Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weggy1976

Where did our last good managers come from...?

The idea of a thread.......to start a topic for you to discuss......or more appropriate ARGUE.

Our last good managers (in last 20 years) in my opinion MON, BL, and arguably as hard as it is to say it MM.

They all came from lower clubs, they were all in employment when we acquired their services.

What amazes me is the merry go around of managers and whenever a club sacks their manager the same names come up....and often littered with managers that have recently been sacked by their previous clubs. The point of this thread is to suggest that we should follow the instinct that got us our recent good managers, get one who is doing well NOW in their respective posts. Preston are a fine example of this and look at their recent managers........Moyes (done well since he left PNE)........Davies (spit spit spit but done very well since left PNE) and Simpson done well at PNE. I know known of these have got them promoted, they haven't hung around long enough but they have become an established Championship side due to successful managerial appointments. Ask their chairman who we should go for?

Mickey Adams too, may not have been perfect but he did well and got us promoted and was certainly less dreadful than CL or RK.

Would definitely prefer to have a young up and coming manager on his way up than an old 'experienced' one on his way down.

Whats your problem with Wortho ?

He's took a giant step away from all that tripe we had to put up with under Kelly so why not ?

And to be honest i can't take a man seriously when he has Elvis Hammond as his player of the season sweepstake.

He's took a giant step away from all that tripe we had to put up with under Kelly so why not ?

And to be honest i can't take a man seriously when he has Elvis Hammond as his player of the season sweepstake.

i live in Norwich, so i probably know more than most on here about him as a manager, i use to be dragged along to Norwich games by mates during his era, lets just say it was far from entertaining.

Norwich fans wanted him out a good 18months before he was eventually sacked, hoofball, sitting on 1 goal leads at home, purchasing poor central midfielders.

He won a very poor division that year, actually lets be honest, Huckerby won a very poor division that year.

Once they got to the premiership, failed to win away all season and lost 6-0 on the last day in one of the clubs biggest ever matches. Hes not the man to take this club forward.

And to be honest, you obviously dont know how the sweepstake worked as the players were randomly assigned to forum members :rolleyes:

Because atm it is the players. It was the same with RK when he was caretaker manager, it's called the "New Manager Syndrome." If he gets the job then we will be in the same place next season so we need a new manager who can get the best out of the players; not the players get the best out of themselves when a new manager comes in to try and impress him.

Because atm it is the players. It was the same with RK when he was caretaker manager, it's called the "New Manager Syndrome." If he gets the job then we will be in the same place next season so we need a new manager who can get the best out of the players; not the players get the best out of themselves when a new manager comes in to try and impress him.

:blink: Rubbish.

How can you say that? Worthington has a good deal of experience. Kelly never had that.

Should he get the job he will have money. Kelly never had that either.

:rolleyes:

i live in Norwich, so i probably know more than most on here about him as a manager, i use to be dragged along to Norwich games by mates during his era, lets just say it was far from entertaining.

Norwich fans wanted him out a good 18months before he was eventually sacked, hoofball, sitting on 1 goal leads at home, purchasing poor central midfielders.

He won a very poor division that year, actually lets be honest, Huckerby won a very poor division that year.

Once they got to the premiership, failed to win away all season and lost 6-0 on the last day in one of the clubs biggest ever matches. Hes not the man to take this club forward.

And to be honest, you obviously dont know how the sweepstake worked as the players were randomly assigned to forum members :rolleyes:

Allelujah!!! Here speaketh someone who witnessed the facts about Worthington. Also, when Norwich got relegated it was with a goals conceded record only beaten by four others in Premiership history. This myth that they almost stayed up, as if to claim they were a touch unlucky, is astonishing.

Mickey Adams too, may not have been perfect but he did well and got us promoted and was certainly less dreadful than CL or RK.

Would definitely prefer to have a young up and coming manager on his way up than an old 'experienced' one on his way down.

Micky Adams wasted our parachute payments on shit and left Craig levein with a massive rebuilding job which he failed to do.

We have always been a high profile club and always get linked to good managers but we have tried and failed in recent years by opting for the young and hungry but won fook all type of manager. I would like us to get someone who isnt a complete novice and has some good things on his CV before we appoint him, thats the main reason I dont particularly want Paul Ince. BTW that doesnt mean I want old sods like Howard Wilkinson or Graham Taylor lol!

Lets get someone in who has achieved success as a manager and is out of work due to clubs promoting this superkid managers like Gareth Southgate who has done so little, he has hardly got his coaching badges.

Depends on who you call good really tho isn't it?

MM? Mark McGhee? someone must be havin a laff!

Little did a good job he came from Darlington

O'Neill did a good job he came from Norwich

That's it unless you want to go back 25 years! :angry::rolleyes:

So there is no answer to where they came from as they ain't going to come from Man U or arsenal are they?!

Not that I'm 1 to talk about pointless threads as i enjoy them! :thumbup:

Well (and I'm surprised no one has broached this with you before)...

Mummy Manager and Daddy Manager love each other very much. At night time they give each other a kiss and then have a special cuddle...and that's is where good little Managers come from.

If you need something more detailed or graphic than this then be sure to post your question FAO Master Fox :thumbup:

Allelujah!!! Here speaketh someone who witnessed the facts about Worthington. Also, when Norwich got relegated it was with a goals conceded record only beaten by four others in Premiership history. This myth that they almost stayed up, as if to claim they were a touch unlucky, is astonishing.

And Steve_lcfc comments echo my own personal 2yr torment of his management with Blackpool, here...

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/index.ph...0&start=140

Depends on who you call good really tho isn't it?

MM? Mark McGhee? someone must be havin a laff!

Little did a good job he came from Darlington

O'Neill did a good job he came from Norwich

That's it unless you want to go back 25 years! :angry::rolleyes:

So there is no answer to where they came from as they ain't going to come from Man U or arsenal are they?!

Not that I'm 1 to talk about pointless threads as i enjoy them! :thumbup:

kilworthfox - my point was they didn't come from the "doll queue" like CC and NW.

Ok with a slight spin on this forum, ive been thinking for about 5 mins and i cant come up with any names to the following question.....have we ever had a manager that has come from a team placed higher in the league or in a higher league?

Sacked Fulham boss Chris Coleman is set for talks with Leicester City.

The People says Foxes chairman Milan Mandaric has spoken to the former Fulham chief about the vacancy which will come up at the end of the season - and the Welshman may be keen.

Coleman is desperate to bounce back after being axed by Fulham and he could fancy the idea of leading Mandaric's revolution at the Walkers Stadium if he can also bring his staff.

Nigel Worthington is in charge on a caretaker basis and gave himself a chance with a vital late win at Preston yesterday.

Macclesfield boss Paul Ince has been linked with the post but Coleman is now the favourite.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=36812

Ok with a slight spin on this forum, ive been thinking for about 5 mins and i cant come up with any names to the following question.....have we ever had a manager that has come from a team placed higher in the league or in a higher league?

as already said the point is when have we employed from the "doll queue" otherwise known as the Manager go around circle.

jock wallace came to leicester city from glasgow rangers , does that count :dunno:

Archived