Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mancunianfox

Why have we been so bad at home?

Home/Away form with three points left to play for. Discuss...

Home form:

20 Barnsley 23 9 4 10 27 29 -2 31

21 Hull City 22 8 3 11 32 30 +2 27

22 Luton Town 22 7 5 10 33 35 -2 26

23 Leicester City 22 6 8 8 25 27 -2 26

24 Southend United 23 6 6 11 29 38 -9 24

Away form:

7 West Bromwich Albion 23 8 6 9 30 31 -1 30

8 Stoke City 22 7 7 8 26 24 +2 28

9 Leicester City 23 7 6 10 23 33 -10 27

10 Plymouth Argyle 22 6 8 8 25 35 -10 26

11 Preston North End 23 7 4 12 26 36 -10 25

Source: http://www.fansfocus.com/football/champion...ague.php?comp=2

Home/Away form with three points left to play for. Discuss...

Home form:

20 Barnsley 23 9 4 10 27 29 -2 31

21 Hull City 22 8 3 11 32 30 +2 27

22 Luton Town 22 7 5 10 33 35 -2 26

23 Leicester City 22 6 8 8 25 27 -2 26

24 Southend United 23 6 6 11 29 38 -9 24

Away form:

7 West Bromwich Albion 23 8 6 9 30 31 -1 30

8 Stoke City 22 7 7 8 26 24 +2 28

9 Leicester City 23 7 6 10 23 33 -10 27

10 Plymouth Argyle 22 6 8 8 25 35 -10 26

11 Preston North End 23 7 4 12 26 36 -10 25

Source: http://www.fansfocus.com/football/champion...ague.php?comp=2

I don't think we have, one win more, two extra defeat, a worse goal difference says otherwise by my reckoning. And two of those wins are the two most recent games and have been since Kelly was ousted this has allowed NW, in his 3rd & 4th games to make an impact on the results. The vociferous support by the fans, that wasn't there previously has also been a major factor.

The previous win away was against Burnley and ranks amongst the worse performances by a Leicester City side I've seen in 40 years.

I can't and don't wish to remember the others

I don't think we have, one win more, two extra defeat, a worse goal difference says otherwise by my reckoning. And two of those wins are the two most recent games and have been since Kelly was ousted this has allowed NW, in his 3rd & 4th games to make an impact on the results. The vociferous support by the fans, that wasn't there previously has also been a major factor.

The previous win away was against Burnley and ranks amongst the worse performances by a Leicester City side I've seen in 40 years.

I can't and don't wish to remember the others

Southampton away was a shocker.

:whistle:

Its not that we have been good away...its that we have dropped so many points at home and in comparison to other sides we have picked up a good amount of points on our travels. Renamed the thread for that reason.

Fair enough, but as Evington says we're so shit it's believeable

But so are at least eleven other sides in this league.

To take a phrase from Catherine Tate...'i aint bovvered'about other Clubs being just as shit!!!..I don't want Leicester to be shit! :banana:

It's a shit league.

Yeah people say that, but when you look at the players and some of the games between the top six you actually relise it's not such a shit league.

Our problems are quite clear we can see them from the stats, we're shit at the Walkers and we don't score enough goals, a utterly shit 1.07 a match.

Granted we've been poor away from home as well but thats to be expected, most teams are much worse away from home, we were actually 12th in the Away standings before Nigel Worthington took over, considerable better than our home standing of 23rd.

Yeah people say that, but when you look at the players and some of the games between the top six you actually relise it's not such a shit league.

Our problems are quite clear we can see them from the stats, we're shit at the Walkers and we don't score enough goals, a utterly shit 1.07 a match.

Granted we've been poor away from home as well but thats to be expected, most teams are much worse away from home, we were actually 12th in the Away standings before Nigel Worthington took over, considerable better than our home standing of 23rd.

I agree that its not a shit league. Its just got a lot of poor teams in it.

Its is frustrating that our big problem this season has been winning at home and that statistic made me feel very sympathetic towards our season ticket holders.

I agree that its not a shit league. Its just got a lot of poor teams in it.

