Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Milan

CONRAD LOGAN

Cannot command his area.

Only can comment on what I heard on the radio, and apparently he looked nervous, and was possibly to blame for the first goal!! We could have done with a big performance from the lad, like the one doyle had!!

Happy 21st Logan!!

To be fair i think both Hendo and Logan are pretty much on par... though I'll admit the dropping of Henderson was somthing i didnt really understand, unless its the shead load of goals we had conceeded prior to Wortho's arrival... but I'd be tempted to put him back after Logan's latest performances.

I'd go 4-3-3 at Preston...

Hendo

Stearman Kisnorbo McAuley Mattock

Newton Weso Porter

Hume

Cadamarti Fryatt

Shocking Mistake for the first goal.

i think he might have done better for the first goal but he kept the score down on saturday.

it has taken more than 1 mistake from the keeper to get us into this atrocious mess.

i'd say the lack of guile, creativity and basically being poorer in every area then birmingham cost us last night not

conrad logan

Also, he wasted his goal kicks grrr. :mad:

Thats lack of confidence though i think, Hendo's kicking used to be shocking but it has dramatically improved.

I was very confused to see Henderson, i think he should be bought back in for the preston game as they are going to be alot more attacking than brum were i think.

Shame we cant stick em both in there really :) haha

Hendo has made countless errors this season along with some great saves but strangely, Hendo sometimes doesnt seem to judge the flight of the ball and seems to get beaten when the ball looks like it was only a foot away from him! Logan upto now seemed to get beaten by wonder strikes but he didnt have his best game for us yesterday which wasnt great timing!

Logan is the future but maybe the defence seem more comfortable and confident with Hendo in front of them?

There is one major difference between the two:

Logan always comes out. Hendo never comes out.

Both can, and have, lead to conceding goals.

But I think Logan's kicking is better than Hendo's, and he's better at coming for crosses. Whereas Hendo can, and does, do some fine reaction saves.

It's swings and roundabouts.

I wouldn't say one is better than the other though. :unsure:

To be fair i think both Hendo and Logan are pretty much on par... though I'll admit the dropping of Henderson was somthing i didnt really understand, unless its the shead load of goals we had conceeded prior to Wortho's arrival... but I'd be tempted to put him back after Logan's latest performances.

Hendo

Newton Weso Porter

Hume

Cadamarti Fryatt

I like that team, let's get it on. (the team that is)

His first half was shocking and his kicks (all long and up the centre) found Birmingham everytime.

Second half, he started throwing it out so that we could build attacks.

You have to say though, he was exposed by the defence during the first half and they were attacking SO well. Cole was a class apart for a while.

Hendo

Newton Weso Porter

Hume

Cadamarti Fryatt

I like that team too, but I would keep Logan - he had a howler last night, both goals and his kicking - seems to be way too much curve on them resulting in throw ins. He should throw out like he did in the second half, much better to keep possession.

I've no strong feelings one way or the other about Henderson/Logan but suggesting he should be dropped because of an iffy game won't help.

We've conceded close to two goals a game for nearly two months and Hendrson's been in goal for most of that time and has dropped several clangers during the second half of the year, starting against Sunderland.

That was probably Logan's first bad game and it doesn't make him a bad goalkeeper any more than it would have made Henderson one.

Furthermore if you want to drop everyone who contributed to the loss of Birmingham's goals and who played shit in the first half-hour you wouldn't have much of a team left.

Why not drop Kisnorbo? He's the captain, the one who should be doing some organising. Not only did he fail in that department but his passing was attrocious and he was nowhere for the goals. It's just a convenience to blame Logan for the header.

I doubt he was ever going to get there - it was a real borderline decision he had to make and any goalkeeper could have got it wrong because the ball in was an outswinger which might have seemed getable when it entered the penalty box but not when it reached the forward. Bottom line was that the scorer should have had a marker and there was no-one near him. That, more than anything, cost the goal.

But Kisnorbo won't be criticised, will he. Yet to some extent his poor distribution probably means 10% more pressure over a game.

I've no strong feelings one way or the other about Henderson/Logan but suggesting he should be dropped because of an iffy game won't help.

We've conceded close to two goals a game for nearly two months and Hendrson's been in goal for most of that time and has dropped several clangers during the second half of the year, starting against Sunderland.

That was probably Logan's first bad game and it doesn't make him a bad goalkeeper any more than it would have made Henderson one.

Furthermore if you want to drop everyone who contributed to the loss of Birmingham's goals and who played shit in the first half-hour you wouldn't have much of a team left.

Why not drop Kisnorbo? He's the captain, the one who should be doing some organising. Not only did he fail in that department but his passing was attrorcious and he was jnowhere for the goals. It's just a convenience to blame Logan for the header.

I doubt he was ever going to get there - it was a real borderland decision he had to make and any goalkeeper could have got it wrong because the ball in was an outswinger which might have seemed getable when it entered the penalty box but not when it reached the forward. Bottom line was that the scorer should have had a marker and there was no-one near him. That, more than anything, cost the goal.

But Kisnorbo won't be criticised, will he. Yet to some extent his poor distribution probably means 10% more pressure over a game.

Indeedy doody correcty, totally lost Jaidi for the first goal.

Henderson has a brain. When a cross comes in, he tries to come for it, runs into oppo players and makes it look like he got fouled.

Logan doesnt do this and if he did, no-one would believe he got pushed out the way anyway when hes that size.

The assumption that Logan is commanding of his area is a myth. So many times yesterday he had the chance to come for balls but was scared.

Im not saying drop him, but next season we need better whatever division we are in.

Archived