappers running to the front of the stands to show their appreciation for the players 'great efforts' this season, because believe me there would be some!

All I'm thinking is, turning around and leaving at the final whistle won't have such a great impact if there are still some happy clappers running to the front of the stands to show their appreciation for the players 'great efforts' this season, because believe me there would be some!

Too right.

Surely they would not dare. They owe us a lot for our support this year. Taking fans all over the country to watch what can best be described as shit, they should be ashamed.

Hardly anybody would bother staying for it anyway. What do they have to applaud for?

I don't think the players will want to do it out of sheer embaressment but I guess they'll be told they have to.

Since when do they do what they're told to?! :frusty:

Filbert Fox is worth a round of applause, still trying to put full commitment in - cant be easy in that suit when it was warm today. Shame about the other idiots in blue shirts.

But then think of it as a happy occasion as next season you wont have to see a large number of this squad again as they will have left. So be proud stay behind clap and cheer, it could be worse at least we have Milans :worship: millions to look forward to being spent and hopefully wisely.

Don't they usually turn it on it's head and say the players would like to come out and thank you, the fans for your support. Cue the sycophants in the crowd to start clapping in the style of Dublin today.

I couldn't understand the rousing applause for Dublin today either. What did he do to deserve the clapping? He was at our club for a year and a half - when he was up front he was hopeless and in defence he was nothing special either. Remember that error against Blackpool in the FA Cup? Just because he's a Leicester lad it doesn't mean he deserves to be applauded - he did very little for our club, and before he left he was part of the team that dragged us into the relegation zone.

As for the end of season 'lap of honour' - the players should be embarrassed to even consider it. I would certainly not stay behind to clap these fools. If anything, the club should make a handful of players apologise to the fans for their inept performances over the PA system.

Any apologies to be issued should come not from the players or management but from the head man.

The buck stops with him.

After all if things had turned out differently and we had made the playoffs he would not have hesitated for one moment before claiming the credit.

Any apologies to be issued should come not from the players or management but from the head man.

The buck stops with him.

Stop being a tit.

Name the list of things MM could have done since joining the club then smart-arse?

Only idiots were mentioning the Play-off's.

Archived