Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicfox

Julian Gray [Resurrected July 9]

He'd be a decent siging, wouldnt go out of my way to sign him but i would have though Brum would accept an essentially nominal fee to be honest, still hope we're going to bring in Jarvis!

Gray on the left and Newton on the right?? Jeez we are doomed FFS!

I`d rather we look at players like Lee Cook at QPR who are wide players that can make thinsg happen. Gray is useful as a leftback/left mid but he always has struck me as clumsy with no end product which is required at this level. Someone like Cook makes things happen and if we can afford him and he doesnt cost too much we should go for him.

BTW Maybe I am beinga little unfair with Newton who possibly could do a job for us if we have better players around him.

I agree, not many wingers put 110% effort in all of the time and chase down every ball, these types are usually the players who have the ability to unlock a defence. Some players actually manage their energy over 90 minutes rather than wasting it. But yes some players are just bone idle.

Leicester fans seem to have a fetish with players who have a very high work rate. In reality, when it's coupled with high quality you have to pay a lot of money, and that's why players like Newton get a hard time from some fans. My point is that I believe Gray to be the sort of player who works hard, but doesn't expend excess energy. I've only seen him play about 3 times but I'd take him.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived