Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Flemmish

Academy Clinch Title

From OS:

Leicester City's under 18 side clinched the FA Premier Academy League Group B title following a 3-0 victory over Norwich City at the Belvoir Drive training ground today (Saturday).

Goals from Ryan Beswick, Ashley Chambers and Eric Odhiambo secured the win - and the young charges now face a play-off clash Group A winners Arsenal at a date and venue to be confirmed.

Speaking after the game, a proud Jon Rudkin said: "This is a magnificent achievement for this football club. The players and staff deserve the utmost praise for their efforts throughout the campaign.

"The game was a little edgy to say the least in the opening stages, but an early goal from Ryan soon calmed any nerves.

"We created a number of chances on the day and the lads can feel very happy with themselves.

"We now face a play-off game against Arsenal and that is a match that we are already very much looking forward to."

City: Pentney, Cox, Rowe-Turner, Garner, Lycett, Chambers (Jailow (Tuttle)), Magunda, Howard (Kee), Beswick, McKay, Odhiambo.

A full interview with Academy manager Rudkin will be available to view on Leicester City World next week.

:worship::worship::worship:

read about it here

Group A

Arsenal

Charlton Athletic

Chelsea

Crystal Palace

Fulham

Ipswich Town

Millwall

Norwich City

Southampton

West Ham United

Group B

Aston Villa

Birmingham City

Bristol City

Cardiff City

Coventry City

Leicester City

Milton Keynes Dons

Reading

Tottenham Hotspur

Watford

Group C

Blackburn Rovers

Bolton Wanderers

Crewe Alexandra

Everton

Liverpool

Manchester City

Manchester United

Stoke City

West Bromwich Albion

Wolverhampton Wanderers

Group D

Barnsley

Derby County

Huddersfield Town

Leeds United

Middlesbrough

Newcastle United

Nottingham Forest

Sheffield Wednesday

Sheffield United

Sunderland

Chambers is back and scoring. Surely he must be involved with the first team next season? He is the same age as Mattock and possibly more highly rated, also he is of course our youngest ever player.

Well done lads :thumbup::appl:

Good to see Chambers fit again aswell...

Well done to them. Now as long as we have a reserve team next season they can push on even further.

Shame that Gradel and King had to miss out, seeing as neither have been put on the bench for todays game. :dunno:

Gradel dashed out to congratulate his pal Joe Mattock after the match and I believe Kingy was up there too though I didn't see him.

If Worthington is involving these players that's a first step and one we should have taken ages ago.

I still think King will add a different and missing dimension to our team but it may be that Worthington wants his fitness right up to the new first team standard first or he wants to acclimatise him.

I can't imagine the club intend to simply use him as a bus passenger although with what happened to Dodds and Sheehan you never know.

Even after today we still need a creative player and the added scoring potential that King would bring. And I still don't know why he's never featured.

We also need a genuine "with attitude" centre-forward. Preferably one who can head the ball.

Fantastic achievement for Steve Beaglehole and the lads, they’ve done themselves and the club proud this season. :scarf:

Well done lads.

Hope to see some of them making the step up soon. :thumbup:

Congratulations to our Academy Foxes... :D :D... all season you have done the Leicester name proud... :)

It is great to see we have such talent coming through for the future, and hopefully with a manager that knows how to nurture the talent, we can have good up and coming players for the Foxes Championship side.

However it will be a big test against Arsenal... but I do believe our boys can do it... they have shown their worth all season and I really like the look of Odhiambo and Chalmers... who hopefully can follow Mattock towards the successes at a higher level.

The key for the boys is to keep focused and not get caught in the hype... but so far they have done that and I don't think this match will be much more different. GOOD LUCK ACADEMY FOXES :fox: AND WELL DONE FOR A STELLAR SEASON SO FAR... :clap: :clap:

Well if Wortho's gets the job full time I wouldn't be surprised to see it :dunno:

You could be right there. He hasn't held back with trying Mattock and bringing along Gradel and King so who knows. :dunno:

Chambers is back and scoring. Surely he must be involved with the first team next season? He is the same age as Mattock and possibly more highly rated, also he is of course our youngest ever player.

I don't think any Academy player is more highly rated than Mattock right now.

Anyway congratulations to all the Academy team and what an excellent result in the absence of Mattock, King, Gradel and, even Tejan-Sie who's presumably moved on now.

Well done lads, great achievement this season and not having a reserve team has helped the academy to win this league as the likes of Gradel, King, Mattock and co would have been in the reserves regularly and therefore probably not playing in all of the youth games.

Long may the success continue.

Archived