Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Harpenden Fox

Tuesday night

let's face it, if the whole kop stood for 90 mins the stewards could do fook all. all it takes is for say 70 or 80 die-hards to get season tickets right on the first two or three rows, refuse to sit down and sing 'stand up if ya love Leicester' for the first 5 minutes of the match for the first game next season. After a time people would realise the benefits of standing, and if they were really that bothered they could switch stand.

let's face it, if the whole kop stood for 90 mins the stewards could do fook all. all it takes is for say 70 or 80 die-hards to get season tickets right on the first two or three rows, refuse to sit down and sing 'stand up if ya love Leicester' for the first 5 minutes of the match for the first game next season. After a time people would realise the benefits of standing, and if they were really that bothered they could switch stand.

you would not be able to get the season tickets at the front as this is where the flask-brigade is unfortunately

I'd love it to happen, but it never will.

I'll sing, I'll dance, I'll fart (?), I'll do anything but clap cos I smashed my 4th finger (left hand) last Thursday and it's bloody sore.

On a more sombre note, let's leave the cynicism at home for once. This is a must win.

Lets be honest, if every single person in the Kop was standing, they couldnt do anything about it. People are always standing at other grounds, they cant do anything when its the whole stand.

They couldnt shut down the stand? Could they? Oh wait... :frusty:

I realise there are lots of problems/issues etc

BUT

This is our club. If we don't win tonight and we go down then the players won't suffer, we will. It will be those of us who care who will still be doing to watch city just a league lower and we'll have to wait longer before MM can rebuild. From now until the end of the season everyone HAS to get behind the players, whatever you think of them, and behind the team as a whole because it's our club on the line.

Let's leave all talk of stewarding and switching stands until the summer when we're (hopefully) safe. That was all well and good while we thought that we would drift to mid-table obscurity but now there are more important things!

Those of who care should come home tonight without a voice and knowing that we did everything we could to lift the team and create a real atmosphere!

I realise there are lots of problems/issues etc

BUT

This is our club. If we don't win tonight and we go down then the players won't suffer, we will. It will be those of us who care who will still be doing to watch city just a league lower and we'll have to wait longer before MM can rebuild. From now until the end of the season everyone HAS to get behind the players, whatever you think of them, and behind the team as a whole because it's our club on the line.

Let's leave all talk of stewarding and switching stands until the summer when we're (hopefully) safe. That was all well and good while we thought that we would drift to mid-table obscurity but now there are more important things!

Those of who care should come home tonight without a voice and knowing that we did everything we could to lift the team and create a real atmosphere!

ive always said the foxes who live in London are the cleverest! :worship::thumbup:

I have to admit that although I'm a fully grown, reasonably sobre middle aged man, I feel emotional about my Club just now.

Thus a plea for Tuesday night.

Remember that game at Filbo when we got relegated from the Prem? We played Man U, and sang our hearts out throughout.

Remember that first Prem game at the Walkers.?The first half atmo against Southampton

Remember a 1-1 home draw with Wolves in an evening game? The Kop song relentlessly for 20 minutes at the start of the second half, and imho virtually made Maybury score.

My point is this. The players seem incapable of lifting themselves. Could we do it for them? I'm not saying I know how to make it happen, but if 90% of Leicester fans stood from 5 minutes before kick off and started singing 'we love you Leicester, we do' etc, again, and again, and again, I have no doubt it would inspire our players, and who knows, could even lift us to the win which would pretty much keep us afloat.

I'd hate us to go down with a whimper. If you don't normally sing, sing on Tuesday night.

Our Club needs us, its loyal supporters, to inspire the undeserving overpaids on the pitch.

Well said. We desperately need something from this game tonight, the players need all the support we can give them. :thumbup:

Hopefully I'll be there tonight, and if so I'll be singing my heart out. :)

What time are people going to arrive tonight? If enough of us get there early enough and create a real buzz around the place not just for the players but the other fans too then that's going to make a difference. I've just read through all the other rallying cries and everyone here seems to be getting into the mood but we need to pass that on to everyone else. Let's start the singing in the pubs today before we even get to the ground, in the concourses before the game and make sure that the buzz i'm starting to feel around here gets to everyone else to.

(Now the mods can feel free to move this to whichever thread they feel most appropriate)

I have to wait for my brother to leave work early before I head off so I dont think I`ll be leaving London anywhere before 5pm. Lets just pray there isnt any traffic as I`ll end up being late rather than early!

What time are people going to arrive tonight? If enough of us get there early enough and create a real buzz around the place not just for the players but the other fans too then that's going to make a difference. I've just read through all the other rallying cries and everyone here seems to be getting into the mood but we need to pass that on to everyone else. Let's start the singing in the pubs today before we even get to the ground, in the concourses before the game and make sure that the buzz i'm starting to feel around here gets to everyone else to.

(Now the mods can feel free to move this to whichever thread they feel most appropriate)

**** that I'm watching as much of the cricket as possible!

Well one was certainly generated tonight, maybe a little too late though.

What an atmosphere, brilliant stuff. The best i've ever seen at the Walkers and the players (sort of) responded. If we had created that kind of atmosphere all season we wouldn't be in this mess... :rolleyes:

Archived