Its is frustrating that our big problem this season has been winning at home and that statistic made me feel very sympathetic towards our season ticket holders.

Well I don't want your sympathy - thank you very much! :whistle:

We've just not had a very good season to be fair. Though I think much of that is down to the management and the style of football we were asked to play this season under Kelly. Some of our performances at home haven't been too bad in all honesty, and most of our worst performances this season have been on the road - we've put 11 men behind the ball and snuck goals on the odd occasion we've broken away.

Home teams are generally supposed to take the game to the opposition but Leicester arent good at that.

In the end we get tired by passing the ball sideways and hitting long hopeful balls up to our midget strikeforce, frustration sets in and the away team take advantage.

Either that or the away side score a goal or two knowing theres no way our predictable and limited attack will score.

I'd like to think it was RK's fault for telling them to play this way but most of our players are just crap and cant keep the ball or do something creative with it.

Our away form has been relatively respectable compared to our home form because we don't have to take the initiative, it has suited our tactics and our defensively-weighted team selections.

Even under Worthington, when we've had a far better balanced team, selections and tactics have been been essentially cautious - it is just that our increasing fitness and the greater effort of people to drive forward and support in more numbers has corresponded with some more promising attacking and less time having to soak up pressure.

However, the point is that when you have a team selections that are so limited in their goals potential - as has been the case for so long - the chances of a draw or defeat ecome pretty high - as 18 defeats and 14 draws testimony from 45 games testify.

DavieG makes a good point too because, apart from Cup games, Coventry and one or two other exceptions - our support has been uninspired until recently. Much of that was due to the sorry football we were playing - and which some fans were still effectively advocating in their team selections - but it meant for a totally flat atmosphere on far too many occasions.

And that is why I really believe that, if we want to win a title, we need to have the current sing-at-all-costs policy from day one of the new season. And it shouldn't be compromised if we go a goal behind or lose a game or two.

Teams are wise as to how to get a result here, simply sit back, soak up the pressure and steal a winner somewhere. When we cannot break a team down our players switch to hoofball mode and our strikers unsurpringly struggle. There has been a lack of tempo and very little creative quality.

The lack of atmosphere doesn't aid our Walker's predicament but to say that is the real problem you need to get a grip.

Burnley are our bogey team here, having never beat them in 3/4 visits. Every time I believe they have gone with a 4-5-1 or something negative and still steal 1-0 victories. They do this by doing the two C's containing and countering.

Because at home we have shocking support and the atmosphere is terrible.

Thats my thinking aswell, the crowd at filbert way are very quik to get on players backs. The players have no confidance playing at home.

I didn't realise our away form was that good! :blink:

I've been to the majority of away games this season and only seen us win 4 I think....

Just happens to be the games I didn't go to including Burnley, Leeds and Hull that we actually won! :rolleyes::doh:

Because at home we have shocking support and the atmosphere is terrible.

Yeh that is why we try to lift the atmosphere in N Block.

It hasn't worked a great deal but at least there is some noise thats not just L1. But saying that against Birmingham The Kop was excellent and really did make a difference.

If the supporters perform like the way they have done against Barnsley, Preston and the 2nd half of Brum then I think the players will respond..just like they have done.

Some sides come to our stadium and not only is the pitch usually in good nick along with a lovely stadium but theer are plenty of supporters in the ground and that seems to raise there games, especially the smaller clubs in the division.

One thing that we need to do is really find our feet at home because we wont get anywhere if we continue to get beaten by some of the donkey sides in the division. As a gambler, I usually look out for home bankers and you get the feeling when reading the footy coupon that certain sides will win at home regardless of the opposition because they have made it a fotress. We are still finding our feet all these seasons on at our ground and even the likes of Arsenal are showing that its not easy settling into a new stadium and it seems to inspire the opposition.

Next season could be the season that everything falls into place. The younger players who have been thrust into the first team will have experience, money will be spent in the summer on good players, the fans in recent weeks seemed to have a rocket up their backsides and have come alive and Im sure that we will have a fantastic season next time around and we`ll be good enough at home. There is me setting a low target or two lol

Archived